So What's Left? And What's your Favorite So Far?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
AndyFish

So What's Left? And What's your Favorite So Far?

Post by AndyFish »

We have Action Figures of all sizes-- we have statues, we have bendable figures, model kits, comic books, animated movies, stuffed dolls, plushies and Batmobiles of as many different variations.

So what's left?

I'm not talking about stuff we know or assume will be along the pike; The Hot Toys Catwoman, Joker and Penguin, The Tweeterhead statues, more Figures Inc dolls.

I mean what's not already here that hopefully will be?

I know John is looking for a video game featuring the '66 characters.

For myself I'd love it if they did the '66 figures in the slightly dopey ReAction line from Funko-- the limited articulation barely looking like them 3 3/4" figures because that's the size GI JOE from my youth and I had all the original Star Wars figures the same way.

I'd like to see a Lego Batmobile and Batcave, although I'd likely never buy it because puzzles are not my thing and my sons are all grown men now so I'd have no "excuse" to play and display it. I'd still like to see it.

Maybe a '66 Board game? Same deal as the Lego-- I wouldn't buy it other than for the graphics.

I'd love to see Figures Inc RE-DO Batman-- new head sculpt (the two they've done are weak) and different cape although I guess I'm breaking my own rule by suggesting this.

Re-release the Topps Trading Cards-- both the Bat Laughs and the Norm Saunders painted cards again.

How about Batman '66 paperback adventures to continue the stories? Might be fun with some great painted covers.

A more accurate Halloween Costume? Boy I'd love to see Ben Cooper come back and put one out with the neat plastic masks with the mouth slit that you always cut your tongue on.

I'd love to see Round 2 come through with a Captain Action Batman '66 suit.

A behind the scenes book done with the same vibrant color and great information of the Fangoria book that came out years ago. This time with Adam's ACTUAL scrapbook photos of which he has hundreds.

Batman '66 Army Men! That would be cool to have Batman and All the cast in brightly colored plastic figures! Used to love Army Men as a kid.

And my vote for Best So Far tie between the Neca 18" Batman (waist joint don't bother me a bit) and the Funko Gold, Red and Blue Batmobiles which are an homage to those great Tin Batmobiles of the 70s (although I'm still missing the Blue one curse it!).

How about you Batfans?

rickkrefft

Re: So What's Left? And What's your Favorite So Far?

Post by rickkrefft »

Andy,
Where was it said Hot Toys was doing Joker, Penguin and Catwoman? I would love for this be true. Do you have inside info on these? What about Riddler by Hot Toys? Thank you.

I love so much that has been released it is very hard to pick a fave. For Batman and Robin I would say it's a tie between Hot Toys, Neca and the talking figures. For Penguin, Joker and Riddler it is easily Figures Toy Company and Mattel. For Catwoman it's my Tweeterhead statue. Of corse I think Tweeterhead will win overall once the big 7 are all in my hands.

rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

Oh, and for stuff I really would love to see.

Figures Toy Company: Riddler in jacket
Mattel: Masked Catwoman
Hot Toys: the big 4 villains
Neca: Batgirl
Wonderland Talking Dolls: Penguin/Riddler

AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I think it's public knowledge that Hot Toys sculpted a Lee Meriwether Catwoman and (I think) a Cesar Joker. They may not make it past the design stage-- who knows. The Batmobile is still happening to the best of my knowledge but there have been some design issues with it. I heard rumblings they were hoping to outlast the exclusivity Mattel has to rolling wheels on Batmobiles. The new DC Direct Batmobile for BTAS has been announced, it will be interesting to see if it rolls. Hot Toys has the license to the Batman movie-- and I believe they ONLY do movie figures.

My understanding is sales were decent enough to continue, although sales on the General Ursus figure were around the same and that line stopped with him and a soldier despite the sculpting of Dr Zaius and Cornelius which later were re-tooled by another company for a different scale.

My contacts at Hot Toys are limited now so I don't often get any insider information. Might be a good excuse to visit Hong Kong soon.

TBolt

Post by TBolt »

mostly just wanting to see the Figures Inc line continue, along with a Batmobile and maybe a cave playset. They seem to be doing a lot of footdragging lately. The Topps cards reissued would be cool.
To the Bat-Elephant!!

rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

Thanks Andy. My hope were that maybe HT delayed a Batman Returns Penguin and Catwoman in favor of 1966 versions. Next year being the show's 50th anniversary I am hopeful Joker, Penguin, Riddler and Catwoman could all be released as part of the celebration, and to tie up the movie cast. I admit I would rather have Julie's Catwoman, but I would take Lee if that was all that was available.

BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

What's left?

1. Way above the top of my list: a full series soundtrack. The music is as defining as the rest of the series--another character. It is as much a "must have" as the series on Blu Ray.

2. A coffee-table series overview / making-of book to end them all. Hundreds of pages, overloaded with color photos (unless unavailable), sections dedicated to the 60's print media coverage of the series (cover gallery), a full TV merchandising section (there was not that much TV specific products generated while the series was first run, so good space can be dedicated to a chapter). A once-in-a-lifetime book, if handled properly, I could see it retailing for $50 to $70, but it would worth every cent.

