Nitpickiest Details

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Gleeps, it's Batman

Re: Nitpickiest Details

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

Batguitarist wrote:
batrunner1966 wrote:Episode 53 green ice I noticed for the first time that the batmobile spins on a small platform and not the entire circle on the floor.

Blu ray is awesome and memory shattering at the same time!
Yup. Too expensive to have a fully rotating section of the floor. Considering the Batcave set cost them $800,000, or so I've heard. That always amazed me how much money they spent on a show that supposedly never tested well ("The only reason it didn't test lower is because the dials wouldn't go any lower.") And then there was The Batmobile and Barris' pricetag. Then the music. Having Hefti write the theme and Riddle do the music. Me thinks something is fishy with that testing story. I mean think about it. Would you sink all that money into a chance? Holy tax rightoffs!" I suppose if it failed?

John
I keep wondering what the people in the test audience who scored it so low thought when the show debuted as a huge hit?

John Mack

Post by John Mack »

I think they probably said the rest of the world is batty :lol:

John
Music. BAT! Music.

BatDavidEvanSmith

Post by BatDavidEvanSmith »

Just watched the first Shame episodes...

I probably noticed at the time, but had since forgotten, the music playing in all the first Saloon scenes with Andy the little kid is all the same music from the "What a Way to Go-Go".

Was Okie Annie's second costume (the blue one) originally Blaze's from season one? I haven't gone back to compare and contrast...
"When we get to the royal oil boiling room, be sure to prepare some real boiling royal boiling oil to boil the boy wonder in... royally."

BatDavidEvanSmith

Post by BatDavidEvanSmith »

Holy Repetition!

In the Penguin's Nest/Jest episodes, that directly follow the Shame episodes, Batman uses the same entry line about "The best laid plans of mice and men" when coming upon the criminals in mid-crime. Only in the Penguin episodes, he changes the line to "best laid plans of birds and men".

I've heard many reused lines throughout the series, but never realized in back-to-back episodes. Yikes.
"When we get to the royal oil boiling room, be sure to prepare some real boiling royal boiling oil to boil the boy wonder in... royally."

Austinunc

Post by Austinunc »

I'm not sure if anyone else had noticed but in the first penguin episodes in reference to batman's utility belt they switch from the bigger circular opening to the classic one they would later use and back again.

BAT 77

Post by BAT 77 »

BatDavidEvanSmith wrote:Holy Repetition!

In the Penguin's Nest/Jest episodes, that directly follow the Shame episodes, Batman uses the same entry line about "The best laid plans of mice and men" when coming upon the criminals in mid-crime. Only in the Penguin episodes, he changes the line to "best laid plans of birds and men".

I've heard many reused lines throughout the series, but never realized in back-to-back episodes. Yikes.
I noted those quotes as well and had a laugh because I was imagining Bookworm correcting him on that quote. "Schemes! Schemes!"
BAT 77 - My '70s Batman Childhood
Subscribe to the Podcast at http://bat77.libsyn.com
Visit me on Facebook.com/bat77podcast

chelray1

Post by chelray1 »

Well I finally got the Offical DVD set and now I can compare it to my TV Land Canada set.

Here is what I noticed.

First of all I have 2 TVs. A 46 Inch Vizio Widescreen HDTV, and a 32 Inch Sony Tube FullSscreen Standard TV.

First off I tested the shows on my Tube TV. Here is what I found:
On the official DVDs, almost all of the dirt and specs have been removed from the picture. Next, the color has been turned up alot, and third, the brightness has been turned down alot, and fourth there seems to be a grain increase. I found myself having to turn down the color and turn up the brightness on my TV. However, when I was done watching, I had to readjust the brightness and color for everything else.

Next I put the offical DVDs in my Blu Ray Player on my 46 HDTV. One word, they looked great. I didnt have to adjust anything...I can image how much more the Blu ray clarity would be...

So long story short, what do I prefer?? Well, I prefer the TV Land Canada set on my Tube TV...
So, for those that only have a TUBE TV, stick with your TV Land Canada set.

If you have an HDTV, you really need to have the blu ray set, dont waste any money on the DVDs. (That must be why the DVDs are so cheap now). Most people have HDTVs.