The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Lou Szabo

Re: The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

Post by Lou Szabo »

Well I've been playing around again.

As many of you know, I have the metal hybrid Batmobile with their figures and the Mego 8" guys don't fit.

I recently saw a 6" Robin, and I wondered if I can add a 6" Batman to the mix, so after about $100+ I have something that will work.
I used a standard Batman head from FTC, although I might have been able to score an Adam West Based (actually bought an extra figure to pirate parts from), but they don't make shoes/gloves in that color for 6" Batman. So I bought the 6" Gloves and Boots.
I scorded the Batman costume with bi-color cape from the cartoon, and adaped the head to an S type body. The S type allows you to unscrew the chest cavity, insert the head and re-assemble. However I will need to enlarge the hole, or reduce the neck on the head. I just forcefit it as a test, and will probably buy another body. They do offer a 6" head, but the Cowls are much too big.

Probably a better fit for the Mego Batmobile too. No do get either Black or Blue.
Anyway, here are some pictures.
FTC 6 INCH
FTC 6 INCH
Inserted in Batmobile (metal Hybrid)
SIDE VIEW IN BATMOBILE
SIDE VIEW IN BATMOBILE
Top view of the figures in the Batmobile
TOP VIEW IN BATMOBILE
TOP VIEW IN BATMOBILE
Comparison of the two with figures... not too bad.
COMPARISON WITH HETAL HYBRID
COMPARISON WITH HETAL HYBRID
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Lou Szabo wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:00 am Well I've been playing around again.

As many of you know, I have the metal hybrid Batmobile with their figures and the Mego 8" guys don't fit.

I recently saw a 6" Robin, and I wondered if I can add a 6" Batman to the mix, so after about $100+ I have something that will work.
I used a standard Batman head from FTC, although I might have been able to score an Adam West Based (actually bought an extra figure to pirate parts from), but they don't make shoes/gloves in that color for 6" Batman. So I bought the 6" Gloves and Boots.
I scorded the Batman costume with bi-color cape from the cartoon, and adaped the head to an S type body. The S type allows you to unscrew the chest cavity, insert the head and re-assemble. However I will need to enlarge the hole, or reduce the neck on the head. I just forcefit it as a test, and will probably buy another body. They do offer a 6" head, but the Cowls are much too big.

Probably a better fit for the Mego Batmobile too. No do get either Black or Blue.
Anyway, here are some pictures.
FTC 6 in crop.JPG

Inserted in Batmobile (metal Hybrid)
FTC Batmobile.JPG

Top view of the figures in the Batmobile
FTC Top View.JPG

Comparison of the two with figures... not too bad.
Side View.jpg
I honestly love that goofiness of the Metal Hyrbid car (the figures I can take or leave) but there's something really fun to me about that vehicle. It's almost like a licensed/mass produced version of some of the custom/fan modified cars we used to see in the earlier 2000's.
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Very cool! I love crafty stuff and people.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Well I ordered another 6” body and spare TV Batman costume. It all arrived today, but the figure was 8”, and the cape male clasp was missing. I requested the right body, and briefly stole a cape from another figure. I still need to paint the boots and gloves, but here we go....
0B2469A8-7E85-43A4-ADC4-E9B59B7881B0.jpeg
5E50CC98-C7B0-4974-AEDA-0DB985C803B2.jpeg
A3774C73-1887-4515-A5E5-DD8F7FFED710.jpeg
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Great Job, Lou
Larry
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Hit the I'm with Ben button-- I think that metal car is really cool, the figures that came with it do nothing for me. You did a great job with your own figures, Lou. I can't wait until you actually retire and all the stuff you'll do!
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

I agree, Andy. Hit the "I'm with Ben", Button. They look SO much more in proportion than the 8" figures do with the Mego "66 Batmobile". Great Job!
Larry
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

I stumbled across an unbelievable deal on a poorly described eBay lot, containing a CY Productions Bat-Communicator, a folding Batman Batarang and a Robin style 'rang.

I'm looking at some different spray paint options to make all three of the Batarangs in my collection a better (closer to screen used) color.
IMG_1340.jpg
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Lucky Guy!!!!!
Larry
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Ben,
You’re gonna love that communicator the most.

By the way is the Batarang a smooth finish or beaten up?
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I LOVE bad auction descriptions-- I've gotten some deals myself over the years-- congrats!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Lou Szabo wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:52 pm Ben,
You’re gonna love that communicator the most.

By the way is the Batarang a smooth finish or beaten up?
You're totally right, the Communicator is what attracted me (I literally won the auction for all three items for less than what Clint sells any of the items individually). I have another communicator but the person who made it scaled it way smaller than the prop for some reason, (to an almost comical extent) but I do have that in my shadowbox with a selection of fantastic 3D printed props that Randy kindly gifted me.
IMG_1344.jpg
IMG_1345.jpg
Regarding the Batarangs, they're kind of scratched up - not intentionally, I don't believe. They're cast in a rougher finish black resin compared to the first smooth navy blue Batarang I bought from Clint over ten years ago.
IMG_1347.jpg
I know there was a lot of variation in color and materials for the original props but using this photo from an auction a while ago, I'm looking to paint all three of my 'rangs to a similar shade as this:

rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

Ben Bentley wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:29 am You're totally right, the Communicator is what attracted me (I literally won the auction for all three items for less than what Clint sells any of the items individually). I have another communicator but the person who made it scaled it way smaller than the prop for some reason, (to an almost comical extent) but I do have that in my shadowbox with a selection of fantastic 3D printed props that Randy kindly gifted me.
Thats a great display Ben. Makes me happy to see that sir.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

rsaffle wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:37 pm
Ben Bentley wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:29 am You're totally right, the Communicator is what attracted me (I literally won the auction for all three items for less than what Clint sells any of the items individually). I have another communicator but the person who made it scaled it way smaller than the prop for some reason, (to an almost comical extent) but I do have that in my shadowbox with a selection of fantastic 3D printed props that Randy kindly gifted me.
Thats a great display Ben. Makes me happy to see that sir.
I've got some of your other creations displayed with my belt too buddy!
IMG_1349.jpg
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

I feel kinda bad about my newest Bat purchase. Hot Wheels Tv series batmobile limited edition red line club series that I picked up at a convention yesterday. It was sitting on a table with no price so I asked the lady watching the booth how much and she said her husband was taking a break and she needed to call him. She did that and simply described it as a Hotwheel's Batmobile. I got it for $8!

I knew better but in the moment I just paid my money, took my car and left.

It makes me feel bad now. :?/
Attachments
m17444705852_1.jpg