The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Batman

Re: The Latest Batman Item You Acquired?

Post by Batman »

I love the old BATMAN FAMILY comic book title from the 70s, Thats the era when I started collecting comic books. My favorite Batman comic book artist was Neal Adams. He drew a then modern Batman with a Batsuit based on the 60s Batman TV show . Unfortunately, my dad threw away my entire comic book collection while I was away one summer visiting my grandma in California.

I don't really collect comic books anymore, but I do pick up some every once in a while. I liked the fairly recent storyline of the BATTLE FOR THE COWL. I like that Dick Grayson took the "Mantle of the Bat" again and that he remained Batman of Gotham City when Bruce Wayne came back. Bruce Wayne put on a slightly different Batsuit than what DickGrayson was wearing and went around the world to recruit hero's for a world-wide Bat network (Batman Incorporated) and then all that was shot to smithereens when DC revised "the story of the world" again with their "The New 52" series! Ugh.
To the Batpole!
svl

Post by svl »

Just ordered a 2012 Halloween Batmobile on the 'Bay. Decent price, keeps me from wasting gas. :)

Also just finished painting my Catwoman Gun. Bought the model at Wiz World last month.

On the related but non-Bat front, finishing up my Hornet Gas Gun as well. Planning on having Van sign it tomorrow, along with a couple other goodies.... :) :) :)
BatBrain

Post by BatBrain »

Although not from the 60s show, I recently received as a gift, the 1943 Batman movie serial collection on DVD. When I was really small, I also got the 1949 serial on VHS, which is awesome by the way!

Also, I'm new here. Recently got back into Batman after seeing The Dark Knight Rises in July, and I've been waiting a couple weeks to be able to register on these forums. So, here I am!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Welcome BatBrain--- the '49 serial is a blast and the '43 is my favorite version of Batman put to film. I remember the old VHS tapes too-- the DVDs are much improved quality wise.
Glad you decided to post.
Lewis Tully

Post by Lewis Tully »

Grabbed these two shirts and a Bat-A-Rang at Dragon*Con this year. (Quite wrinkly. Sorry. Alfred got mad at me and bounced bc I wouldn't stop being Batman. Laundry has been piling up...)

Autographed Adam West and Burt Ward 16 x 20 photo.

Neal Adams Autographed Print:
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Finally digging to the bottom of the box of those Ben Novack costumes we bought months ago-- found this-- listed as a Lewis Wilson Batman Cowl-- its actually pretty nice. Was planning on putting it on eBay but I think I'll keep it unless we get what we're asking for it in the store.
Attachments
LEWISWILSONBATcowlSM.jpg
BatBrain

Post by BatBrain »

AndyFish wrote:Welcome BatBrain--- the '49 serial is a blast and the '43 is my favorite version of Batman put to film. I remember the old VHS tapes too-- the DVDs are much improved quality wise.
Glad you decided to post.
Thank you AndyFish! I certainly loved watching the 1949 ones, and I've only watched the first two chapters of 1943 so far (gotta get on that haha), and it seems great. I also should've added, I purchased a few weeks ago three T-shirts. One a white with light blue bat from The Dark Knight Rises, and a red one with the Batman logo with Batman and Robin running (styled after Batman '66), and another red one that reads "enter the rogues gallery of villians if you dare!", which is also styled after '66 Batman. Great buys! :)
Heath (The BMG)

Post by Heath (The BMG) »

I just got the Batman retro action figure, it's pretty nice, I have some old megos as well. In the next few days the Two Face should be arriving. And I picked up a 9 inch Batman Beyond figure for my grandson
Batman

Post by Batman »

Just got some Corgi Batmobiles to replace the one's I had foolishly sold off a few years ago. The 30s roadster and 50s Batmobile. Also, the Bronze Age box with the 70s and 80s Batmobiles with Batman and Robin figures in both cars. I wonder if the Batman and Robin figures will fit into the 1/43 Hot Wheels Elite Batmobile. Can't wait for them to arrive.
To the Batpole!
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Actually, in this case, it's BATMAN ITEMS I acquired at last week's Montreal ComicCon. I always go nuts at the ComicCons! I picked up a DC Joker statue (holding money bags climbing thru a window frame), 3 t-shirts, Hasbro Joker/Batman action figure set, a Hasbro Batman action figure, Joker and Batman collector glasses, a Hot Wheels 1:43 1940 Batmobile, and a bronze age bobblehead Batman statue.

Up next, I'm starting to find the Lego Batman sets kinda cool. I didn't realize how popular they were (and are possibly being made for) with the adult super-hero collector market.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Batman

Post by Batman »

Yellow Oval wrote:Actually, in this case, it's BATMAN ITEMS I acquired at last week's Montreal ComicCon. I always go nuts at the ComicCons! I picked up... a Hot Wheels 1:43 1940 Batmobile
Did Hot Wheels make a 1:43 1940s Batmobile for ComicCon or did you mean the 1:50 thats currently available in the blister packs?
To the Batpole!
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Sorry Batman,
My mistake. It is a 1:50 scale blister pack. Almost looks big enough for a 1:43 but it is slightly still too small.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Batman

Post by Batman »

Oh man, I was hoping a 1940s 1:43 Hot Wheels was available! Enjoy your Batloot!
To the Batpole!
batmobilecollector

Post by batmobilecollector »

got the Batman Live batmobile today
Jeremy

Post by Jeremy »

I went gorcery shopping at Kroger today and saw some Hallmark Christmas ornaments. Right away Batman caught my eye so I had to pick it up.