Batgirl 3 pack & Batcave ToysRUs exclusives

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
riddler123

Re: Batgirl 3 pack & Batcave ToysRUs exclusives

Post by riddler123 »

Perhaps this is why they are not selling and why we are not getting Mr Freeze, Egghead, King Tut, Bookworm etc
floatinjoe

Post by floatinjoe »

All our store had was a few Surf's Up Jokers, and I think there was a Penguin. No Batman, No Robin, No Batgirl!
To The Batpoles!

Post by To The Batpoles! »

I have a question for anyone who got their Single Batgirl directly from Comic-Con this year. I picked up a Batgirl from TRU over the weekend. There were about 15-20 of them. EVERY single one of them had 4 pieces of 1" Tape on the top and bottom corners of the package. These pieces of tape just did not appear to look like they were supposed to be there for some reason, and I was wondering if everyone else's Batgirl has the same 4 pieces of tape on their packages?

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!
TysonL

Post by TysonL »

To The Batpoles! wrote:I have a question for anyone who got their Single Batgirl directly from Comic-Con this year. I picked up a Batgirl from TRU over the weekend. There were about 15-20 of them. EVERY single one of them had 4 pieces of 1" Tape on the top and bottom corners of the package. These pieces of tape just did not appear to look like they were supposed to be there for some reason, and I was wondering if everyone else's Batgirl has the same 4 pieces of tape on their packages?

=Frank=
Mine does have the tape. There are 4 pieces, they are on the sides but still technically the top and bottom of the sides.
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

Tyson,

Did you actually buy yours in San Diego at the Con? I think that's what To The Batpoles! is asking.

I bought mine when TRU first made her available, post-comic con, on their website. Mine also has the tape in question.

-Jeremy
Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!
Technical Artist & Designer
Facebook: Burke Studio
eBay: jerburke http://www.ebay.com/usr/jerburke?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Etsy: BurkeStudio
Instagram: BurkeStudio
TysonL

Post by TysonL »

burkestudio wrote:Tyson,

Did you actually buy yours in San Diego at the Con? I think that's what To The Batpoles! is asking.

I bought mine when TRU first made her available, post-comic con, on their website. Mine also has the tape in question.

-Jeremy
If only- TRU Website, but from what I saw online they were the same thing at the Con.
To The Batpoles!

The tape, I guess is supposed to be there, however it just seems as though they were all done very poorly, and with a frosty tape instead of the super clear tape they seem to normally use.

Thanks for your help gentlemen!

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!
TysonL

Post by TysonL »

Just a heads up if anyone still wanted these they are on sale on the TRU website right now.
riddler123

Post by riddler123 »

Not seen the batmobile or batcave available anywhere
To The Batpoles!

Ok, so this week I found the Single Carded Batgirl figures at my local TRU and the ALL had NO TAPE on them what so ever! Now I am even more confused about them!

=Frank=
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I make it a point not to eat at chain restaurants but my wife's family doesn't have the same uptight attitude I do so I found myself at a large upscale shopping plaza with about an hour to kill so in an effort to get my mandatory six mile daily walk or run in I decided to check out the Toys R Us-- I've not been in one since my kids were little (long time ago) and boy what a difference! Information overload.

They did have a fair selection of '66 Batman stuff-- the usual suspects, the car with figures, the 3 pack, the Batcave set--- I passed on the stuff I didn't have-- I just wasn't impressed. I'm happy we got the four main villains and Batman but I'm getting way too old for toys (never thought I'd say that-- and laughable if you look around where I'm typing). I did pick up a POP! Figure of Howard the Duck since my wife is doing the second issue, but the Mattel Batman line is done for me as I think it is for them. Although if I find a single Batgirl for about half what it's listed at now I might spring for it.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

I'm not much on chain restaurants either. I find the links hard on the teeth!

I've discovered I'm leaning more towards Hot Toys, NECA, and Sideshow for the well-detailed larger figures and statues. Still, I enjoy collecting all other Bat-items as it's simply for the collection display (or 'museum' as some friends have remarked). However, I've become very selective about what I pick up as there is so much useless stuff out there now stamped with a bat, or a joker face, or what have you. Just like TV and film they are really saturating the hero market. To the point where I'm actually missing the more simpler times of the '60s and '70s where comics were found on your local drugstore magazine shelf, Mego figures looked cool in the Sears Christmas Wishbook, you could easily buy the Corgi Batmobile and Batboat from your local K-Mart's toy section, the simple old Collegeville Halloween costumes were the whole world to us that one evening of the year, and you'd order your hero items with excited anticipation through the comic page ads. That, and Hostess Cakes were still considered A-OK by Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman! :lol: In any event, like everything else in society, there's just so much now it's overload.

Returning to the subject at hand, I've already got a standalone Batman, a Surf's Up Batman, and Batman (along with Robin) sitting in the Mattel Batmobile. Why on Earth would I buy a 4th Batman and 2nd Robin just to obtain a Batgirl? Overload again? Not happening! Truth be told, I'm not all that impressed with the Mattel line. I find most of the figures just do not look like their TV counter-parts. The Batmobile is pretty good, although how they missed the parachute handle I'll never know. So far, I find Mattel only hit the mark with the cowl and utility belt replicas. Add to that DC items are scarce at TRUs up here. Disney, Marvel, and Star Wars seem to have cornered the toy section.

(By the way, talking comic ads, did anyone ever use the Superman/Batman coupon way, way back when to visit Palisades Park?)
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I have yet to see the batgirl single pack anywhere. Not even a peg for it
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
TysonL

Post by TysonL »

I was at my local TRU and they had the 3 pack on clearance for $29.99 if anyone is still looking for it. I would think other locations would be the same.
Nick Charles

Post by Nick Charles »

TysonL wrote:I was at my local TRU and they had the 3 pack on clearance for $29.99 if anyone is still looking for it. I would think other locations would be the same.
Thank you!!!! Based on your post I went to my local TRU and found the same and finally bought it. $50 was way too rich for my blood but $30 is a price I can live with.

At this price they will likely disappear from shelves soon and then collector prices take over so this would be the time to buy if anyone is on the fence.