Figures Toy Company Next waves?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Lou Szabo

Figures Toy Company Next waves?

Post by Lou Szabo »

Alfred
Alfred
image.jpg (76.11 KiB) Viewed 10200 times
Joker utility belt
Joker utility belt
image.jpg (115.53 KiB) Viewed 10200 times
Masked Penguin
Masked Penguin
image.jpg (85.21 KiB) Viewed 10200 times
Smokin Bruce
Smokin Bruce
image.jpg (87.4 KiB) Viewed 10200 times
Rockin' Robin
Rockin' Robin
image.jpg (103.09 KiB) Viewed 10200 times
Back
Back
image.jpg (128.68 KiB) Viewed 10200 times
From http://megomuseum.com/community/showthr ... oy-Company

These prototypes may be the next figures...including two Catwomen
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
AndyFish

Re: Figures Toy Company Next waves?

Post by AndyFish »

I wonder why they're holding off on Otto? That was one of the first head sculpts they showed. Also still delayed on the removable cowl Batman.
It seems a pattern is forming here; one or two new figures, two or three retreads.

I really like the line but they have to accelerate just a bit. Either they are spreading themselves too thin on licenses or there is a cash flow problem and they are trying to recoup with repackaged and resells.
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

Or they are repurposing leftover stock. I'm in for Alfred if he's available in a regular wave, but not for 175 bucks with a bunch of retreads.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
weirdkorey

Post by weirdkorey »

The Alfred headsculpt looks ok (even for the mego style sculpt they are going for), but those glasses though look like more like goggles. Surely it couldn't have been that difficult to make them look better than that...
Batfink

Post by Batfink »

So looking at the back packaging. They got the rights to Chief O'Hara (Stafford Repp). It's seems Commissioner Gordon (Neil Hamilton) & Aunt Harriet (Madge Blake) is still being worked out??? I'll go for the Alan Napier Alfred too. Then of course, I have to get a Buzzy & Duke variant. It would be a two pack as well, I bet. Accessory would have to be the garbage can that makes noises.
Sweet Little Buttercup!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

These are entertainment earth exclusives
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Personally, I think FTC hit their highest mark with Egghead and Mad Hatter. For the main characters, I prefer the Mattel head sculpts.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

The initial Bruce and Dick release in this line up didn't excite me all that much, but these first season episode specific versions are a little more to my taste.
svl

Post by svl »

One of the FTC guys responded to me on FB about Alfred- "he (Alfred) is in the regular wave (suited)".

I'm all in for Alfred, but since I made my own Utility Belt Joker when he first came out I'll pass on him, and the B&D retreads leave me "meh". Waiting for that Otto...
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

And Tut!
batfan67

Post by batfan67 »

I'm in for the Alfred in his suit when he comes out with the next wave. I have no interest in the EE exclusives. I haven't bought any of the variants either,though I have been tempted. I'm like the rest of you guys, give me Otto and Tut!

Mike
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Pretty Sharp.
Meule

Post by Meule »

Not a big fan of retreads, but I'm all in for Alfred... And Otto and King Tut when they're released
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

That Wayne sculpt really missed the mark. FTC attempt to be "Mego-like" should not mean inaccurate. A trip to the Mego Museum's gallery reveals several of their actor sculpts were fairly strong, so if anything, the Wayne head is more like the 70s knock offs than Mego's quality.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Robin_78

Post by Robin_78 »

Hi all,

Just joined the forum, so this will be my first post here.

I've just started collecting the FTC figures and already have a fair few of them. So far I've been pretty impressed. Although I'll buy them all just to have a complete set, I'm not so sure about some of the 'so called' exclusives. Getting very repetitive and a bit of a con with minor accessories added to previously released figures like a utility belt, eye mask, etc...... A bit of collector exploitation going on there.

Another one would be the newly announced 'Batman for Mayor' Toycade exclusive. Apart from the money aspect, why not just release a series of all new figures as exclusives? Certainly shake it up and make things that bit more interesting.