The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Larry A.

Re: The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

Post by Larry A. »

Lou Szabo wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:00 pm great cover. Is the utility blue blue or forgotten. Its Blue, just like the FTC belt
Lou, the belt is Yellow in the story, fwiw.
Larry
Wibble

Post by Wibble »

Batbloke.jpg
It's been a while since I've posted on here, but I managed to give my Chuck bust a lick of paint (tried adding eyelashes too, but got extremely bored of gluing fiddly individual hairs and abandoned that particular detail!)
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Wibble wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:18 pm Batbloke.jpg

It's been a while since I've posted on here, but I managed to give my Chuck bust a lick of paint (tried adding eyelashes too, but got extremely bored of gluing fiddly individual hairs and abandoned that particular detail!)
That turned out great! Fantastic display!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Wibble wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:18 pm Batbloke.jpg

It does look better with a Capelet!
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Going through some photos I came across a couple of items I may have missed that have come in recently;

AURORA BATMAN.jpg

From a dear friend here on the boards, this great first version Batman Aurora Kit-- painted and all-- they did a great job on it and it always makes me smile when I see it.

BATMODELS.jpg

Speaking of Models, the Aurora Batmobile was probably my most bought possession when I was but a wee-lad, I'd build it, love it to death and it would not survive so I'd get another one. I've been picking up MIB Playing Mantis versions when I come across them, my idea is to make it look like store stock in a corner in my studio. Not sure I'll ever put another one together.

And from another dear friend here on the ol' boards...

BATMAN BATEMAN.jpg

When I was a kid Bateman Furniture had this on display behind the checkout, and I loved it. The owner would let me hold it everytime we went in, and as a kid we had no car so it was our go to furniture store because it was walking distance, so we really got to know him. One of my favorite vintage Batman items-- I think this, along with the Ideal Batman helmet I have and the Captain Action Batman are my all time favorite Batman items, at least vintage wise.

JKSNYDER.jpg

Picked up this original painting by John K. Snyder featuring a great Silver Age version of Batman. Sorry for the bad photo, when it gets cold my wrist doesn't always like to work right since breaking it last year.

DC Direct was doing their BATMAN Black and White Statue line for many years, and one of the things it really captured was how hard it is to make something 2D work in 3D-- the Jim Aparo and Marshall Rogers statues didn't work IMO, but they nailed the Jiro Kuwata, Darwyn Cooke, Paul Pope and Klaus Janson ones (I have those), but my favorite of the run was the Mike Mignola.

MIGNOLA BATMAN.jpg

Long story on this one, so back when DC was doing these I was in a different life, different career, different wife. My then wife announces I'm not buying this and for some reason I listen. A few years go by and I realize my wife is not my mother and even my mother doesn't tell me what to do-- some therapy later and I'm out of there like Andy Dufresne in Shawshank Redemption with a long road back to financial security-- but the Mignola statue is now long out of print. Fast forward many years and the woman who would become my second wife and I are at a fellow artists apartment in Boston and on his refrigerator is the Mignola statue. I love it even more in person. A few years later and we're married and visiting Japan and she finds this version of it-- in color with the yellow circle around the bat which looks more Adam West and she surprises me with it. I knew I'd married the right person this time.

And finally, not a '66 item but my new print company sent me a proof of a piece of art I did as a silk screen years ago and I'm quite happy with them. They offered to send me a shower curtain version but I'm good.

BATMANspookSHOW-RED11x17preview.jpg
antman67

Post by antman67 »

i think I'm more excited for "The Batman" movie toys and the Little Caesars Pizza then the movie right now to be honest. I'm seeing many new toys from Jada online but haven't seen them in my Walmart or Target yet but was able to get Wingsuit talking Batman the the newest muscle car remote control Batmobile that does wheelies. This car is a lot fun for $39.99 and the figure was $19.99
(see attached)
Attachments
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
I'm a fan of Batman 1966 and other Batman movies too
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Therin of Andor wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:45 pm Plain round black, embroidered around the edge with black, with the yellow iron-on or embroidered "R". Maybe I should find someone with a computerized embroidery attachment on their sewing machine?
Finally, Mission: Accomplished!

Robin repairs by Ian McLean, on Flickr

In 2000, this Robin costume - made mostly by my mother in 1984 - suffered a stain and had to be laundered. Because its original "R" patch was made of black felt, the insignia was destroyed in the wash and needed to be replaced. The patch I had made back then was simply black felt and a white iron-on "R", bought from a long-gone store called "Call Us Names" in Sydney. (They sold "while you wait" iron-on designs for T-shirts and sweatshirts.) I colour-changed the "R" by diluting some yellow Hobbytex paint, then affixed the patch with iron-on hemming web. Using felt solved the fraying problem, but meant that it there was a problem if the vest ever needed to be washed.

Since I could no longer fit into the costume anyway, it was never a priority to try to restore it. Until I found embroidered "R" patches on eBay a few weeks ago! Now I just have to work on fitting into it again?

P.S. Also replaced the two yellow shoelaces down the front of the vest. The eyelets had caused dark marks after so many years, and the vibrant yellow had faded somewhat.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

VERY well done, Ian. Your Mom also did a fabulous job! Cheers!
Larry
Therin of Andor

Thanks!

Robin costume by Ian McLean, on Flickr
Therin of Andor

SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

Andy writes:
DC Direct was doing their BATMAN Black and White Statue line for many years, and one of the things it really captured was how hard it is to make something 2D work in 3D-- the Jim Aparo and Marshall Rogers statues didn't work IMO, but they nailed the Jiro Kuwata, Darwyn Cooke, Paul Pope and Klaus Janson ones (I have those), but my favorite of the run was the Mike Mignola.
The amazing thing about the Mignola statue is that it's the very one that should never have worked, thanks to his art style. Miraculously, somehow it manages to be 2D and 3D at the same time.

You would think the art of Neal Adams would translate to three dimensions effortlessly, but every time I see that one called "Neal Adams' Batman," all I can think is, "Okay...if you say so..."

antman67 writes:
i think I'm more excited for "The Batman" movie toys and the Little Caesars Pizza then the movie right now to be honest.
The car looks like fun. But does it look like a Batmobile? Eh...

Your screen name made me enjoy your image of Battinson with his foot up on the hood of the differently-scaled 'mobile. I can just hear him growling, "Yo! Scott Lang! A word, please...!"
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Noir Knight
Noir Knight
Etsy store purchase. Congrats on 11 years!
Picking the color was the hardest part. The Noir Knight!
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor

Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

I must admit, Ian, they are simply stunning! VERY WELL DONE, my Friend!!!!!!!!!

BTW, Ian, Good Luck with the weight loss.
Larry
Therin of Andor

Larry A. wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:01 pm I must admit, Ian, they are simply stunning! VERY WELL DONE, my Friend!!!!!!!!!
Thanks. Mr Freeze, Egghead and the Eartha Kitt Catwoman are my customs. The rest are Funko and MezcoToyz figures.
Therin of Andor

Jim Beard

Post by Jim Beard »

Man, I gotta say...those books look so good together.

Jim
My Fiction and Non-Fiction Books: www.amazon.com/Jim-Beard/e/B004UWVOPE