2015 Hallmark ornaments

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
John Mack

Re: 2015 Hallmark ornaments

Post by John Mack »

I did not like the Life magazine cover ornament, but that being said, many did. IMO Hallmark won't do another 66 Batman because of the bad response to it. But like I said, that is me, so naturally that's what I believe. Others who liked that pose, are probably wondering why there's no 66 related in their 2016 line up. Anyway, rumor has it Adam was thrilled with it, so I can't argue with him. That would just be so wrooooooong.
Music. BAT! Music.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Although the batman wasn't the best pick, it certainly wasn't awful, iconic and instantly recognizable for sure, they certainly could have done a good deal of the villians. The series could have run for years, and I am sure they all would have looked great. I for one was looking forward to this series. Oh well.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

The more I thought about it, I think had the line sold well, They would have put out another A.W. in a different pose. IMHO, I have to think Hallmark caused its own problems by NOT publicizing it enough and by NOT making a part of the regular Christmas line like they did with the classic Trek line and STNG etc. Look how long it ran. Oh, well, its something to think about
Larry
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

There is a ’66 ornament for this year... another potentially frustrating October exclusive.
Hallmark 2016 Batman Classic Catwoman limited edition by Kristina Gaughran QXE3091 $15.95, available Ornament Debut weekend October 1-2, 2016 looks like Julie Newmar to me!
Attachments
catwoman-ornament.jpg
catwoman-ornament.jpg (15.73 KiB) Viewed 6678 times
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Holy Tweeterhead, Must have that one
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

They never told me about that when I was in there. When did you find this out? To add to that frustration, now, I heard our Hallmark stores were closing in the area. Looks like I will have to look on line in Oct.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Now that's a nice looking ornament. Is the diamond she is holding from the Purrfect Crime? And as for my last post on the subject I was wrong. See, that's what I get! Maybe this series has a chance if they issue a different Batman sculpt (IMHO)
Music. BAT! Music.
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

The Catwoman comes out on October 1. Last year they held the Joker but this year they say they cannot and it is all first come first served. My store had Joker for months so I am not worried about this one selling out. Each store may be different and may hold for you.
BatTime

Post by BatTime »

Anyone have further details on this?

I was at the ornament premiere party this weekend, and they had a "Dream Book" where you could pre-order the October release ornaments. Sadly, there was no Catwoman listed. :(

It was a locally owned store, so I'm not sure how much knowledge the workers would have had about an "unlisted" ornament...maybe Hallmark called an audible?
"I don't know who he is beneath that mask of his, but I know when we need him, and we need him now!"
TysonL

Post by TysonL »

BatTime wrote:Anyone have further details on this?

I was at the ornament premiere party this weekend, and they had a "Dream Book" where you could pre-order the October release ornaments. Sadly, there was no Catwoman listed. :(

It was a locally owned store, so I'm not sure how much knowledge the workers would have had about an "unlisted" ornament...maybe Hallmark called an audible?
Last year they had the Joker in a supplemental flyer outside of the dream book. They only had one copy of the flyer in the store. It wasn't until closer to Oct. that they had the info on it though.
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

I know a Batman fan who preordered a Catwoman at two different stores because it was one to a customer. My local store said they will NOT take preorders. That I have to go in Oct. 1st. I told her others stores took preorders and she said they were breaking policy. But she was going to check if she could take preorders.

So ask your local Hallmark if they don't take preorders on Catwoman it's unfair because other Hallmark stores do.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

One has to wonder why they seem to go to great lengths to make this difficult? Almost all of our Hallmark stores have now closed. There is only one left in NE Wisconsin, and for us, that's now a 45 minute drive away! Yikes.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Where in NE Wisconsin, my Friend?
Larry
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

TysonL wrote:
BatTime wrote:Anyone have further details on this?

Last year they had the Joker in a supplemental flyer outside of the dream book. They only had one copy of the flyer in the store. It wasn't until closer to Oct. that they had the info on it though.

This is correct. Catwoman is a separate flyer from the dream book
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Larry A. wrote:Where in NE Wisconsin, my Friend?
I am in Two Rivers, about 40 minutes south of Green Bay. GB had the last 2 stores and one of those closed up 4 months ago. Only one left.