The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
John Mack

Re: The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

Post by John Mack »

AndyFish wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:08 pm Neat little car-- Lakeside has the best price and free shipping with code SHIPSFREE
So I got it for $10. It'll be one of the few Batmobiles I have with Red Stripes.

And that model kit is very cool, I got the Mrs to put mine together-- she likes doing models-- I would smash it into 5000 pieces out of frustration if I tried, and it's pretty nice when it's done.
I sanded Batman's ears down a bit, and bought different color paints for the figures..these came out before the kits with the Adam and Burt figures, so they were too "cartoony" looking for me. I'll snap some photos as time allows.

Also did you notice Eric Seltzer's name in the instructions? Larger than Barris's. Eric told me Barris refused to help at all, so he came to the rescue. Also, to be accurate for the pilot vehicle, doesn't the pin striping (sp?) need to be white?
Music. BAT! Music.
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

AndyFish wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:08 pm Neat little car-- Lakeside has the best price and free shipping with code SHIPSFREE
So I got it for $10. It'll be one of the few Batmobiles I have with Red Stripes.

And that model kit is very cool, I got the Mrs to put mine together-- she likes doing models-- I would smash it into 5000 pieces out of frustration if I tried, and it's pretty nice when it's done.
Just tried the SHIPSFREE code and I get this message “Coupon has already expired”. :( Looked at Retailmenot.com and couldn’t find any free shipping codes there.

Can you have Mrs. Fish come over and build my Batmobile? ;)
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Blue Meanie wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:34 am

Just tried the SHIPSFREE code and I get this message “Coupon has already expired”. :( Looked at Retailmenot.com and couldn’t find any free shipping codes there.

Can you have Mrs. Fish come over and build my Batmobile? ;)
She probably would-- although I've got a few more for her to take care of.
Sorry the code didn't work-- I didn't notice an expiration date on it.

If I remember correctly, John, I saw the pilot car at a show years ago and the stripes were orange, but this was long after it was repainted.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Thanks Andy.
Music. BAT! Music.
gothosmansion

Post by gothosmansion »

Batman : The Golden Age Omnibus Volume 5

This is the first of the omnibuses that I've bought, since I collected all the Archives. I have the Detective and World's Finest stories in it reprinted already, but the Batman issues are from after the Archives stopped.
s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg (26.72 KiB) Viewed 7298 times
Batman Batusi Bust by Diamond Select
batusi bust.jpg
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

That's the era I'd look at too.

With that bust, I find it funny that the box illustrations don't match the item lol. Prototype on box perhaps?
Music. BAT! Music.
gothosmansion

Post by gothosmansion »

John Mack wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:43 am That's the era I'd look at too.

With that bust, I find it funny that the box illustrations don't match the item lol. Prototype on box perhaps?
That's not a photo of my actual bust. I'm a terrible photographer.

The bust, to me, looked better than the prototype photos that I saw. I thought the likeness was better than the Batgirl one, but those are the only two from the series that I own. I didn't like the likenesses on some of the promo photos that I saw. Does anyone else have them and do the likenesses look better than the photos?
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I had the Batusi statue but was turned off by the really poor paint job mine had. If I had the time I would have given it a repaint but it wouldn't help that the hands didn't fall into the right place either-- in the box photo his fingers are over his eyes but the one I had they were way off the head.

If you got a good one you should be very happy. It's a great concept.
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

AndyFish wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:02 am I had the Batusi statue but was turned off by the really poor paint job mine had. If I had the time I would have given it a repaint but it wouldn't help that the hands didn't fall into the right place either-- in the box photo his fingers are over his eyes but the one I had they were way off the head.

If you got a good one you should be very happy. It's a great concept.
I agree with andy, I had seen many pictures online of this bust with a bad paint job, a shame, as this was such a good idea to make into a variant batman bust!
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

This arrived from Ashley Wood's 3A's studio-- not to everyone's liking I'm sure, but I absolutely love it. The posing is incredible. It's part of a series that imagines the Batman characters as robots known as the Steel line.
They are only making 300 world-wide in this blue/gray scheme.

The Joker was just previewed and I dig that one too.
Attachments
STEEL 3.jpg
STEEL 2.jpg
STEEL 1.jpg
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Andy,
No, not my thing, but whocares! It's cool looking, really posable, and YOU like it. I can see the appeal though. I like the yellow utility belt :D
Enjoy!
Music. BAT! Music.
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

Foolin' around. 😁
Attachments
FB_IMG_1531279374304.jpg
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Chandell and Sheldon by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Just took delivery of a discounted Bobblehead “Sheldon in Batman '66 logo T-shirt”. Here he is meeting my custom Chandell.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

Mornin' cup of Joe.
Attachments
37030217_2114362508842117_2548157384652488704_n.jpg
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
danbar

Post by danbar »

Just ordered these! I guess this particular style of Underoos has been available previously, but this is the 1st I have seen with Adam West's photo and the "Classic TV Batman" logo on the packaging. What fun!
Batman underoos.jpg
Batman underoos.jpg (31.07 KiB) Viewed 6890 times