The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Jim Beard

Re: The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

Post by Jim Beard »

My late wife and her brother had this puzzle game when they were kids, but only had one piece left from it as adults. I found this one yesterday in an antique mall and rescued it. It has only one piece missing.

Wouldn't it be funny if the piece missing is the one piece she still had?
Bat-Game.jpg
Jim
My Fiction and Non-Fiction Books: www.amazon.com/Jim-Beard/e/B004UWVOPE
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Great find! It would be serendipity if the missing piece matched. I found one of these years ago at an Antique Store in the midwest on one of my travels, a favorite of mine.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Awesome find, indeed! Please let us know if the piece Your sister has, IS the missing piece, please????????
Larry
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

I need that puzzle.

Just found the HotWheels Batmobile toon.
Attachments
20220323_154350_compress58.jpg
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Jim Beard wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:04 am My late wife and her brother had this puzzle game when they were kids, but only had one piece left from it as adults. I found this one yesterday in an antique mall and rescued it. It has only one piece missing.

Wouldn't it be funny if the piece missing is the one piece she still had?

Bat-Game.jpg

Jim
Or a cruel puzzle, where all of them are missing the same piece!
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

My copy of OOFF! BOFF! SPLATT! arrived whilst I was out of town over the weekend! Such a kick to have played a small part in this, thanks again for having me Jim.

Really excited to read everyone else's essays. I'm probably going to skip Londinium... :lol:
9C20F93B-3FAB-4E8B-AC78-B2AA13F7B15D.JPG
svl

Post by svl »

Had to share these- I just got Joker, Tut & Archer from Rick's Raiders and they are amazing! Also received my Ben Cooper Batman from Brentz Dolls. Can't wait to get my Jazzinc Batmobile and start on the "cave" (you can see my Hot Toys Batman in his "hyperbaric chamber" waiting to be released to take on these dastardly villains)...
IMG_7870.JPG
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

svl wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:09 pm Had to share these- I just got Joker, Tut & Archer from Rick's Raiders and they are amazing! Also received my Ben Cooper Batman from Brentz Dolls. Can't wait to get my Jazzinc Batmobile and start on the "cave" (you can see my Hot Toys Batman in his "hyperbaric chamber" waiting to be released to take on these dastardly villains)...

IMG_7870.JPG
Those custom villains from Rick are wild! Is the Joker the one he had listed on eBay recently?
svl

Post by svl »

Yep. Bought him on the Bay, then chatted w Rick and ordered the other two.
Jim Beard

Post by Jim Beard »

Ben Bentley wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:03 pm My copy of OOFF! BOFF! SPLATT! arrived whilst I was out of town over the weekend! Such a kick to have played a small part in this, thanks again for having me Jim.

Really excited to read everyone else's essays. I'm probably going to skip Londinium... :lol:

9C20F93B-3FAB-4E8B-AC78-B2AA13F7B15D.JPG
No! You have to read the book IN ORDER! And that's an order! :D

Jim
My Fiction and Non-Fiction Books: www.amazon.com/Jim-Beard/e/B004UWVOPE
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

The Target Gods were kind to me this morning...
IMG_0475.jpg
4734FBA5-D5C1-437C-9525-8597C9EDDFE4-4B45B519-8EEB-4902-90EB-95DCCC0A0A5D.jpg
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Larry
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Expensive week, I picked up two long wanted Batman items, both non-1966 but from my favorite era of Batman (if I should be posting these in the off topic thread please let me know);

FIRST BATMOBILE.jpg

Mattel released these in 2021 as a SDCC Exclusive and for the first time in twenty years either I wasn't there nor were my operatives, they had them online for $20 each and they sold out in about an hour but I set my phone alert for the wrong AM/PM like a dope and missed out. So I've been tracking them down ever since but they go for crazy money. Well finally got one, now just need one more. They're based on the original Batmobile Batman drove from 1939-1941 and like the serial from 1943 it was just a regular roadster. If we want to be overly picky, Robin never rode in this one that we know of, but since the official Batmobile with the bat-head comes in at 1941 and Robin at 1940 we can assume he did off panel.

BATMAN 19 CVR 1.jpg
BATMAN 19 2.jpg

Next up, a BATMAN #19 in nice condition, probably a F+ this book is significant because it's the first truly published work of my favorite Batman artist of all time, Dick Sprang. He did the covers and worked on the entire 64 page interior (second image shows some of the dynamic work he did). I always loved Sprang because he brought a sort of Dick Tracy feel to The Batman strip.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Nice grab Andy. Now you need the blue RLC Batmobile
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Lou Szabo wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:34 pm Nice grab Andy. Now you need the blue RLC Batmobile
I'm close to getting one, they aren't in the outrageous price zone of the First Appearance Batmobiles so it shouldn't be hard. I don't post an item in this thread until I have it in hand now.