(Unfortunate) Eaglemoss Update

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
MarkWaid

(Unfortunate) Eaglemoss Update

Post by MarkWaid »

Hi, team. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I know we've all been enjoying the Eaglemoss Batmobile collection, especially the TV-related vehicles (I got the Catmobile and the "Not Yet He Ain't" Batcycle today, and they're terrific). Unfortunately, I was contacted today by Eaglemoss, who officially verified that the series ends with #85 in a few months. In terms of Batman '66 merch, this leaves only their Penguinmobile yet to be released.

My dreams of a Parachute Pick-Up Wagon (and of a comics-accurate 1967 Batgirl cycle) are, alas, now dashed. But, man, this line had a good run.
AndyFish

Re: (Unfortunate) Eaglemoss Update

Post by AndyFish »

Mark!
Welcome out from the bushes!
Very sad to hear the line is ending-- one of the best! They went well beyond what I thought they ever would, but yes we need a parachute van, a Pengy sub, the False Face Skeletalized Batmobile....
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Welcome to the board, Mark.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Greetings Mark, and welcome to the board as well. It's great to have you.

Believe it or not this comes as welcome news to me that they will be stopping at #85. I initially started collecting them back at the beginning when I understood the collection would be 80 vehicles. Imagine what I thought when they started going past that. Where would it end? They could have really dragged it out. "Number 210 is the red sports car parked on the street in episode ## when the Batmobile drives by it!" :lol: This could have literally gone on forever and we collectors only have so much room.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

MarkWaid wrote:In terms of Batman '66 merch, this leaves only their Penguinmobile yet to be released.
Also the #083 Black Widow Bike.

But no Lewis Wilson serial "Batmobile" :(
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Welcome to the board, Mark.

Any links to pics of the first TV Batcycle? I always preferred that one to the 2nd, more popular design.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Welcome to our board, Mark! It's a pleasure to have you.

That's a real bummer about Eaglemoss, but I suppose it had to end sometime having burnt through the "obvious" mass market hit vehicles.

It's ironic timing though, literally only yesterday I was commenting to Scott that each year so many magazine/collectible series launch and barely make it to issue #5 let alone issue #85.

All in all my hat is off to Eaglemoss, a company whose updates always excited me with their "deep cut" vehicle choices from the TV show. Even when Hotwheels secured the initial Batmobile license back 2006/7, never did I think we would see a Harley Davidson - Season One Batcycle!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote:Welcome to the board, Mark.

Any links to pics of the first TV Batcycle? I always preferred that one to the 2nd, more popular design.

Here you go:

Batman S01E22 - Not Yet, He Ain't - 0925.jpg
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

Gotta agree with all you guys. Never did I ever imagine we'd see any of these vehicles ever made. Let alone the 1966 Batman Vehicles, and then even the "deep cuts"!
Tip of the hat to Eaglemoss for sure!

-Jeremy
Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!
Technical Artist & Designer
Facebook: Burke Studio
eBay: jerburke http://www.ebay.com/usr/jerburke?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Etsy: BurkeStudio
Instagram: BurkeStudio
tenderheart bear

Post by tenderheart bear »

Hi all, I've finally re-registered after being on the old forum. I've been lurking for a while though.

The Eaglemoss collection has had a great run, and I don't think anyone ever thought we'd get such a range of Bat-vehicles. Hopefully there's still time to get the Batman V. Superman Batmobile into the set before it ends.

My favourites are, naturally, the '66 related ones. While not 100% screen-accurate, they're still very good and the amount dedicated to the show has been second to none. Sure, Hotwheels have done quite a few, and the '66 Batmobile is a dime-a-dozen with all manner of scales, finishes and variations to choose from. But Eaglemoss did the Catmobile, the first Bat-bike, the Jokermobile as well as the old favourites.

I've collected some of their partworks over the years, and was featured on Comicbook Resources. If you want to have a look at some (slightly out of date) pictures of the Batmobile collection, as well as various Hotwheels, Corgi's and other bits and pieces including my (also out of date) ''66 Batman stuff, please click the link...

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/20 ... om-the-uk/
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

tenderheart bear wrote:Hopefully there's still time to get the Batman V. Superman Batmobile into the set before it ends.
No offense Tenderheart, but I hope not. I'm somewhat of a completist when acquiring a collection and I don't want anything from Snyder's travesty of a movie in any part of my Bat-collection whatsoever.
tenderheart bear

Yellow Oval wrote:
tenderheart bear wrote:Hopefully there's still time to get the Batman V. Superman Batmobile into the set before it ends.
No offense Tenderheart, but I hope not. I'm somewhat of a completist when acquiring a collection and I don't want anything from Snyder's travesty of a movie in any part of my Bat-collection whatsoever.
We haven't seen it yet. I'm of the mind that it'll probably be quite average, but remain hopeful.

Apart from the Batmobiles from the 40's serials, we'll have ones from every live-action film. It'll be a shame in my view to finish the range without featuring the latest version. I'd certainly rather have the BvS Batmobile than the forthcoming Batman Returns one (which was identical the '89 version).

We've had 3 variations of the Tumbler, which is 1 too many. The camouflage and black versions should have been enough. We didn't need a camouflage one with rocket launcher too.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Actually T.B., upon reading your response and thinking about it I find I'm in agreement with you. I guess a Snyder "Batmobile" in the collection would serve as my example of how not to do it! :lol:
tenderheart bear

There's been some great representations of some truly awful Batmobile designs so far, so what's 1 more right? No. 21 - Detective Comics 456, No. 23 - Detective Comics 394 and No. 32 - Legends of the Dark Knight 64 are terrible designs.

I'd have loved the Batmobile from Judgment on Gotham based on Simon Bisley's artwork.
Dave from the UK

Post by Dave from the UK »

tenderheart bear wrote:There's been some great representations of some truly awful Batmobile designs so far, so what's 1 more right? No. 21 - Detective Comics 456, No. 23 - Detective Comics 394 and No. 32 - Legends of the Dark Knight 64 are terrible designs.

I'd have loved the Batmobile from Judgment on Gotham based on Simon Bisley's artwork.
I agree. That would have been awesome.