The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Batman65

Re: The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

Post by Batman65 »

jjkandlak wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:10 pm Got my photo signed thru the mail from the 1966 Batman screen test of Lyle Waggoner and Peter Deyell. These are the finalists who lost out to Adam and Burt.
THAT is an awesome piece to add!
jjkandlak

Post by jjkandlak »

Batman65 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:00 am
jjkandlak wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:10 pm Got my photo signed thru the mail from the 1966 Batman screen test of Lyle Waggoner and Peter Deyell. These are the finalists who lost out to Adam and Burt.
With a little research it was pretty easy to do. The digital photo is online and I had it printed out locally. Waggoner owns a company called "Star Waggons" which leases upscale movie trailers for celebs. Deyell is a production manager who is president of American Biograph Films.
Bat-Brony92

Post by Bat-Brony92 »

Got Batman 66 Vol.2 at books a million today (All I need now is Vol.5, Batman '66 Meets Steed & Mrs. Peel and the legion of superheroes crossover)
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

jjkandlak wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:59 am
With a little research it was pretty easy to do. The digital photo is online and I had it printed out locally. Waggoner owns a company called "Star Waggons" which leases upscale movie trailers for celebs. Deyell is a production manager who is president of American Biograph Films.
Now that is some detective work! Did they just sign it, or did that add any commentary.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

Mailman brought two of my Holy Grail items: Mattel Utility Belt and Hot Toys Robin.
Attachments
belt.jpg
29026021_2161727710520576_3072409407858933760_n.jpg
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
Mr.Freeze

Post by Mr.Freeze »

Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Solo 1 by Ian McLean, on Flickr

I noticed a recent mention of the 2004-2006 “Solo” series from DC Comics. The Michael Allred issue, with 60’s Wondergirl on the cover, dancing the Batusi, is definitely in my collection but away In storage. I had totally forgotten that the issue contains a “Batman ‘66” tale, “Batman a-Go-Go”!

So I searched out the 2013 hardcover omnibus of the whole “Solo” maxi-series, which actually has two covers: one with modern Catwoman and the really cool one: with art originally intended for the Wondergirl issue, with the classic Adam West’s TV Batman performing the Batusi! (It wasn’t able to be cleared for rights when originally published as a single comic.) I was sure I had ordered the Batman cover via eBay, but suddenly the site was telling me it would be Catwoman arriving!

The book arrived this week - and it’s the Batusi version! Yay!

Here are the familiar steps of TV's Gotham City Police Headquarters:
Solo 2 by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Here’s a cameo appearance of Adam’s “Life” magazine cover!
Solo 3 by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Here’s a cameo of Shakespeare’s head and the 60s Batcave entrance!
Solo 4 by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Here are cameos by Batgirl (similar to her TV animated credits), Killer Moth and Mr Freeze!:
Solo 5 by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Here is the 2013 hardcover omnibus, featuring Adam West’s Batman doing the Batusi:
Solo 6 by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
gothosmansion

Post by gothosmansion »

A couple of T-shirts. I already have too many Batman shirts and really shouldn't have picked these up.

The Neal Adams Joker shirt was a little more distressed than I would have liked. I don't really like distressed stuff.
Attachments
jokershirt.jpg
coloringbookshirt.jpg
jjkandlak

Post by jjkandlak »

Szabol wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:32 pm
jjkandlak wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:59 am

Now that is some detective work! Did they just sign it, or did that add any commentary.
Both just signed the photos - however Deyell enclosed a short note "thank you for remembering me"
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

That note is wonderful. I wonder who is more flattered, you or Peter. I had a similar experience with an artist I heard in the early 70's. I found his email address in the late 90's as asked if he had a greatest hits CD. He said he didn't but owned all his masters, and he sent me a CD and a similar note. Every time I play those songs, I remember his hit bound songs while mowing lawns in those days.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

Hallmark mini lunchbox and Autoworld slot car.
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
29495986_2175680619125285_843380729093029888_o.jpg
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I had that mini lunchbox years ago and lost it in the big move-- it was great.
Therin of Andor

Star Stands Type 1 by Ian McLean, on Flickr

My transparent stands for the 4" Funko "Batman '66" and "New Titans" action figures arrived.

Batman 66 collection by Ian McLean, on Flickr

The “Batman ‘66” collection: the “Solo” omnibus features a story and the Batusi cover art; five hardcover reprint collections of the 30 regular issues and the Two-Face special; team-ups with “Green Hornet”, Steed & Mrs Peel (“The Avengers”), “The Man from U.N.C.L.E.” and “Wonder Woman ‘77”, all in now hardcover. Also “The Legion of Super-heroes” team-up one-shot.
Therin of Andor

Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

Are these stands for sale?
Therin of Andor

Big Daddy K wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:06 pm Are these stands for sale?
I got mine on eBay "Buy it now". 5 x 20 bags should help me out. They are "Star Stands Type 1", made to fit the original Kenner "Star Wars" figures. They work well with the Funko lines. (The pegs are too thick to fit Bif Bang Pow! figures.)
Therin of Andor