Batman '66 meets The Avengers

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
High C

Re: Batman '66 meets The Avengers

Post by High C »

Did anyone ever read this? I read a synopsis and the last two chapters and was kind of surprised (appalled?) that the twist ending almost completely copied the ending of an arc from another superhero show, I mean almost exactly.

I mean, the banter between the members of the two duos was fine, but the ending.

Any thoughts?
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

:lol: Read them? I hardly glance at them lol :lol:
Music. BAT! Music.
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

I read the first three issues, then stopped, they just were not doing it for me...the writers just didn't capture the charm that Diana or Patrick brought to the show...
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
mattman

Post by mattman »

Like the idea of a crossover as both were favourite shows of mine and both zany as a bag of orange zebras.

The first one should feature a known Batman villain. The Riddler sounds good but something tells me Tut would work.
The second story could be the Peter Bowles chatacter from Get-a-Way! , Ezdorf who had chameleon vodka. You could team him up with Russian diplomat Drobny and another Avengers villain- say, Boris from Who's Who???

Maybe a new villain, a mixture of a Gotham and 60s quintessential England called say, Grandfather Crime who with just weeks left to live, wants revenge on both parties discovers a hibernating fleet of Cybernauts under the Houses of Parliament