What's on the Holy Batmania DVD?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
wayoutjunk

What's on the Holy Batmania DVD?

Post by wayoutjunk »

I tried (unsuccessfully) to get a copy of this 2 DVD set on eBay, and I was wondering what's actually on it? I know the first DVD is the shows that Biography did for Batman '66, Adam West, Cesar Romero, and Julie Newmar, but what specifically is on the second DVD? Is it worth pursuing, or are all the clips available online now? I saw there's also a "Holy Batmania 2" DVD available. Is this all different stuff, or is it the previous volume just repackaged? Thanks for the info!

Bat Username

Re: What's on the Holy Batmania DVD?

Post by Bat Username »

Well, I'm in the same boat as you, but here's a listing of the bonus disc's contents according to the link below.

http://classicflix.com/batman-holy-batm ... -7909.html

As you can see, the extras primarily consisted of advertising promos with the highlights being the screen tests and network presentation. The most notable thing that appears to be missing from Youtube (although they don't actually have ALL the promos uploaded) are the wraparounds Adam and the gang filmed for the syndicated marathon back in the late 80's.

Screen Tests
-Lyle Waggoner and Peter Deyell
-Adam West and Burton Gervis
Network Presentation (1966)
Network Promos

-Year 1 (1966)
-Year 2 (1966-67)
-Year 3 (1967-68)
Syndication Promos (1983 & 1989)
Batman: The Movie (1966)

-Theatrical Teasers & Trailers
-TV Spots (1989)
Bat-Marathon
-Event Opens
-Episodic Intros
-Event Closes
Bat-Trivia (1989)

Robin Holyisms

Post by Robin Holyisms »

Bat Username wrote:Well, I'm in the same boat as you, but here's a listing of the bonus disc's contents according to the link below.

http://classicflix.com/batman-holy-batm ... -7909.html

As you can see, the extras primarily consisted of advertising promos with the highlights being the screen tests and network presentation. The most notable thing that appears to be missing from Youtube (although they don't actually have ALL the promos uploaded) are the wraparounds Adam and the gang filmed for the syndicated marathon back in the late 80's.

Screen Tests
-Lyle Waggoner and Peter Deyell
-Adam West and Burton Gervis
Network Presentation (1966)
Network Promos

-Year 1 (1966)
-Year 2 (1966-67)
-Year 3 (1967-68)
Syndication Promos (1983 & 1989)
Batman: The Movie (1966)

-Theatrical Teasers & Trailers
-TV Spots (1989)
Bat-Marathon
-Event Opens
-Episodic Intros
-Event Closes
Bat-Trivia (1989)
Most of the Wrap Arounds from 1989 are included, but the ones with Yvonne Craig were not included for some reason.

Bat Tom

Post by Bat Tom »

I think that Holy Batmania is in high demand because they were forced to pull the DVD shortly after it was released due to some issues with Warner's and others.

wayoutjunk

Post by wayoutjunk »

With all this info coming in right before the holidays, I missed seeing it until just now. Thank you everybody for the information. I know I've got the old VHS of this somewhere. Does anybody know if it has the same stuff on it?

John Mack

Post by John Mack »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: What's on it? A bunch of grainy, blurry, oh...sorry.

John
Music. BAT! Music.

Robin Holyisms

Post by Robin Holyisms »

Bat Tom wrote:I think that Holy Batmania is in high demand because they were forced to pull the DVD shortly after it was released due to some issues with Warner's and others.
This is actually a complicated question to answer as there is more than one version Batmania.

Here is what a now former member of the forum had to say about this.

There are two different Holy Batmania's. One is relatively recent (on DVD) is a collection of various A&M channel biographies of Bat actors. I have not seen that. The other one is a VHS from the Tim Burton era of Bat movies. I don't know that I've seen that, but my impression is that it has the same things that the rest of that group had on it: lots of stills of actors, clips from the 1966 ABC new season special, Yvonne Craig's Equal Pay for Women public service ad, and grainy versions of commercials for the '66 Bat move, TV series and 1940's serials. I have the Batmania VHS (no "Holy" in the title) and that's what that one has on it. I'm sure they also have some footage/stills relating to the Tim Burton movies, but nothing on interest. They didn't even contain the commercials/trailers for the Burton films.

Holy Batmania 2 is VHS and close to the content I listed above. The main difference for Holy Batmania 2 is that it contains several interviews - John Astin and one of the sound guys from the series. It also contains the Batgirl pilot, which is not something that was on the the first wave of Bat VHS's.

JWLJN

Post by JWLJN »

I have the DVD set and have owned three different versions on VHS. I'll do my best to remember/describe...

I received the first for Christmas 1989. It has a black/gray box with Adam and Burt underneath a larger picture of a Batman that I think might be from the serials.

In later years I picked up two different versions that were also made in the Burton years. All three have relatively the same documentary but with a few differences here and there and maybe some different narration. I kept the first one (it was a gift from my parents), sold another one about a year ago on eBay, and the third one I still have up for sale on eBay.

The one on the DVD was just about the same as the VHS ones, along with the A&E Biography shows of Adam, Cesar, and maybe Julie? It's been about three years since I've watched them.

-J\/\/

Gleeps, it's Batman

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

Was there Yvonne content on any of them, JWLJN?

JWLJN

Post by JWLJN »

I remember the Department of Labor commercial on a few of them (maybe even the DVD), and on the version that I've had since '89, there was footage of something that they did in the '80s. Looks like they were near the police HQ facade and I think it's Adam, Burt, Julie, and Yvonne. Yvonne is definitely there because she has feathered '80s hair and even as a little kid when I first got the tape I thought she looked great. I don't think you actually hear what they're saying though, I think the narrator is talking over it.

-J\/\/

John Mack

Post by John Mack »

JWLJN wrote:I remember the Department of Labor commercial on a few of them (maybe even the DVD), and on the version that I've had since '89, there was footage of something that they did in the '80s. Looks like they were near the police HQ facade and I think it's Adam, Burt, Julie, and Yvonne. Yvonne is definitely there because she has feathered '80s hair and even as a little kid when I first got the tape I thought she looked great. I don't think you actually hear what they're saying though, I think the narrator is talking over it.

-J\/\/
Yes, that would be from 1989. The Batcraze came back. And so did the selling of the series.

John
Music. BAT! Music.