DVD/Blu-ray Sets Already Being Repackaged

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
batbelfry

Re: DVD/Blu-ray Sets Already Being Repackaged

Post by batbelfry » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:33 pm

Big thanks to Scottmandew about the infomercial. I've set my DVR as well.

In case anyone misses it, according to Directv's onscreenguide, the infomercial is going to be on many different channels dozens of times over the next few weeks.

scottmandew

Post by scottmandew » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:04 pm

Watched the infomercial. The remastered clips were great! But with that offer, you get the first season and half of the second season for $100. And that's for DVD. They never gave a price for Blu-ray. With what I ordered from Amazon, I'm getting the entire series on blu-ray, and what seems to be the same special features, for $180. I'll stick with what I've already ordered.
We thought we'd have to teach our son about the world. Turns out we have to teach the world about our son. They see a boy who cannot speak. We see a miracle who doesn't need words.
http://www.ourjourneywithoneofgodsmirac ... gspot.com/

BrianPGH

Post by BrianPGH » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:23 pm

According to Comcast's guide, the infomercial will air at 3:05 tomorrow morning on ION.

marvelbloodhound

Post by marvelbloodhound » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:09 pm

On the website, they indicated that sets ordered before 11/6 would be held to arrive by the street date of 11/11. Is it just me, or are they going to have to eat a loss of a couple payments if people don't get their sets by that date if they order by 11/5? In the words of Evol, "It's in writing..." :D

Jim K, Bat fan

Post by Jim K, Bat fan » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:18 pm

I recorded the infomercial as well - I was very pleased with the overall presentation, and would love to hear what others thought. I agree with Scott that the clips look fantastic, and we got to see many of them. But most exciting was Adam hosting the special! I have to believe this is not going to be part of the DVD extras. It appeared to be recorded just for this commercial.

I loved the use of the "Bat font" throughout the written, on screen portions. I liked the "cliffhangers" that appeared right before the actual product pitch. And what a surprise to see Mark talking about the Batmobile! Mark, is that something that will be on the DVD, or just on this commercial?

Now, where I think they missed the boat was never mentioning the availability of the complete series or the Blu-ray version which are available on the web site! I'm guessing they will offer that option to those who call the phone number to order. Perhaps they just wanted to present the least expensive option.

I'm also curious as to why Adam West Naked is being included? Is it possible that there was some rumblings about not having commentaries on the official release, and so this DVD was added to appease that concern?

Everything considered, I highly recommend taping this special for posterity.

Gleeps, it's Batman

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:23 pm

BrianPGH wrote:According to Comcast's guide, the infomercial will air at 3:05 tomorrow morning on ION.
THANKS! I don't have cable and figured it would show up on free tv some time in the middle of the night, but didn't know when.

Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:34 pm

marvelbloodhound wrote:...or are they going to have to eat a loss of a couple payments if people don't get their sets by that date if they order by 11/5?...
This would never stick, even in an American court :) . They are basically just saying that no order will be shipped until the sixth so no one will get it before the street date. They are not guaranteeing delivery on November 11, and if this is shipped USPS (I am unsure if it is), it could not be since I believe they do not deliver on that date (although UPS and Fedex do).

I ended up canceling my order on Amazon and ordered the Bluray set from here since I like the box better and would rather have the script than the cards/Batmobile, both of which we have. Although I will miss the Adam West scrapbook, but I bet they will show up on eBay.
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!

Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:39 pm

Gleeps, it's Batman wrote:THANKS! I don't have cable and figured it would show up on free tv some time in the middle of the night, but didn't know when.
I do not have cable or regular TV (just TV Japan package on Dish) so I am hoping some enterprising soul ends up putting the infomercial on Youtube, or Warners streams it on their Bat-site.
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!

HerryGrail

Post by HerryGrail » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:43 pm

Hmmmm....30 percent off additional sets purchased at the website.

Spikor1982

Post by Spikor1982 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:39 am

if they can guarantee delivery on 11/11 I'd rather to the payment plan for the Blu set. Amazon is and they will probably deliver it fedex since ups/usps doesn't run holidays to residential.

sounds like they mention it will deliver in release date.

if you can wait about ten days or so you can save 29.00 [as of this writing] if you get it from amazon uk. 94 gpb shipped, comes out to about 151 USD. it's 109 gpb on the product page but once you go through check out-but don't click pay- it drops in price considerably.
but there is also the chance the amazon.com will lower their price also.

ive ordered a lot of imports this way and ends up saving me in the end getting fro amazon uk.

too many choices!

honestly, I just want the discs, the extra stuff has no sway for me at all. i'd really prefer a set with just the discs.
“It is the duty of every good citizen of Gotham City to report meeting a man from Mars in a public park."

Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:45 am

I, myself, will stay with my Amazon Blu-ray order. Despite the box art being a little too bubblegummy, I want the Adam West scrapbook rather than the episode script. I already have the cards, but don't mind another set with the DVDs and - as for the Mattel Batmobile - well, one can NEVER have too many Batmobiles! :P
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"

batfan67

Post by batfan67 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:51 pm

I just watched the infomercial.I wonder why they don't mention the complete series? You can order it on the website along with the BluRay version. Still thinking of switching to that.

Mike

Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:32 pm

Jim K, Bat fan wrote: And what a surprise to see Mark talking about the Batmobile! Mark, is that something that will be on the DVD, or just on this commercial?
Jim, Adam and Burt both confirmed that I made it to the finished DVD/Blu-ray.

Jim K, Bat fan

Post by Jim K, Bat fan » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:42 pm

Mark Racop wrote:Jim, Adam and Burt both confirmed that I made it to the finished DVD/Blu-ray.
Congrats! That is great news!

chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:24 am

Spikor1982 wrote:honestly, I just want the discs, the extra stuff has no sway for me at all. i'd really prefer a set with just the discs.
Amen. So this new offer cuts off two weeks before the Sandman eps? Pass. I may as well wait for whatever stripped-down single-season packs eventually show up and just be happy getting the episodes themselves.