It has arrived! My Chuck Williams Bat Cowl

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
AndyFish

Re: It has arrived! My Chuck Williams Bat Cowl

Post by AndyFish » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:10 am

My (second and final) wife and I keep a house account and then we each have our own checking accounts. I cannot tell you how stress free this system is. No groveling, no negotiations. No her freaking out if I buy something, no me stressing out because I noticed a new pair of shoes she bought.

We each pay in weekly to the joint account and then whatever is left goes into our own accounts. When we've had times where we are a one income system we pay into the budget and then any thing left went into our own accounts. No one person running the finances and the other having to come to the other like a kid asking for an allowance.

I tried it the other way and there's a reason she's an ex.

Flyinggrayson

Post by Flyinggrayson » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:27 am

I like your system Andy.

Wibble

Post by Wibble » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:49 pm

Budget isn't the issue, it's space...

Whilst our hobbies and interests overlap nicely, she doesn't quite share my love of "having tons of cool stuff crammed everywhere" :D

(She's not as draconian as it sounds, she actually stopped me trying to sell my second R2 unit and didn't complain about me buying new board games until the collection passed the 550 titles mark).

I've been steadily wearing her down over the last month or two, so hopefully it won't be too long until her resolve breaks and I place the order without having to worry who answers the door when the courier knocks :lol:

Wibble

Post by Wibble » Tue May 12, 2015 1:05 pm

It worked! ;)

The Batker

Post by The Batker » Tue May 12, 2015 2:34 pm

Wibble wrote:It worked! ;)

Haha good, congratulations.

Me and my lady have separate accounts so that we don't fight about money. She does sometimes question my purchases but will spend money on foolish items herself.

I ordered my cowl and other items and haven't mentioned it to her yet.

I've always lived by the motto, it's better to ask forgiveness later then to ask for permission.

Either way I was going to, so why fight about it beforehand? lol