Diamond Unveils Shakespeare Bust at NY Toy Fair

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Mike Mulitsch

Re: Diamond Unveils Shakespeare Bust at NY Toy Fair

Post by Mike Mulitsch »

I love mine, it's all in perspective I guess?
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

Is this release a bust? Pun intended. Some mixed feelings. I'd send the one back if you are not satisfied.
Fig Newton

Post by Fig Newton »

Mine arrived today and I love it. But it may need to spend a few nights on the screen porch or in the garage. It has a very strong chemical/paint smell. Very strong. So strong that it was giving me a headache. But I get that it probably just came off the production line. He's in the backyard now.
FullSizeRender.jpg
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Does anyone have the measurement, or photos of this version and the Whizz Bang version or any other version side by side?
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

Yep, I of course had this ordered ages ago like everyone else and when it arrived, it was a mess. Chest pushed in and rippled vinyl on the face like Ricks.
I contacted them and they went back to the vendor and Diamond claimed it was part of the design!

Back it went.

Just once I would like to have some bat product that I didn't have to freakin' make myself !!!
Attachments
DSC_0474.JPG
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Boy oh boy Chuck, that looks hideous. I was on the fence on this one. I think this just knocked me off of that fence. You know, its funny how they would claim thats part of the design when so many fans of the show know better than to accept that BS answer for poor quality. Shame on D.S.!
floatinjoe

Post by floatinjoe »

I wonder if they're going to hit any brick & mortars... I haven’t seen them in stores. Might have to inspect it prior to purchase. It's a shame, because I really wanted one of these.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

rickrickrick wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:08 pm
svl wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:17 am Corrective note- the good news is your right cheek isn't dented, it's supposed to be that way- I just looked over my WB bust (which has a "dimple" on the right cheek) and it looks like they copied that instead of the original from the show. :)
Not according to the product photos the manufacturer has posted online. Ditto the collapsed chest - they are anomalies.

No, the white "button" is merely cosmetic. The bank has a twist open cover on the bottom.

BTW, the base and the top part of the bank are completely different materials - the top is vinyl, but the column is some rigid plastic.

RRR
the chest depression may be necessary to have the head meet the chest.
I wonder if some warm water might soften it enough to push out the chest from the inside
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
rickrickrick

Post by rickrickrick »

Chuck Williams wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:59 am Yep, I of course had this ordered ages ago like everyone else and when it arrived, it was a mess. Chest pushed in and rippled vinyl on the face like Ricks.
I contacted them and they went back to the vendor and Diamond claimed it was part of the design!
Bah, humbug! It's obvious that some lucky people (AP??) have received them WITHOUT pushed in cheeks, so the argument that it's by design is utter rubbish. I have lost SO much respect for Diamond Select over this. Endless delays, then the QC on these is terrible, and they seem to want to take no responsibility for it. Not like the company I'm used to dealing with, which has, in the past, done great work and had good customer service.

Such a shame!

RRR
The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

Agree 100% Rick!

Except for the chest cave in, the side of the face is hard to see when in the box.

Lou, It looks more like the head has "settled" into the chest. The point in front isn't completely flush with the base.

To me, when you see photos of the prototype, the top button is almost on the same plane as the bottom and looks like a round button but in the finished piece, you see the full round bottom button and the top button is an oval from the angle you are seeing it at. That's what made me regard it as a flaw.

Yes, it is a real let down especially after that long of a wait...

Chuck...

rickrickrick

Post by rickrickrick »

I'm thinking their display piece was a different material, something more rigid than the vinyl used in production. It's been on display since 2016 without having a collapsed chest. Clearly, every photo of production pieces I've seen has the same concavity to the chest area that is not on the display piece. And, just to rub their noses in it, here is the manufacturer's own photo of the bust - no, there is NOT a dimple in the center of the cheek by design!

RRR
ShakespeareBustBank1F.jpg
ShakespeareBustBank1F.jpg (36.15 KiB) Viewed 7022 times
The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

Bastaaads!

LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

Junk is Junk. This sounds like it is. Sad for an item that took so long to produce.
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Mine also has these distinct areas of concern. Image
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

HHMMM... I just don't understand it.