The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Lou Szabo

Re: The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

Post by Lou Szabo »

Here you go, for the Bat trailer hitch

PayPal to Snookiell@comcast.net
70 +10 shipping
Text details to 609 929-4154
On FB marketplace
John Brown in 1966 Batman ultimate trader barn. He’s the admin
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Lou Szabo wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:58 pm Here you go, for the Bat trailer hitch

PayPal to Snookiell@comcast.net
70 +10 shipping
Text details to 609 929-4154
On FB marketplace
John Brown in 1966 Batman ultimate trader barn. He’s the admin
Thanks Lou. I believe I got my wheel spinners from him some time ago.
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Picked up a Mego Pocket Hero Batmobile for my hero's to cruise Sonic drive in.
I made a repo sticker logo in case anyone needs one.

Btw, I'm looking for a repo windshield and I'm not having any luck.
Attachments
MEGO.JPG
Mego Pocket Hero Batmobile Logo.jpg
Mego Pocket Hero Batmobile Logo.jpg (59.25 KiB) Viewed 170332 times
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I needed a second bust for my cowls:

Etsy says he’s the last one?
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

"Catwoman: Lonely City" by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Today I picked up the hardcover omnibus of "Catwoman: Lonely City", a graphic novel by Cliff Chiang. I hadn't realised that the cover art featured the Julie Newmar TV Catwoman - but it also has an amazing flashback inside, explaining the origin of a rather significant TV artifact!

Internal art from "Catwoman: Lonely City", featuring the Julie Newmar TV Catwoman by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

That’s interesting. I guess the necklace was the latest “Batman” item SHE acquired.

From whom did she steal it? Museum? Jewelry store? Wealthy socialite with display cases? Does the piece have any history or special meaning besides just monetary value?
Therin of Andor

BiffPow wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:57 am From whom did she steal it? Museum? Jewelry store? Wealthy socialite with display cases? Does the piece have any history or special meaning besides just monetary value?
The flashback is deliberately vague. "30 years ago..." (in comic time). It seems to be in a museum with many jewellery and ceramic pieces in glass display cabinets. Batman compliments Catwoman on her "great eye". It is the most expensive piece on display, but she claims it just happens to go well with her outfit. Batman tells her that, with her ability to be "fast, precise and methodical", she could be "so much more that a jewel thief". Partners? Catwoman works alone!
Therin of Andor

BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Thanks. 👍 I wasn’t sure if there was more to the story than what you posted. Would’ve been interesting if it was part of Bruce Wayne’s collection, and Batman secretly got some “happiness” out of knowing he was able to “give” a necklace to Catwoman.
Therin of Andor

I came across a great Tutling Goon for my 8” FTC King Tut! It’s actually a damaged-card Mego Genie Joe Gatto from "Impractical Jokers".

A Tutling for King Tut by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Also arrived: "Billion Dollar Batman: A History of the Caped Crusader on Film, and Television from 10c Comic Book to Global Icon" (Henry Gras Publishing, 2011) by Bruce Scivally and retro articles in "Reminisce" magazine from 2016.

"Billion Dollar Batman" book and "Reminisce" magazine by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Batman article in "Reminisce" magazine by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Robin in "Reminisce" magazine by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Batgirl in "Reminisce" magazine by Ian McLean, on Flickr
Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor

Batgirl from Coles "Super Hero Builders" premiums by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Free with $30 worth of groceries from Coles supermarkets in Australia, Batgirl was in my first batch of cardboard DC Comics "Super Hero Builders". (Only her yellow boots and gloves make her the comic book and not TV series Batgirl, but still pretty cute.) These little cardboard toy kits were in response to criticism from the public that Coles should not be promoting tiny free plastic toys that would end up in landfill, so now the kits are all-cardboard and there are even online instructions for their eventual recycling, and thus avoiding landfill and single-use plastics.
Therin of Andor

BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Therin of Andor wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:24 am These little cardboard toy kits were in response to criticism from the public that Coles should not be promoting tiny free plastic toys that would end up in landfill, so now the kits are all-cardboard
🤦🏻‍♂️ Environmental extremism wins again.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Ooff!
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Therin of Andor wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:24 am Image
Batgirl from Coles "Super Hero Builders" premiums by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Free with $30 worth of groceries from Coles supermarkets in Australia, Batgirl was in my first batch of cardboard DC Comics "Super Hero Builders". (Only her yellow boots and gloves make her the comic book and not TV series Batgirl, but still pretty cute.) These little cardboard toy kits were in response to criticism from the public that Coles should not be promoting tiny free plastic toys that would end up in landfill, so now the kits are all-cardboard and there are even online instructions for their eventual recycling, and thus avoiding landfill and single-use plastics.
Three Cheers for Coles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good for them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Larry
Therin of Andor

BiffPow wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:37 am 🤦🏻‍♂️ Environmental extremism wins again.
Interesting to see the latest waves of Marvel action figures - and even the recent McFarlane "Batman '66" Wayne Manor library playset - without plastic windows. Buyers take potluck on the paint jobs of the contents! (I used to spend a lot of time comparing face applications and sticker placements on figures.)
Therin of Andor

SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

Interesting to see the latest waves of Marvel action figures - and even the recent McFarlane "Batman '66" Wayne Manor library playset - without plastic windows. Buyers take potluck on the paint jobs of the contents! (I used to spend a lot of time comparing face applications and sticker placements on figures.)
We already know most customers are adults at this point, so I wonder what percentage of sales even occur in retail outlets compared to online sales. No one ordering on the internet has any say in what kind of paint job they end up with, and if they're the majority of buyers, why give anyone else a choice, either?

The weirdest part about no plastic windows is that some collectors never open the packaging. Without a window, how do they know their "Spider-Man" box doesn't contain a Ninja Turtle?
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."