Figures Toy Company Next waves?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
BATWINGED HORNET

Re: Figures Toy Company Next waves?

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

TBolt wrote:
BATWINGED HORNET wrote:That is a horrible Bookworm. That head sculpt looks nothing lime McDowall, and if FTC could not clear the legal end to use his likeness, why try at all? It says something not too good that the eyes on Mego's Cornelius / Galen head looked more like McDowall's--with the ape-up in place--than FTC's version of the exposed face.

Tut...come on. That's not even trying.
If they are using his pic on the package then they have likeness rights, I think its the incorrect glasses throwing off his look. I'll judge them in person instead of over one picture.
Well, look at it this way. Mego's Tin Woddsman figure was pretty darn close to capturing Jack Haley's Tin Woodsman character, and that line was released in 1975. Look at any single photo of the figure, and it is easy to see just how close the head sculpt was, so I do not believe it is difficult to make the same assessment of the Bookworm or Tut sculpt.
Beneath Wayne Manor
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

you were questioning likeness rights and I pointed out that they do have them if they are using the actor images on the packaging. I'll reserve judgment on Bookworm when I see him. I think those off model glasses are hiding a decent sculpt. Tut looks Tut like to me, he could stand to be on a lot fatter body, tho.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I wonder if these figures will spawn a cottage industry of better accessories and likenesses?
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Szabol wrote:I wonder if these figures will spawn a cottage industry of better accessories and likenesses?
Funny you should say that buddy, I was thinking the exact same thing the other day when I was dusting some of my collection and had to pay particular attention to Adam figure that Wes at Classick Plastick made.
wally wingert

Post by wally wingert »

I can't seem to find any pre-order info for these figs.
rajung

Post by rajung »

I don't do the Facebook thing, but that's where they have pic's,and yes, I still have a land line and a busy signal.
simm

Post by simm »

For the most part, this line has FAR exceeded my expectations. They hit home runs with the sculpts of Mad Hatter, Shame, Penguin and Freeze. Sure Tut could be fatter, but then you run into issues with fitting it into packaging carrying cases etc. That can be fixed by just stuffing some filler under his cloak. I'll wait for a personal inspection of Bookworm before rendering a final verdict. Heck, we've even gotten variations of the Joker, pink cowl and an accessory set that is scale. Can't wait for the Batcave reissue either. Overall, I'm not going to moan about FTC's efforts. IMO, it's been one of the best of the entire '66 merchandise line of the last year or so.
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

AndyFish wrote:Mad Hatter is still the figure to beat (IMO) but that Otto might do it.
Flaws aside, I love them! Let me PRe ORDeR now!! ;)
Yes, the Otto rocks!
Lou Szabo

Removable cowl Batman photos

Post by Lou Szabo »

http://13thdimension.com/exclusive-firs ... batman-66/
Removable cowl
Removable cowl
Brand new removable cowl West
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Finally!
Now we can toss those awful sculpted on versions-- this is great!

Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

And one more
image.jpg
Meule

Post by Meule »

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
droboogie

Post by droboogie »

The article also mentions that Wave 5 will include Batgirl and Chief O'Hara, along with this removable cowl Batman and, presumably, one other. It should be out by Christmas, although with as many announcements as FTC has made recently, I cannot believe they will get everything out by year-end.
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

I'll pass, the big cowl makes him look like a lollipop.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
svl

Post by svl »

Love it. FTC releases just get better and better.

Also in this series, O'Hara and........ BATGIRL!!!!