The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
TysonL

Re: The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

Post by TysonL »

Found this at a newer toy store about an hour from me in Plano,IL. Batcave Treasures &Toys. Awesome owners who love Batman as much as us !
Attachments
20210801_134756.jpg
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Sweet. Can also double as Dark Knight Returns.....LOL
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

I was a little late hearing about the current "Filmfax" magazine (Issue #159), with the cover pic of Yvonne Craig as Batgirl, and an article comparing the TV character with her comic book counterpart.

Filmfax #159, alternate cover by Ian McLean, on Flickr

The one I scored this week is actually an alternate cover. The regular one (below) is a colour shot Batgirl on her Batgirlcycle.

Filmfax #159 by Ian McLean, on Flickr

How I missed out on preordering it, at first glance I thought I was seeing a much older magazine, which I know I do have (in storage): "Filmfax" issue #51 from 1995, with Batgirl from the unaired presentation short, and her first incarnations of her mask and Batgirlcycle, featured on the b/w cover.

Filmfax #51 by Ian McLean, on Flickr

I also have "Filmfax" #16 (from 1989), which has some great "Batman '66" content: interviews wth TV Batman Adam West, Batgirl Yvonne Craig and "Batman '66" writer, Stanley Ralph Ross. Cover pic features Lewis Wilson (Batman) and Douglas Croft (Robin) in the 15-chapter serial of 1943 by Columbia Pictures.

Filmfax #16 by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

On the last one that’s Lewis Wilson an Doug Croft rom 1943’s THE BATMAN.
Therin of Andor

AndyFish wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:16 am On the last one that’s Lewis Wilson an Doug Croft rom 1943’s THE BATMAN.
Ha! I was worried about that - and did several image searches to double check. Lots of sources perpetuate the error. (My issue is in storage.) Thanks!
Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor

The McFarlane Batcave playset goes so well with the 6" Mattel "Batman '66" figures, NJ Croce bendable Egghead - and Mattel/DC Comics' Multiverse Alfred. (The John Astin Riddler is my custom figure, from Mattel's Frank Gorshin Riddler). Now I have to get the other Mattels out of storage!

McFarlane Batcave by Ian McLean, on Flickr

It also goes fairly well with the 4" Funko "Batman '66" figures, my 4" customs and the Funko Batmobile.

McFarlane Batcave with Funko figures by Ian McLean, on Flickr
Therin of Andor

Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

Therin of Andor wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:19 pm
AndyFish wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:16 am On the last one that’s Lewis Wilson an Doug Croft rom 1943’s THE BATMAN.
Ha! I was worried about that - and did several image searches to double check. Lots of sources perpetuate the error. (My issue is in storage.) Thanks!
[/quote
Always look at the belt buckle. Wilson's is square and Lowery's is round.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210818-165210_Chrome.jpg
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:29 pm I went hunting for an extra 6” #Mattel Robin figure on eBay (my other one is the wall-walking Robin with wires in his cape) - and found a great bargain that happened to come in a pair with a loose Riddler. Since I already had a Frank Gorshin Riddler on my shelves, I decided to transform the spare one into... a customized John Astin!
Custom Mattel Riddler by Ian McLean, on Flickr
Re my Mattel "Surf's Up, Joker's Under" action figure: I decided to replace the 70s' comic book Joker face on the surfboard with a TV-accurate one.

Surfing Joker by Ian McLean, on Flickr
Therin of Andor

BWGotham

Post by BWGotham »

The same chess pieces Bruce and Dick use to play 4D chess and regular chess in several episodes. They are Renaissance Chessmen by E.S. Lowe.
Attachments
Chess pieces
Chess pieces
batmangreenhornet

Post by batmangreenhornet »

Bought the Tiny TV Batman 66 TV show. I love that it has clips of the original episodes. Very cool item.
Attachments
20210829_154035.jpg
20210829_154047.jpg
20210829_154020.jpg
Jeff Cope

Post by Jeff Cope »

batmangreenhornet wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:48 pm Bought the Tiny TV Batman 66 TV show. I love that it has clips of the original episodes. Very cool item.
In store? If so, where was it in store? The Collector area in Electronics?
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

BWGotham wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:50 pm The same chess pieces Bruce and Dick use to play 4D chess and regular chess in several episodes. They are Renaissance Chessmen by E.S. Lowe.
I love this! I presume you have identified the 4D chess board they are using also?
BWGotham

Post by BWGotham »

Ben Bentley wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:10 am
BWGotham wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:50 pm The same chess pieces Bruce and Dick use to play 4D chess and regular chess in several episodes. They are Renaissance Chessmen by E.S. Lowe.
I love this! I presume you have identified the 4D chess board they are using also?
I have had no luck so far with the chess board. The closest I have found are the 3D chess boards similar to the ones seen in another classic 1960s series 😉
Golddragon71

Post by Golddragon71 »

So yesterday, I happened on the McFarlane Batman Classic TV Series Robin figure at Target (Rt. 9, Manalapan, NJ)
I used the customer scanner in the Aisle and it said

Out of Stock
In Back: No

So I bought it…

Compared to the Mattel version the figure is a big sturdier and has a few advantages in the articulation.

However the McFarlane version has a much shorter cape with a scalloped end rather than the straight end that Robin’s cape had. (Specifically, Burt Ward’s Robin Cape)

Additionally, Robin’s face appears much younger. Burt Ward was 19-21 during the series run. The McFarlane 66 Robin looks about 13-14 tops

The second point isn’t really a deal-breaker for me. The first point about the cape is a much bigger disappointment.
In closing, I’ll pick up Batman 66 if I happen on him but I’m not going to beat the bushes hunting for him.
"Someone might be able to substitute for Batman, for a very short time, but no one could ever replace him!"
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Can the capes be switched?