The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Therin of Andor

Re: The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

Post by Therin of Andor »

Larry A. wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:13 pm Hey Ian. How was Luna Park this year?
I just tagged you in my recent Facebook posts. Big revamp of Luna Park Sydney during Covid Lockdown and seven new rides, including a new Big Dipper, and more stuff in the gift shop.

Batman Luna Park by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Above: "Saving Luna Park" - artists Martin Sharp and Peter Kingston in 1981 [William Yang]. The Batman and Robin art was one of the many "photo op" boards at Luna Park Sydney.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

I'll have to look them up, my Friend.
Larry
JimmyVale

Post by JimmyVale »

Haha, I am very satisfied with this figure! I haven’t had one of these little guys in my hands since I was maybe 10 or 11. Figures Toy Company did a good job with this reproduction. I believe the body is actually better than the original Mego version.

He and I are rewatching Season 2 together.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

JimmyVale wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:14 pm Image

Haha, I am very satisfied with this figure! I haven’t had one of these little guys in my hands since I was maybe 10 or 11. Figures Toy Company did a good job with this reproduction. I believe the body is actually better than the original Mego version.

I agree, Jimmy Vale. It's a fun figure and they are cheap enough in the "loose in bags" that One can modify them without fear of ruining the carded ones. Check the sister site where One can get the proper looking "Bat Gloves" to get rid of the "Oven Mitts" that the figures come with. Check www.TVTOYS.COM for a LOT of neat after-market pieces. Hope this helps, Jimmy.

Cheers.
Larry
antman67

Post by antman67 »

Just got my NJ Croche Riddler today which will go nicely with the others. I don't Egghead and don't intend to get him. Now if they made other Batman villains like Mr. Freeze, King Tut, Bookworm etc. perhaps I get more.
Attachments
Img_9734.jpg
Img_9733.jpg
Img_9732.jpg
I'm a fan of Batman 1966 and other Batman movies too
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Larry A. wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:33 pm
JimmyVale wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:14 pm Image

I agree, Jimmy Vale. It's a fun figure and they are cheap enough in the "loose in bags" that One can modify them without fear of ruining the carded ones. Check the sister site where One can get the proper looking "Bat Gloves" to get rid of the "Oven Mitts" that the figures come with. Check www.TVTOYS.COM for a LOT of neat after-market pieces. Hope this helps, Jimmy.

Cheers.
Ha- I like the oven mitts even though they were the first thing to be lost.
Although I much preferred the removable cowl Batman this is the Mego figure I remember the most, I must have had 5-6 of just this one (as well as the near entire run of Mego's) over the years.
JimmyVale

Post by JimmyVale »

AndyFish wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:07 pm Ha- I like the oven mitts even though they were the first thing to be lost.
Although I much preferred the removable cowl Batman this is the Mego figure I remember the most, I must have had 5-6 of just this one (as well as the near entire run of Mego's) over the years.
Same here because that’s how I remember Mego Batman as a kid - oven mitts, pupils on his eyes, a kind of smile on his face. I read an interview with one of the Mego founders that they made Batman to be very kid friendly. I have no problem with that.

I have good memories of 1970s DC and Marvel comic books, the Aurora Batman model, the various Batman records/storybooks, and the Megos! I think that’s why I’m searching and buying back the stuff mom and dad got me as a kid.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

You inspired me to order one of these myself-- I have a 12" version of the figure which is kind of fun because it seems in scale with a larger me, but looking at your pics made me realize I have the removable cowl version but not this one. Thanks for the revisit down memory lane.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Batman Annual 1968 by Ian McLean, on Flickr

I received a small pile of media-related books from a deceased friend's estate this week - and among them was a World Publishing "Batman Story Book Annual" (1968). Typical of other UK annuals, it has an extensive selection of text-based, illustrated stories, quizzes, a crossword puzzle, jokes, riddles, factual info and more. I am amazed that this book drew so much inspiration from the TV series, including appearances by Egghead, Miss Bacon and The Minstrel (characters original to the series), references to King Tut, Archer and Bookworm, the George Barris Batmobile, plus a Batclimb and even the Shakespeare bust and the Batpoles. There are also some (I assume) original villains: Karel Christmas, City Gent, The Ace, Black Knight and Water Lily. Catwoman also scores a strange new mask, perhaps to avoid reader expectations of whether it is Julie Newmar or Eartha Kitt's Catwoman?

Here are some glimpses of my newest acquisition:

Batman Annual contents by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Batman Annual Batpoles by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Batman Annual Egghead by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Batman Annual endpapers by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I love those annuals-- I have a few myself. Today I'm only working a half day and then I'm making a pile of books to read during the coming Snow Cyclone that is set to wipe out the Northeast this weekend, good excuse to sit in front of a fire and read.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

AndyFish wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:11 am
Ben Bentley wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:05 am
JimmyVale wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:59 pm

Wait - that sounds really interesting. I haven’t been on the board in a while - where could one obtain this book??
Here you go: https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/andy-fi ... pageSize=4
Thanks Ben, I wasn't quite sure which book Larry was talking about-- I have well over 120 books in my Bibliography-- and a serial book from McFarland Press which is long out of print but has a big section on the Batman Serials. This book I can't take much credit for, except for the graphic design, it's merely a reprint of the actual press book as well as a vintage 60s article on the serials which ran in 1964. That's why it sells for just the cost of the book. I have thought about doing it as a hardcover edition mostly for myself, but paying work keeps getting in the way.

Regardless, I'm glad you're happy with it, Larry.
For those interested, I did the revamped Hardcover version for release on Lew's birthday as promised. It's now 120 pages with more photos and some articles and Chapter 1 of the original screenplay which was completely restored. I had to cut my intended Chapter 2 for budget constraints but I may do a deluxe color version later this year. A link to order it is under LEWIS WILSON in the Off Topic section.
Mike Mulitsch

Post by Mike Mulitsch »

Ordered
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Andy Fish, I'll be ordering my copy around the 1st of February.!
Larry
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

No rush guys, this is in print in perpetuity so no worries about it running out.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

OK, That's good to hear.
The price is great as well! Thanks!.
Larry