The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Ben Bentley

Re: The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

Post by Ben Bentley »

To The Batpoles! wrote:Here's another shot of it standing on top of my case with the Batman & Robin Tweeterhead Statues below it.

=Frank=
Wowsers, that's a great size! It's good to see a statue that size in the context of the Tweeterhead statues as it gives a sense of scale that we can expect from the new Batman and Catwoman that Hot-Toys are doing at that size.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

To The Batpoles! wrote:I just purchased one of the Modern Batman Premium Format Statues by Sideshow Collectibles! It's 25" tall and is absolutely AWESOME!!! I placed a deck of playing cards next to it to show the scale.

=Frank=
Looks great, Frank. I wonder how that new 66 premium figure will look next to that figure
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
To The Batpoles!

Post by To The Batpoles! »

The jury is still out on the 66 Premium figure. I just am not too crazy about the pose they selected. :(
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

To The Batpoles! wrote:Here's another shot of it standing on top of my case with the Batman & Robin Tweeterhead Statues below it.

=Frank=
That is freaking cool!!!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I'm with Frank-- I think the quality of the '66 figure is exceptional, and I like that they went with something different but if they did this figure in the iconic Batman holding his cape outstretched like in the '66 Feature Poster or the cover of the Batman Three Villains of Doom book I'd be mailing them a check right now.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Like this one!
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

That's the one Lou
To The Batpoles!

Post by To The Batpoles! »

AndyFish wrote:I'm with Frank-- I think the quality of the '66 figure is exceptional, and I like that they went with something different but if they did this figure in the iconic Batman holding his cape outstretched like in the '66 Feature Poster or the cover of the Batman Three Villains of Doom book I'd be mailing them a check right now.
I could not agree more, Andy!

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!
gothosmansion

Post by gothosmansion »

This is a recent purchase of mine and is now my oldest Batman....Batman 39 from February/March 1947.
Cover art by Jack Burnley and Charles Paris. This is only the second comic from the 1940s that I have. I used the photo from the listing where I bought the comic instead of scanning it again. The picture is a bit dark and the color is a lot better on the actual book, although this is my actual copy. Stories were "The Frightened People" which dealt with a crook with a phobia of cats using other people's phobias against them. Since Scarecrow only made a couple of Golden Age appearances, I wonder why he wasn't used here. The second story was "Man in the Iron Mask." A crook who informs on his old gang is fitted with an Iron Mask. The writer (I'm guessing Bill Finger. He was credited on all the websites that I looked at.) does reference the Alexandre Dumas novel that inspired the story. The final story was the Catwoman Christmas story where her hair was mis-colored blonde and Batman and Robin don white costumes for camouflage. I was a bit disappointed when Batman refused Catwoman's kiss when she pointed out they were under the mistletoe, especially since this was only a couple of issues after Batman allowed Morgan LeFay to escape just because he found her attractive...and he had let Catwoman escape in the past.
Attachments
194702batman039.jpg
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Terrific Find!!!!!! Terrific Catwoman Story!!!!!!!!! Surprising that it survived any Korean War paper drives. I know they had them because my late uncle gave us some early Batmancomics He saved from pulping when He worked at the Alton Boxboard Company, now part of Georgia Pacific.
Larry
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

I know this looks like my batsuit, but it now sports a brands new Will (no offense Chuck) cowl, in a very cool limited edition purple. As much as I would love a Chuck cowl, this was more affordable for me. It is just beautiful, and the purple is sooooo cool, and Will, as with the others here on this board was sooooo great to work with.
Attachments
batsuit update -new cowl 033-resize.jpg
batsuit update -new cowl 033-resize.jpg (101.24 KiB) Viewed 4486 times
batsuit update -new cowl 002-resize.jpg
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Very nice indeed, my Friend. Would You please E-Mail me where and how much it cost?
Thanks in advance,
Larry
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Well I haven't technically acquired it, but it's in the works thanks to the masterful folks at Williams Studio 2! Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you...The (First) Batman (or at least his cowl)!
n7rhnu-b88119930z.120140625225029000g0k38j30.10.jpg
n7rhnu-b88119930z.120140625225029000g0k38j30.10.jpg (19 KiB) Viewed 4411 times
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

I am sure it will be nothing short of spectacular when its done!
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

We all know the Williams' and their work. It WILL be BETTER than the originals and that's the TRUTH!!!!!!!
Larry