Hot Wheels availability question.

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
TP-6597

Hot Wheels availability question.

Post by TP-6597 »

First time poster, watcher of the show when it was actually airing in the 60s. Crazy to think about how much time has passed.

Quick question on Hot Wheels Batmobiles. I can't seem to gather the info from their website, figured the answer would definitely be here. I see from looking around the internet that the '66 Batmobile has been released a number of times. Is it currently available in toy stores at all?

I'm not interested in any one edition or collectibility. I plan on opening the package and putting it on my desk at work, so as long as it's the TV show car, it's fine.

Thanks in advance.
“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
Ben Bentley

Re: Hot Wheels availability question.

Post by Ben Bentley »

Hi and welcome!

Are you US based? If so, here's a link that might be a great starting point. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_ ... -and-games
scottmandew

Post by scottmandew »

If you still need one, PM me. Someone gave me one and I already had it. I'll be glad to send it your way.
We thought we'd have to teach our son about the world. Turns out we have to teach the world about our son. They see a boy who cannot speak. We see a miracle who doesn't need words.
http://www.ourjourneywithoneofgodsmirac ... gspot.com/
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

You didn't mention scale so here's the rundown on types:
1/18 scale:
Original release base model
Elite
Super Elite
Elite with Matte finish
Elite with Chrome finish
Elite with Figures (new) - probably the one to buy if you want the likeness.
New Base version is now available too.

They also made a very limited 1/43 scale Elite
And of course the 1/55 scale (also in the Limited edition Blu Ray next month) with or without towhook
And a range of 1/64 scale cars and finally a 1/87 detailed car
A 1/24 is on its way by December
A 1/16 RC car is available
A 1/12 car is made for the new 6" figures
There are some specials too, like the Redline series 1/64 and a Hollywood Edition that has some additional details.

There's an entire forum just dedicated to the 66 Batmobile from 1:1 scale and smaller.
http://1966batvehicles.yuku.com/forums/ ... atVehicles

Good luck on your Quest!
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

Thanks for the tips and the very generous offer. I think Amazon will get me one (or two) ;-)

I may still be having my posts pre-approved, so apologies if this is a double post. Off to the rest of the board. I'll post my purchase when it arrives.
“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

Sorry, missed the country and scale questions. Yes, US-based. Scale will be regular Hot Wheels scale, 1/64th. There seem to be plenty available on ebay or Amazon, so I shouldn't have a hard time. Thanks again.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Just a warning - that Hot Wheels 1/64 Batmobile is a gateway Batmobile. ;) Enjoy your new purchase and Welcome aboard
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

;-)

Thanks
Watchman1655

Post by Watchman1655 »

Hi - I have a Danbury Mint 1:18 scale signed TV series 66 model for sale at just £250.... Mint & unopened in box
Watchman1655

Post by Watchman1655 »

It is a HotWheels too, model L2090!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Can you post a picture:

Click on "Post Reply" in lower left instead of quick reply or Full editor

Upload Attachment (lower left)

Insert into thread

Press submit

we should be able to see the picture. As I said in the 1966Batmobile forum, I think this is the Hot Wheels 1/18 scale exclusive to the UK, and no affiliation to Danbury mint for the 1966 TV Batmobile. They have their own 1/24 scale comic book 1960's Batmobile with figures.

I look forward to being wrong ;D
1966.batmobile

Post by 1966.batmobile »

To TP-6597, the common Hot Wheels batmobile is available in both 1:64, and 1:50. The 1:50 is larger than a standard Hot Wheel, but smaller than the old Corgi 267... The HO (1:87) version is expensive.
The 1:50 also comes with the Blu Ray set.
1966.batmobile

Post by 1966.batmobile »

There is also a 1:43 that is getting pretty expensive. It is he closest in size to the old Corgi and is more detailed. I have that one and the 1989 version. Glad I got them when they first came out.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

That 1/43 is an Elite version, meaning more detail. Right now, the 1/25 is the best value in my opinion. It's the same size as the polar lights model, but is metal. I remember paying some $250 for an Italian made metal 1/25, then buying the GADM metal version for $500. Now I can buy HW for $25 or less. :o
Batman

Post by Batman »

Does anyone know if there will be an Elite 1/24 scale Hot Wheels '66 Batmobile? I'd hate to buy the one out now only to see an upgraded version come out later.
To the Batpole!