The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Larry A.

Re: The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

Post by Larry A. »

I just received, in the mail, today, Andy Fish's book of Bat Man Movie print outs. It ahas some REALLY clear pictures of the Bat Suit from the 1943 Serial.

Great Job, Andy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers
Larry
JimmyVale

Post by JimmyVale »

Ok - he’s a repro. Not rare. Nothing new - however, I owned at least one of these in the ‘70s as a kid. I recall Batman teamed up with Captain America a lot. In my backyard, they were a team. Superman and Spider-Man were part of the team at one time, too.

What a Marvel/DC mash-up! Nobody thought about such things back then.

Batman was a big part of my childhood, I missed out on the show as a kid but did get the ViewMaster reels, Mego figure, Aurora model kit, and that “Sensational Bat-Boys” record. I saw a Corgi Batmobile but didn’t have one.

Those things, and the ‘70s comic books were Batman to me. I finally saw the TV show in jr high.
JimmyVale

Post by JimmyVale »

Larry A. wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:06 pm I just received, in the mail, today, Andy Fish's book of Bat Man Movie print outs. It ahas some REALLY clear pictures of the Bat Suit from the 1943 Serial.

Cheers
Wait - that sounds really interesting. I haven’t been on the board in a while - where could one obtain this book??
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

JimmyVale wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:59 pm
Larry A. wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:06 pm I just received, in the mail, today, Andy Fish's book of Bat Man Movie print outs. It ahas some REALLY clear pictures of the Bat Suit from the 1943 Serial.

Cheers
Wait - that sounds really interesting. I haven’t been on the board in a while - where could one obtain this book??
Here you go: https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/andy-fi ... pageSize=4
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Ben Bentley wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:05 am
JimmyVale wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:59 pm

Cheers
Here you go: https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/andy-fi ... pageSize=4
Thanks Ben, I wasn't quite sure which book Larry was talking about-- I have well over 120 books in my Bibliography-- and a serial book from McFarland Press which is long out of print but has a big section on the Batman Serials. This book I can't take much credit for, except for the graphic design, it's merely a reprint of the actual press book as well as a vintage 60s article on the serials which ran in 1964. That's why it sells for just the cost of the book. I have thought about doing it as a hardcover edition mostly for myself, but paying work keeps getting in the way.

Regardless, I'm glad you're happy with it, Larry.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

I'd like to have a hardcover copy of the book, Any!
Larry
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

JimmyVale wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:54 pm Image

Ok - he’s a repro. Not rare. Nothing new - however, I owned at least one of these in the ‘70s as a kid. I recall Batman teamed up with Captain America a lot. In my backyard, they were a team. Superman and Spider-Man were part of the team at one time, too.

What a Marvel/DC mash-up! Nobody thought about such things back then.

Batman was a big part of my childhood, I missed out on the show as a kid but did get the ViewMaster reels, Mego figure, Aurora model kit, and that “Sensational Bat-Boys” record. I saw a Corgi Batmobile but didn’t have one.

Those things, and the ‘70s comic books were Batman to me. I finally saw the TV show in jr high.
Jimmy, don't worry about the fact that it is a repro. I've got 2; one for as it is, and one to modify into the 1939 comic Bat Man with elongated ears and cape. The "bagged" version are cheaper. It makes it more cost effective to modify them as needed.
Larry
hisyouthfulward

Post by hisyouthfulward »

Thanks for the inspiration, Larry...I just put in my order for Andy's book...can't wait to see it
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

You are most welcome. It has some AWESOMELY clear photos! They are much clearer printed than any other prints that I've seen of them. The booklet, imho is worth it and at a decent price as well! Enjoy!
Larry
svl

Post by svl »

Pic of my Christmas gifts from the wife & kids, the Sideshow Batman and Catwoman 1/4 statues. Can't believe I didn't order these when they came out, so thankful for my wonderful fam.
Attachments
Bats & Cats.jpg
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Scotty,
That is fantastic cabinet. I had the Batman for a while, I wanted to display it with the 2’ Infantino Batman, but they were just too big. Too bad I didn’t think of this type of display!
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
svl

Post by svl »

Ikea Besta, Lou. A collectors best friend. :) I have a wall of them on the other side of my studio for the majority of my Bat stuff, and my wife has a wall and two consoles in the family room for her Nightmare Before Christmas collection-
Attachments
IMG_7700.JPG
svl

Post by svl »

Oh, and I forgot her office- she has two walls of them in there for Nightmare stuff. The woman has an unbelievable NBC collection.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Wow, that’s museum worthy! Love it.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Larry A. wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:25 pm I'd like to have a hardcover copy of the book, Andy!
Well, ask and ye shall receive, Larry. A hardcover version which has an extra 120+ pages is in production, it includes new photos, additional text and the first two chapters of the original screenplay. We needed a higher page count to justify the hard cover. The pamphlet version will still be available, but this deluxe edition will be for hard core fans of the '43 serial.

In reading through the script, it's interesting to see a few things; The car IS referred to as The Batmobile in the script and it's described as a phaeton which is fancy talk for an open car. We learn how the transformation was done for the bad guys car which went from black to gray in the first chapter and we see that a LOT of Bruce and Dick's dialogue was altered during the actual shooting, while Linda stayed pretty true to the script.

There are other differences as well, many camera shots that were too ambitious for a budget conscious serial but a fascinating read. The copy of the script we have is very rough and I'm having it cleaned up for legibility sake.

Look for it around Lew's Birthday this month.