Batgirl 3 pack & Batcave ToysRUs exclusives

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
burkestudio

Re: Batgirl 3 pack & Batcave ToysRUs exclusives

Post by burkestudio »

scottmandew wrote:
burkestudio wrote:
scottmandew wrote:I tried to order the "To the Batcave" set a couple days ago and the TRU website only gave me to "pick up in store" option. Sadly, no store within 50 miles of my house (their largest search option) was carrying the set. I just checked again today and I was able to add it to my cart and checkout. So it's on its way! Yay me!
Awesome!! You were starting to make me feel bad that I had ordered and received 2 of the Batcave sets. :)
-Jeremy
Oh no... I was just happy I could finally order it. I saw them coming onto ebay (and Amazon) for more than twice the TRU price and I was getting scared. I thought I would end up either spending way too much or just having to do without.

I'm just happy you were able to order it. I was having difficulty with the "add to cart" button not even showing up on their website. :roll:
Did you also order the 3-pack?
Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!
Technical Artist & Designer
Facebook: Burke Studio
eBay: jerburke http://www.ebay.com/usr/jerburke?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Etsy: BurkeStudio
Instagram: BurkeStudio
scottmandew

Post by scottmandew »

No, I didn't bother with the 3 pack, because I bought the single Batgirl figure when TRU made it available. I usually end up taking these out of the packages anyway (gotta play with them a little bit!) so I didn't want to spend the dough on it. But all the little accessories in the Batcave set made it worth it to me. I sure wish these toys had been available back in the day... and I'm sure glad they're available now!
We thought we'd have to teach our son about the world. Turns out we have to teach the world about our son. They see a boy who cannot speak. We see a miracle who doesn't need words.
http://www.ourjourneywithoneofgodsmirac ... gspot.com/
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Scott I am with you. I think the 3 pack looks like 3 individual packs with a cardboard wrapper.

I think it's great that they provide several ways to obtain Robin.
Wonder if they'll make the Batgirl cycle as pictured on the rear?
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

At this point, the 3-pack for me would be a buy strictly for the packaging. And at the moment, that price point is bit too high. I would be very interested if the price were to drop. Clearance perhaps???
scottmandew

Post by scottmandew »

We can only hope. That'd be a great way to display Batgirl!
By the way, do you have any idea how hard it is explaining to a 4 year old that these Batman toys need to stay on the shelf and that he can't play with them? Someday my wife is going to walk in on me and little Jack in a tug-of-war over a Batman figure. "Mine! Mine! Mine!"
We thought we'd have to teach our son about the world. Turns out we have to teach the world about our son. They see a boy who cannot speak. We see a miracle who doesn't need words.
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

scottmandew wrote:We can only hope. That'd be a great way to display Batgirl!
By the way, do you have any idea how hard it is explaining to a 4 year old that these Batman toys need to stay on the shelf and that he can't play with them? Someday my wife is going to walk in on me and little Jack in a tug-of-war over a Batman figure. "Mine! Mine! Mine!"
:lol:
I have a 5 year old and 3 year old cousins. I think I finally got it thru to the 5 year that all of Jeremy's "toys" stay on the shelves.
I did buy him some "cheaper" kid friendly Batman toys for him to play with, that stay at my house.
However, he is now watching the 66 Batman Series with me. So the the "kid friendly" Batman toys aren't good enough, since he know's there's a whole room at my house with 66 Batman toys in it. LOL!!!
KustomJeff

Post by KustomJeff »

I play with ALL of my toys, I only have one still in the box and that is my spare Batmobile I picked up a while back when Walmart.com had it on clearance for $20. I keep it in the package so it's in good shape when I finally break something on my other one doing some of these photo shoots. :-P I just got my Batcave set and am about to open it. I bought the Batgirl from ebay, somebody bought the 3 pack and was selling the figures separately to make a little money I guess or maybe he got it just to get Robin or something. I'm not sure, but I scored Batgirl for a lot less than the 3 pack price. It should be here next week when I'm out of town (of course).

On to the Batcave set, so far I lie it, but the phone is more in scale with my Mego size figures so it'll probably get used with them. Also the box lies, it says "batcomputer +15 accessories. they use the word accessories VERY loosely. I count 13 plus a poster and stand. Oh well, no one expects marketing people to be brutally honest. :-P I know of a small pretty much basketball sized cave in town that I think I'm going to use to set up a batcave scene. This is a pic of the cave with my Figures Co. heroes. I think I can make it work.

ImageIMG_6992 by Kustom Jeff, on Flickr
I'm on Instagram as kustomjeff if you want to see more toy pics and some motorcycle stuff too. :-P
scottmandew

Post by scottmandew »

Love that pic, KustomJeff! I never bought the Figures Toys 66 Batman stuff, although now I wish I had. I may end up tracking them down yet. I did buy their re-Mego figures since I had those when I was a kid. They mysteriously vanished years ago when I was away at college. Thanks, Mom...! Also, I added their Commissioner Gordon and Alfred figures since I'd always wished for those when I was a kid. Now I just need to get a good spot ready for them to all go up on a shelf.
Back on topic, though... I was in my local Toys R Us this morning and they had 2 of the 3-packs. Is the Batman head sculpt different?
KustomJeff

Post by KustomJeff »

scottmandew wrote:Love that pic, KustomJeff! I never bought the Figures Toys 66 Batman stuff, although now I wish I had. I may end up tracking them down yet. I did buy their re-Mego figures since I had those when I was a kid. They mysteriously vanished years ago when I was away at college. Thanks, Mom...! Also, I added their Commissioner Gordon and Alfred figures since I'd always wished for those when I was a kid. Now I just need to get a good spot ready for them to all go up on a shelf.
Back on topic, though... I was in my local Toys R Us this morning and they had 2 of the 3-packs. Is the Batman head sculpt different?

Just an FYI, Figures still has all of their 66 figures available and are releasing more. They've even featured a few of my pics of their toys on their Instagram page.
I'm on Instagram as kustomjeff if you want to see more toy pics and some motorcycle stuff too. :-P
WishItWas1984

Post by WishItWas1984 »

Looks like TRU does not have the exclusive on the 3-pack and Batcave. Makes sense now that I think about it. No "TRU Exclusive" stickers on the boxes in TRU. FYI, BBTS is a good shop. I've ordered many times from them. Their "Pile of Loot" system is dangerous. :)

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
scottmandew

Post by scottmandew »

Got my To the Batcave set in the mail today. Love it!
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

scottmandew wrote:Got my To the Batcave set in the mail today. Love it!
Awesome!!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Was wondering through my local TRU the other night- they had Surfer Batman, The Batmobile and the 3pack on the shelf but I passed on everything. I've cooled to the line and don't care about Batgirl.
svl

Post by svl »

Got my "To The Batcave" boxes today. One of the coolest sets ever, totally thrilled with it.

Have "Bruce Man" holding the Bat Radio next to the Bat Computer (with Batphone & Bust on the shelf), gave Robin the Batzooka to hold in the Batmobile while Batman has the Bathorn in the Batmobile to warn the kids at Woodrow Roosevelt High to stay in school, and Surf's Up Batman now holds a can of Shark Repellent to ward off those pesty sharks while he bests the Joker in the surfing contest.

It is AWESOME to be a kid again! :)
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

The fact Mattel did ZERO villains this time around made me sour on the line. I'd be shocked if its around next summer.