The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Ben Bentley

Re: The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

Post by Ben Bentley »

Jimmy L. 66 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:27 pm Recieved the "Holy Bomb Batman"
Bigger than I was expecting.
I will let you fine Citizens decide how accurate it is to the concept art.
Impressive piece, but I am not really digging the face paints.
The match flame and wick light up so I will take some more pics when I get some batteries in there.
Looking forward to seeing the light-up pictures Jimbo, i've been intruiged about this one since I saw the concept art.
NJ_Batfan

Post by NJ_Batfan »

Jimmy, thank you for posting the pictures. Like Ben, I have been anxious to see the finished product. While an ambitious piece, I have to admit that the faces fall short. I don't insist on the likenesses matching the actors, but the paint apps are uneven. Also, something about the position of Batman's right shoulder seems amiss. I guess that I have been spoiled by Tweeterhead, and even though I only have Batgirl and Catwoman from that company, they definitely set a standard for 66 depictions. Unfortunately, there is always something lost from the Photoshopped prototypes to the manufactured items in this line that disappoints enough to keep me from purchasing them. Maybe seeing a full shot with the lit firecracker will change my mind. Again, I appreciate your taking the time to share the pictures
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

No problem Chums! I am always happy to share, as well as get opinions and observations.
Here are a couple more from when I opened it yesterday.
Robin might be my least favorite.
It is on the end of my picnic table, if that offers any scale. I am a little "under the hair dryer" to research the dimensions, but it's a large piece.
Attachments
20210110_135559.jpg
20210110_135559.jpg (219.07 KiB) Viewed 25422 times
20210110_135723.jpg
20210110_135723.jpg (213.94 KiB) Viewed 25422 times
20210109_135628_copy_1008x2073.jpg
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I like it. Arguably one of their nicer pieces... we would have killed for a piece like this in 2006.

https://www.hamiltoncollection.com/prod ... pture.html
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Lou Szabo wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:03 pm I like it. Arguably one of their nicer pieces... we would have killed for a piece like this in 2006.
Or 1967.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
To The Batpoles!

Post by To The Batpoles! »

Just got these AWESOME Batman & Robin Socks!

=Frank=
Attachments
BatSocks.jpg
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Oh my, those are fantastic
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

My son-in-law’s Birthday present to me finally arrived.
3FD71F69-D3EF-49B3-BBB6-0FE995C812B1.jpeg
His is on the left. :D

I need to add Chuck’s Batman emblem.
TysonL

Post by TysonL »

A friend of mine who lives out in Las Vegas and works at a bank had a guy come in who had a few of these and he sent me one. The guy was an older gentleman who said that back in the day he worked on set with everyone, he didn't get his name though but he said that when these cards didn't go live he was able to score a couple boxes of them and so he hands them out to random people that he strikes up conversations with.
Attachments
PicsArt_02-09-09.08.18.jpg
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

Anyone know which hotel used this room key and when?
Attachments
147407506_4471872962839361_2515651191356499573_o.jpg
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
TysonL

Post by TysonL »

Keith Mayo wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:08 pm Anyone know which hotel used this room key and when?
I know they used those at SDCC, probably 2014 to advertise for the Bluray release. I am not sure that exact one but most of the hotels near the convention center used them that year. I have one at home, I will see what design it is later.
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Keith Mayo wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:08 pm Anyone know which hotel used this room key and when?
That is an incredibly cool room key.
TysonL wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:13 am A friend of mine who lives out in Las Vegas and works at a bank had a guy come in who had a few of these and he sent me one. The guy was an older gentleman who said that back in the day he worked on set with everyone, he didn't get his name though but he said that when these cards didn't go live he was able to score a couple boxes of them and so he hands them out to random people that he strikes up conversations with.
Tyson, did he say what set?
TysonL

Post by TysonL »

Jimmy L. 66 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:02 pm
That is an incredibly cool room key.

Keith, mine is the same design and says Hilton Hotels on the back.
TysonL wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:13 am A friend of mine who lives out in Las Vegas and works at a bank had a guy come in who had a few of these and he sent me one. The guy was an older gentleman who said that back in the day he worked on set with everyone, he didn't get his name though but he said that when these cards didn't go live he was able to score a couple boxes of them and so he hands them out to random people that he strikes up conversations with.
Tyson, did he say what set?
Jimmy, just that he was there for the filming of the TV show with Adam, Burt and the rest of the gang.
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

To The Batpoles! wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:39 pm Just got these AWESOME Batman & Robin Socks!

=Frank=
Where do you get these?
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

These were amongst the various show/movie promotional variant room keys that were used in the official partner hotels for San Diego Comic Con 2014 including, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Hard Rock and more.