Figures Toy Company Next waves?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Yellow Oval

Re: Figures Toy Company Next waves?

Post by Yellow Oval »

With the exception of issuing a False-Face figure I think this line has officially bottomed out. Otherwise, where does it end? What's next? Bowl-haircut Dick Grayson? Bruce Wayne in a turtleneck? Chief O'Hara in his dress suit dinner jacket w/ medals? Alfred as the hippie? The servants and/or female students of Lord Marmaduke Ffogg? This thing could go on forever..... The essentials have been issued and for me that's where I'm stopping.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

I like the Egghead, King Tut and Mad Hatter ones. I do enjoy the variants for the most part, as long as the outfits are very different. The one I am most waiting for is Jockey Penguin. After him, I think I'll have all the variants I could want. We still need the two Catwomen (Julie and Eartha) and I also vote for a False Face (or a whole wave of him in his different get ups)

I don't think the likeness is available, but I still wish a Commissioner Gordon, Clock King, Olga, Siren, Louie The Lilac, Sandman, Black Widow, Archer and Marsha could be made. They'd all make very cool looking figures. George as Mr. Freeze is also on my want list. I'd even settle for Otto wearing the helmet if it was all they could. At least the first appearance space looking suit would be in our collection some how.
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

Catwoman and False Face are about it I think, too. Clock King could be done, his likeness has been used. Would love a line of goons for he big villains, Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, Tut. Egghead and Hatter's henchmen can be easily put together from FTC's parts area.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

TBolt wrote:Would love a line of goons for he big villains...
or a range of black turtlenecks...

Goons by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

need the tiger print coats, hats and vest turtle neck combos for Catwoman and Joker. The Stooges and Stanley would work better as Joker henchmen. :)
To the Bat-Elephant!!
Chynna22

Post by Chynna22 »

I finally had a chance to sit down and look at my three new figures: Barbara Gordon, Chief O'Hara, and Batgirl. Based on the comments made about Batgirl, I expected to the worst, but I was pleasantly surprised. She looked a great deal better than the prototype. I didn't bother getting the latest Batman, the one with the removable cowl--I feel that character has been beaten to death in this line, so I stopped with the first one and his Bruce Wayne counterpart. As far as the next group, based on the packaging and what I have read, I know we will be getting both the Eartha Kitt and Julie Newmar Catwoman; the question is, will they put them both in the same series or space them out among several other series? I am hoping Figures still produces an Eli Wallach and George Sanders Mr. Freeze--they are both so different from the Otto Preminger, and truth-be-told, Eli Wallach is my favorite Mr. Freeze. Of course, if the company does that, I might suspect a John Astin Riddler as well. Figures could get double use out of that figure--dressed in the Riddler costume and then re-purposed as Gomez Addams for a line of Addams Family figures. Given my love for Anne Baxter, the same can be done for Zelda the Great and Olga, Queen of the Cossacks figures--I love the thought of an Olga figure with that fur hat and metallic orange dress. False Face and Black Widow are also on my wish list--that would be 9 more figures, so for #10 it would be a toss-up among Clock King, Archer, Minstrel, and Aunt Harriet (all I can think of are "her" legs dangling over the boiling oil in Zelda's lair.) With an even 10 figures, Figures could release 2 sets of 5 or figure out 2 more figures and do three sets of 4 for an even dozen. (Siren, anyone?) That's just my two-cents' worth. Feel free to chime in.

Steve
Better Living Through Godzilla
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Four more variants
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (117.63 KiB) Viewed 6259 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (131.15 KiB) Viewed 6259 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (124.21 KiB) Viewed 6259 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (123.48 KiB) Viewed 6259 times
I like them!
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Therin of Andor

I was really only assuming just one more main wave of four: Newmar Carwoman, Kitt Carwoman and perhaps variants of older characters, presumably two main cast variants? (Alfred in Batsuit?).

I wasn't expecting to hear of more all-new face sculpts and license agreements at this point. (I was pleasantly surprised when the Catwomen started appearing on the cardbacks.) A generic female head with Robin costume might make an interesting Molly, but they'd still need likeness approvals for the card back. Jockey Penguin would be fun!

It was announced that an exclusive Wedding Gown Barbara was coming, but she's not in an actual wave-of-four, I didn't think.
Therin of Andor

Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Wedding gown Barbara is out on Ebay
Chynna22

Post by Chynna22 »

Too many variants! I can barely keep up with--and afford--the regular figures.

Steve
Better Living Through Godzilla
Therin of Andor

Chynna22 wrote:Too many variants! I can barely keep up with--and afford--the regular figures.
I am not usually a collector of variants. (If they sold the extra outfits separately, I'd buy those instead.) Luckily, I don't think of variants as compulsory. I am guessing that the "Batman '66" variants are made in much lesser quantities because most people are happy with one of each character? In my Playmates and Art Asylum "Star Trek" collecting days, I often skipped uniform variants or thought of them as useful customizing fodder (eg. Lore's torso as the base for a Pakled figure, and "Flashback" Janeway as the base for numerous female crew.)

But I have bought Beach Babe Barbara Gordon to use the figure's head on a "Star Trek" Marta custom! (I put her swimmers into her beach bag!) I have ordered Removable Cowl Batman because I missed Bruce Wayne when his wave came out (I have a nice suit ready for him), and Mad Hatter wants to paint the removable cowl bright pink! Suited Riddler Exclusive was a must-have purchase (whatver the price!), and gave me the regular Riddler in my collection to customize as John Astin.

Egghead's new green coat and delivery-boy beret are soooo tempting!
Szabol wrote:Wedding gown Barbara is out on Ebay
I know.... Sigh.

Bride Barbara by Ian McLean, on Flickr
Therin of Andor

Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I'm thinking Wedding Barbie...er...Barbara may have more appeal than Librarian Barbara...if I could only pick one
Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

Can a King Tut in his mummy disguise be far behind?
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
Therin of Andor

My Batgirl Wave arrived this afternoon!

Very happy. Batgirl has no problems and was even posed well in the bubble! I plan to give the Removable Cowl a coat of radioactive pink paint, so I gave this Bruce a spare grey double-breasted "Stooges" suit (I didn't collect Bruce when I had the chance a few years ago).
Therin of Andor

Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

When you see how well they did with egghead and mad hatter, it's shocking that they could do so poorly with Barbara Gordon.