Diamond Select Batman resin statue

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
johndeblasi

Re: Diamond Select Batman resin statue

Post by johndeblasi »

Some places show they have them in stock, but my pre-order still is not in. frustrating!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

The zombie eyes and the blank expression leave me cold, it gets a pass from me.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Price is right, but as anyone who knows me here, I don't buy things just because it is Adam West Batman. I know what they were going for with the pose, but it comes off to me as Batman doing pilates.
Music. BAT! Music.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Yeah, its a very unimpressive statue. Most of the wave of toys and statues based on West are rather poor in the likeness department.
Beneath Wayne Manor
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

The 13th Dimension blog posted a photo of the sculpt, and it becomes apparent there is a better statue lurking underneath that paint job (much like some of the character statues from the WB Studio Store that I owned in the '90s). He still looks a little stiff/bored, but the likeness and detail is much better than the final product.
Attachments
Batman-full-figure-768x863.jpeg
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

mwilbury wrote:The 13th Dimension blog posted a photo of the sculpt, and it becomes apparent there is a better statue lurking underneath that paint job (much like some of the character statues from the WB Studio Store that I owned in the '90s). He still looks a little stiff/bored, but the likeness and detail is much better than the final product.
Totally agreed, although it baffles me that if you can't "nail" the Master-Paint, I almost dread to see one of the final market versions in person. That's not true for every product admittedly, but in this case the shape and proportion of the cowl sculpt coupled with a dubious paint job totally detracts from an otherwise fairly cool and very "Adam" pose/physique.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Sculpt is great except for the expression. This is likely a case of looking at one set of photographs for the body and another for the face. They don't match.
Paint wise, the hardest thing is making the eyes work under the cowl, as we see with many artists working on Batman '66 done wrong and it looks goofy.
danbar

Post by danbar »

I was very pleased with my when I received it. I see all of the little things that everyone else has pointed out, but overall, it is a very impressive statue. Other than the face being a bit too orange, I think they did a great paint job. Here are pics of mine.
Attachments
Batman1.jpg
Batman1.jpg (17.52 KiB) Viewed 2789 times
Batman2.jpg
Batman2.jpg (16.48 KiB) Viewed 2789 times
Batman3.jpg
Batman3.jpg (18.47 KiB) Viewed 2789 times
Batman4.jpg
Batman4.jpg (17.63 KiB) Viewed 2789 times
Batman5.jpg
Batman5.jpg (18.27 KiB) Viewed 2789 times