3. Full frame TV trading cards. See Rittenhouse's series of TV cards for reference. Sold in half-season sets, with no gold or gimmicky, holographic chase cards, but producing special signature cards from the surviving cast/crew (and working with estates of those no longer with us to use their signatures). The cards could feature story details on the back, along with cards with the covers of era publications (novels, magazines, or comics influenced--even if satirical, etc.).
Beneath Wayne Manor

JMS415

Post by JMS415 »

I would love to play a 66 Batman game. Especially with arkham knight getting a M rating. It would be nice to have a game I could play with my daughter that involves Batman other than the Lego ones.

I want a single release of robin by Mattel, I know he was in the two pack climbing up the wall. But I don't feel like paying $90 now haha. Also the batcycle, batcopter, batboat. And more villains like egg head and such.

I would like to see a comic with characters that never made it into the show. Like poison ivy, harley Quinn etc. Kinda like a what if I suppose.

I also want a sit down with Burt ward like bats of the round table. I would like to hear him talk as well.
Robin: Atomic batteries to power. Turbines to speed.

Batman: Roger. Ready to move out.

TBolt

Post by TBolt »

^^ The comic has already had Two Face, Red Hood, Croc and Lord Death Man. Clayface and Grundy are coming soon, and so should Harley. She's already appeared in her Arkham doctor identity.
To the Bat-Elephant!!

svl

Post by svl »

I want props. I already have working Batphones and Shakespeare busts, Bat Radios, belts, Batshields, cowls and more, all amazing done, but I want more.

1. A working (lighted, beeping) Batmobile Batphone, with the capability to double in the car as a working phone via Bluetooth. I heard the Freaks were working on something like this, but that was a while ago.

2. A super screen accurate Gordon Batphone, again working. I have a killer, oh-so-close version, but a totally accurate Gordon phone in dome has always been my Holiest of Holy Grails.

3. A Londinium Batcave (or police) Batphone. Can you see a pattern here? ;) I know I'm just wishin' with this one fo' sho', but it's always nice to dream.

4. Working Bat Radios. I still use Walkie Talkies from time to time, so a set of BRs would be fab.

And a few toys...

5. A redo of the Marx Batphone, exactly as it was except for the talking mechanism (same push button, but more robust interior mech) and would like to add the ability for it to light up as well. BUT, I still want the exact voice recording from the old toy. In fact, if anyone has any form of recording of the original toy's sayings I would be forever grateful to get MP3s of 'em.

6. An 8" or 12" figure scale TV show Batcave and Batmobile playset. Pile, computers, poles, cave entrance/exit, the works. Don't give a guano if the wheels on the 'Mobile roll or not, just want the scale.

rajung

Post by rajung »

Have to agree with SVI, props would be cool.
Also, a little on the high end, a full size pinball by Stern or Jersey Jack.
Cant believe they haven't looked into it now with the slot machine out.New Wizard Of Oz is cool but with issues, but Batman would have great potential as gameplay rules and LCD video on back box.

ELVIS

Post by ELVIS »

Working Batphone for sure. I have a SAMMY phone, but it has some issues. My favorite... probably the Hot Toy's figures or the 1:18 Elite/Super Elite Batmobile. I know it isn't perfect, but the small boy inside of me absolutely loves it and wishes he could have had it in 1966!

Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

My favorites to date include Hot Toys Batman and Robin due to my partiality to 1/6 scale figures. By the time the Mego figures came around I was older, so I only bought one or two and never played with them.
I love all things Batmobile, so Mattel and Polar lights get the nod there.
The perfect storm is the 1/12 figures and Batmobile. That would have been a big winner as a kid.

I would love the Corgi Batmobile, but painted with the red trim, in original packaging. The Topps cards and CA Batman are nice to have. For new Batman items, a 66 Batcave in 1/12 or 1/25 scale, including 3D atomic pile, not stand alone and not just a graphic.

But the release of the complete series on disc is the best gift of all.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!

brightknight

Post by brightknight »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote:What's left?

1. Way above the top of my list: a full series soundtrack. The music is as defining as the rest of the series--another character. It is as much a "must have" as the series on Blu Ray.

2. A coffee-table series overview / making-of book to end them all. Hundreds of pages, overloaded with color photos (unless unavailable), sections dedicated to the 60's print media coverage of the series (cover gallery), a full TV merchandising section (there was not that much TV specific products generated while the series was first run, so good space can be dedicated to a chapter). A once-in-a-lifetime book, if handled properly, I could see it retailing for $50 to $70, but it would worth every cent.
These are my top two.

And my favourite piece of new content so far have been the comics.

Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

I'm with Szabol regarding the 1/6th scale.
Megos are fun but I was just a bit too old to get behind them compared to GI Joe or Captain Action.

A 1/6th Batmobile would be a dream.

SVL is also spot on with the working Batphones. I really want a red phone hardwired in my shop!
The Gordon phone is the real "want" but I'd take the car phone if offered.
I really can't believe no one has jumped on this!

My impossible dream would be the folks that wrote the Cinefantastique articles would team up with Ralph Garmin, Adam West, Burt Ward, Yvonne Craig and the author of the two Bat Books to write a really definitive book with tons of photos from the show. Photos from in front of and behind the camera with the toys/collectables of the time.
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!
http://www.williamsstudio2.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info