Nitpickiest Details

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
AndyFish

Nitpickiest Details

Post by AndyFish »

How about a thread to note stuff we notice in the DVDs/Blu Rays?

I'll start; The Liver spots on Commissioner Gordon's hands, and on the mantle in Bruce's study in the pilot episode looks like there is a picture of Adam in his Cowboy days there. Only glimpsed it and I'll dig in further.

And to NITPICK Complain because as collectors we can never be satisfied -- while I love the content, and the shows look fantastic-- what's up with the lack of graphics on the discs themselves and don't get me started on the generic home screens on the discs themselves. Holy lack of graphic design!

AND keeping it relevant to the Merchandise section-- the BATMAN ON DVD Blu ray does not have the digital copies included. I think I noticed that when I ordered it but now I'm kicking myself because I'll have to buy digital copies or upload my DVDs with handbrake.

Lee Kirkham

Re: Nitpickiest Details

Post by Lee Kirkham »

I KNEW we should have submitted designs ourselves, Andy! Drat, those filthy criminals, er, marketing executives!
I find you to be odious, abhorrent and insegrevious.

Mike Mulitsch

Post by Mike Mulitsch »

maybe we should make this a ... NEVER NOTICED THAT BEFORE THEARD 1st ep
there is a ashtray on table in Batcave
and why in the very last scene is Alfred got a pair of football shoulder pads
never

AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Lee-
YOUR designs were the ones they should have used. I remember the time someone uploaded them to Amazon and the world was fooled into thinking it was coming out.

Ashtray in the batcave!! Batman would never advocate smoking! Must have been for science experiments.

Lee Kirkham

Post by Lee Kirkham »

AndyFish wrote:Lee-
YOUR designs were the ones they should have used. I remember the time someone uploaded them to Amazon and the world was fooled into thinking it was coming out.
I remember being shocked by that! And a little nervous. Then I started laughing out loud.
Looking back, mine were neat, but even I would have created something a little more...unique? I always think about what would a true fan be wowwed by? How can I integrate the style or something iconic of the series into the design. But then, look who I'm talking to, you've got that stuff down pat!

Anyone remember my "deluxe edition"? Kinda funny now.

How would you display that thing? LOL.
Kickstand mechanism in the back? I dunno...

Mike Mulitsch

Post by Mike Mulitsch »

Lee Kirkham wrote:
AndyFish wrote:Lee-
I remember being shocked by that! And a little nervous. Then I started laughing out loud.
Looking back, mine were neat, but even I would have created something a little more...unique? I always think about what would a true fan be wowwed by? How can I integrate the style or something iconic of the series into the design. But then, look who I'm talking to, you've got that stuff down pat!

Anyone remember my "deluxe edition"? Kinda funny now.

How would you display that thing? LOL.
Kickstand mechanism in the back? I dunno...
I would have loved this, lets do it , Kickstarter anyone

Spikor1982

Post by Spikor1982 »

sure I remember that pic, wasn't that a placeholder image in amazon a long time ago.

I made custom covers/disc labels for my boots as well, I''m hanging onto them [but storing them away] for the work put I into them and the price I paid for them at a convention in Vegas in 2008. I also still have all my vhs tapes of it from the first time FX ran the series, I recorded in SP to get 4-30 min episodes to a tape and then put them all in rental clamshells, LOL!
“It is the duty of every good citizen of Gotham City to report meeting a man from Mars in a public park."

epaddon

Post by epaddon »

In one episode, I noticed for the first time dandruff flakes on Stafford Repp's coat collar. :)

Also, freeze frame a newspaper sometime and read the small print stories under the headlines and you will find yourself reading total nonsensical gibberish, most of which I swear is the exact same gibberish I see in other fake newspapers on other shows (especially the line "an immediate investigation is called for").

Batfink

Post by Batfink »

For me in Episode One, you can see the cable that pulls the top of the bookcase when it opens and closes the first time Bruce and Dick use the Bat Poles. That was wild to see. Also the very top of the Wayne Manor ceiling in the main living room. Vild!!!
Sweet Little Buttercup!

scottmandew

Post by scottmandew »

I don't remember which episode it was, but somewhere in the first 4, I saw coffee stains on the front of Batman's shirt. Never noticed that before.
We thought we'd have to teach our son about the world. Turns out we have to teach the world about our son. They see a boy who cannot speak. We see a miracle who doesn't need words.
http://www.ourjourneywithoneofgodsmirac ... gspot.com/

wally wingert

Post by wally wingert »

FYI...when Reed Kaplan and I met with the WHV folks, they weren't interested in any outside input regarding design or graphics. As they put it, "We've got it handled." So...there ya have it.

Ktrek

Post by Ktrek »

Personally I like the generic home screens because they load quicker. I really despise the ones with intense graphics that take forever to load just so I can watch one episode (Star Trek DVD are a good example). Yea..the graphics may look great and are cool but after about the tenth time of waiting they get really really annoying. So, I'm happy with them they they are.

Kevin

chetchumley

Post by chetchumley »

you can see ADAMS, 5 o'clock shadow on most episodes very clearly now...and as for BURT you can see signs of puberty on his face during the early eps....and u could always see his bandaged arm in the MR FREEZE episode...as he tried to conceal with cape...but if u check out the following ep...MARSHA I believe????? u can see the burn on his arm...and it was huge.!!! at .least 5" long ...no wonder he complained then and now about the effects !!!

Lee Kirkham

Post by Lee Kirkham »

Ktrek wrote:Personally I like the generic home screens because they load quicker. I really despise the ones with intense graphics that take forever to load just so I can watch one episode (Star Trek DVD are a good example). Yea..the graphics may look great and are cool but after about the tenth time of waiting they get really really annoying. So, I'm happy with them they they are.

Kevin

Actually it's not the graphics that drag a menu's speed down, it how they animate it. If they have someone do it efficiently, it'll load as quick as anything else. Usually, though, they are pressed for time with deadlines to meet, so they don't always have that luxury to spend optimizing stuff.

BUT, I get what you mean, once through is neat, but after that it's like, "Hurry up!"

Jim K, Bat fan

Post by Jim K, Bat fan »

Wow, some great observations so far - I'm going to go back and look for those.

The thing that has struck me so far is the amount of "forehead shine" on the actors - like they needed the make-up person to dab them off.

Now, this may sound a bit odd, but is anyone else feeling like the Blu-ray is...maybe...just a little too clear??? I'm not sure I want to see Batman's 5 o'clock shadow, a coffee stain on his costume, the Commissioner's liver spots...

:oops:

Perhaps I'm feeling just a little too close to my heroes...

:lol: