The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Batman

The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

Post by Batman »

In continuation of the topic from the old BatBoard... What was the latest 66 related item you've acquired?

Mine was the 1/43 Hot Wheels Elite 1966 Batmobile... and I already broke the BatBeam on the hood!

I also just bought another 1/43 Corgi 1960's Batmobile.
To the Batpole!
Waterratt

Re: The Latest Batman Item You Acquired?

Post by Waterratt »

I picked this shirt up for my son for school.
Attachments
IMG_1628a.JPG
drucevain

Post by drucevain »

had the pictures a while now but finally got round to putting them in a frame
Attachments
photo1.JPG
i'll stand at the bar i shouldn't wish to attract attention !
brinke

Post by brinke »

ah let's see..they all came at once last week. the DVDs for Batman & Robin, Batman, and Batman Returns (which I sent back cause it smelled of smoke badly,) 2 Tumblers, the Clooney BM. Still waiting for Batman Forever.

I hadn't watched the Clooney movie since it came out. It's still terrible.
redbird

Post by redbird »

Bought the 1/6 scale Penquin from Inner Circle Toys, very good likeness to Burgess.
The umbrella is being redesigned with some fancy button on the holder.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

redbird wrote:Bought the 1/6 scale Penquin from Inner Circle Toys, very good likeness to Burgess.
The umbrella is being redesigned with some fancy button on the holder.
I've always wondered how they could make the items as I don't think they're a licensed company for WB or DC especially now that the 66 merch is coming in the Spring of 2013. Just curious.

John
Music. BAT! Music.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Batguitarist wrote:
I've always wondered how they could make the items as I don't think they're a licensed company for WB or DC especially now that the 66 merch is coming in the Spring of 2013. Just curious.

John
John,
They are unlicensed fan made items obviously. This will not be a place to debate or pontificate about licensed versus unlicensed items. No soapboxing please (even veiled). Thank you.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Just picked up issue # 57 of Batman (1950)
Batman

Post by Batman »

An old issue of ANNUAL NIGHTWING #2 with Batgirl and Robin on the cover.

I really dislike that characters' background keep changing, whenever DC decides to revise the history of the universe. In the 70s when Dick Grayson was college he was dating Barbara Gordon who was a Congresswoman, in this issue all that never happened.
To the Batpole!
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

I'm very happy that I just acquired a 1960 Polar Lights Batmobile model kit. I had a lot of trouble trying to find one for the last few years to complete my Polar Lights Bat model collection. I will be painting it in metallic blue and put Bat-logo decals on the doors and trunk to make it closer to the Super Friends / early 80s Batmobile which is my second favorite behind George Barris' classic version. Still debating whether to also paint the large black bat head with yellow eyes on the hood. Great Saturday morning memories of those series especially the last one with Adam West reprising his role as Batman. :)
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Batman

Post by Batman »

Yellow Oval wrote:I'm very happy that I just acquired a 1960 Polar Lights Batmobile model kit. I had a lot of trouble trying to find one for the last few years to complete my Polar Lights Bat model collection. I will be painting it in metallic blue and put Bat-logo decals on the doors and trunk to make it closer to the Super Friends / early 80s Batmobile which is my second favorite behind George Barris' classic version. Still debating whether to also paint the large black bat head with yellow eyes on the hood. Great Saturday morning memories of those series especially the last one with Adam West reprising his role as Batman. :)
Cool! Post a picture of it here when you finish the build!
To the Batpole!
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

Eknirb wrote:ah let's see..they all came at once last week. the DVDs for Batman & Robin, Batman, and Batman Returns (which I sent back cause it smelled of smoke badly,) 2 Tumblers, the Clooney BM. Still waiting for Batman Forever.

I hadn't watched the Clooney movie since it came out. It's still terrible.
Where'd you pick up the Clooney Batmobile? I've seen the Clooney BM, 80s BM, The Bat, and Bat-Pod Hot Wheels are now showing up on eBay. Have they hit stores yet?
NJ_Batfan

Post by NJ_Batfan »

Batman wrote:An old issue of ANNUAL NIGHTWING #2 with Batgirl and Robin on the cover.

I really dislike that characters' background keep changing, whenever DC decides to revise the history of the universe. In the 70s when Dick Grayson was college he was dating Barbara Gordon who was a Congresswoman, in this issue all that never happened.

I'm a big fan of that era, too, including the old Batman Family title. :P
One of the reasons that I stopped buying new comics was because I felt the publishers had contempt for the fans and the history of the characters by changing continuity at whim, but I still have those old issues and revisit them from time to time. At least I recognize those characters.
NJ_Batfan

Post by NJ_Batfan »

Batman wrote:
Yellow Oval wrote:I'm very happy that I just acquired a 1960 Polar Lights Batmobile model kit. I had a lot of trouble trying to find one for the last few years to complete my Polar Lights Bat model collection. I will be painting it in metallic blue and put Bat-logo decals on the doors and trunk to make it closer to the Super Friends / early 80s Batmobile which is my second favorite behind George Barris' classic version. Still debating whether to also paint the large black bat head with yellow eyes on the hood. Great Saturday morning memories of those series especially the last one with Adam West reprising his role as Batman. :)
Cool! Post a picture of it here when you finish the build!

I bought that kit and the diecast version of it when they first came out and had the same idea about the Super Friends Batmobile. It still waits in the box for when I have the time and the muse to complete it. Please post a pic when you're done!
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Okay then, I will post some pics of my version of the Super Friends/80s Batmobile when I complete it. I'm still waiting for it to arrive. For the moment I'm contenting myself (somewhat :cry: ) putting together the Polar Lights 1966 batcycle from the movie and show. For my money it's way too small in scale and I'm literally going cross-eyed trying to paint it.

I also no longer buy the current comics series as I don't like where Batman has been taken. I stopped regularly buying around 1999 or 2000. I find now he seems to be nothing more than Darth Vader with horns. That and I absolutely do not like that 'black bat-only' logo and black and grey costume. I prefer the Silver Age blue and grey with yellow oval which is all thanks to the 1966 TV series originally.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"