The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
maniac cop 5

Re: The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

Post by maniac cop 5 »

rsaffle wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:15 am I feel kinda bad about my newest Bat purchase. Hot Wheels Tv series batmobile limited edition red line club series that I picked up at a convention yesterday. It was sitting on a table with no price so I asked the lady watching the booth how much and she said her husband was taking a break and she needed to call him. She did that and simply described it as a Hotwheel's Batmobile. I got it for $8!

I knew better but in the moment I just paid my money, took my car and left.

It makes me feel bad now. :?/

That dealer is probably sitting in jail awaiting bond on spousal abuse as i type this.
Ive had one of those for years and paid WAY more than that for it.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Hopefully, You were in costume,hmmmm??????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Larry
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Well the other 6" figure arrived, so I mounted the heads, painted the gloves and now we have both versions for the Batmobile
IMG_0955 (1).jpg
The color is off a bit, but I can't get the lid off the original mixture, and the new one is different. Same color, different years and batches.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Thumbs up!
Larry
TysonL

Post by TysonL »

Got this in the mail today. Fun cover !
Attachments
20220805_221426.jpg
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

That's a great cover Tyson!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Mrs Fish got up this morning and said "Let's go get breakfast and walk around some antiques!" She's a big fan of the 1960s space program and was looking for related items. Well she mostly struck out but I scored these;

azrakbatmobile.jpg

I probably had more of these than even the Corgi Batmobile when I was a kid. This is my first time getting one as an adult. I love the charm of Batman and Robin sitting so high in the cockpit. I remember the card art these came on- had some great graphics-- I'm going to see if I can find a repro one.

Mego bendy.jpg

Plus a pair of Mego Bendy's! As a kid I had Batman, Planet of the Apes and I think Spider-Man in bendy form. I never had a Robin because of my Robin bias-- even today I bought the Batman one, left the shop and drove down the street to get an iced coffee when Mrs Fish said "You didn't get Robin too??" So I went back. I made the guy drop the price because I just couldn't pay the same thing for Robin as I did Batman. He also had a Superman and a Tarzan, which I'll probably take those too if he has them next week or the week after.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

WEST CARD.jpg
And as I was checking out he had a stack of trading cards with this one on top-- I thought I'd finally uncovered a decent lot of these photo cards-- but alas it was this card and a Penguin and the rest were Mod Squad, Partridge Family and The Munsters. He threw these in with my order.
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Now that's a score Andy! I can't get enough of these 70s toys. The charm of the solid colored plastic figures can't be beat.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

I just pulled the trigger on a Topstone "False Face" mask. I have been looking for one for some time now. It still has the paper tag and string. False face was one of my favorite villains.

I'll probably put it on and see if I can blend into a crowd. 8-)
Attachments
20220830_192059.jpg
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

TysonL wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:21 pm Got this in the mail today. Fun cover !
I hunted this one down. Thanks for the heads-up. I decided I needed it to be with my '66 comics. Looks great! Looking forward to its arrival.

I also received the "Superman '78" and "Batman '89" hardcover collections of the recent comic mini-series:

Hardcover DC Comics by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Surprise cover art under the dustjackets of "Superman '78" and "Batman '89":

Under the dustjackets by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

My latest purchase:

Villains' Lair by Ian McLean, on Flickr

I was criticised online last week because I didn't tilt the photo! The McFarlane "Villains' Lair" playset for his "Batman '66" figures arrived at Australian "Zing! Pop Culture" and "EB Games" stores last week!
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Fantastic Ian! That lair looks great with your villains!
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

I'm still a sucker for anything that has the TV series logo on the packaging, so naturally I had no choice but to buy the Ben Cooper repro mask.
IMG_1883.jpg
I was more than a little disappointed to find out that despite using the "Classic TV Series" license, they went with a modern generic Bat-Logo on the vest... (Here's a horrifying image to confirm! Holy-Halloween, indeed! :lol: )
IMG_1887.jpg
But in fairness, as far as my intentions with this mask, mission accomplished, as it looks great at home with my wall of stuff.
IMG_1888.jpg
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

I'm on the fence with this costume. If I see it in stores then I would probably buy it but it's a space eater that would stay in the box. I too wish it had a more 60s look.