MOEBIUS PENGUIN MODEL KIT UPDATE

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
COPPRODUCTIONS

MOEBIUS PENGUIN MODEL KIT UPDATE

Post by COPPRODUCTIONS »

Received an update today from Moebius models and the Penguin model kit WILL be leaving China shortly for arrival in US stores in early to mid-August.
And like the Catwoman kit, a small penguin prop is included, along with parts to have the umbrella in an open position.
Sculpt by Jeff Yagher, box art by Cristopher Franchi. I'm not sure who did the build-up, most likely David Fisher or Saul Alvarez. Moebius is HOPING to have Robin and the Riddler in stores shortly after, most likely late September. :)
Thanks for looking!
Tom
Alfredo

Re: MOEBIUS PENGUIN MODEL KIT UPDATE

Post by Alfredo »

Looks great! Love the box art!
Aussie Batfan

Post by Aussie Batfan »

Very nice. Quick question - did the TV series ever use real penguins in the show? Mmm - were they in the movie??
As soon as I saw the penguin on the kit I immediately thought of Danny DeVito rather than Burgess....
Terry
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Aussie Batfan wrote:Very nice. Quick question - did the TV series ever use real penguins in the show? Mmm - were they in the movie??
As soon as I saw the penguin on the kit I immediately thought of Danny DeVito rather than Burgess....
Terry
Oh no, that's definitely Burgess. Never for 1 second did I think DeVito.
Aussie Batfan

Post by Aussie Batfan »

Thanks - I didn't mean the likeness of Burgess as the Penguin.
I was referring to the real penguin in front of Burgess.... I don't recall any actual penguins being shown with Burgess in the series....
Terry
COPPRODUCTIONS

Post by COPPRODUCTIONS »

Terry; I think the penguin statue in the kit is supposed to be the "tabletop" prop from "Fine Feathered Finks", NOT a live penguin. I am NOT proficient at screengrabs, maybe someone out there can back me up on this with an appropriate image. I am looking forward to this release very much; a friend of mine is an aftermarket decal producer and we plan to resize the decals from the old Aurora kit to create a shipping carton mimicking the one on the Aurora base. That little statue will look right at home in the diorama I am planning. :)
Tom
Pengy

Post by Pengy »

That is awesome. Great likeness to Burgess.
COPPRODUCTIONS

Post by COPPRODUCTIONS »

Pengy; it looks like your avatar IS from the sequence I was thinking of (and that Jeff probably used when doing the sculpt... :) )
Tom
COPPRODUCTIONS

Post by COPPRODUCTIONS »

Have heard from a reliable source that the kits are in port and should clear customs and be shipping by next week. Riddler tooling is nearly complete, and I'm hoping to have a test shot by early September to play with for an aftermarket project.
Tom
johndeblasi

Post by johndeblasi »

And Robin?
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

Joker and Batgirl haven't even been put out for pre order yet. How long you think it will be before the set is complete?
COPPRODUCTIONS

Post by COPPRODUCTIONS »

I exchanged emails with Frank from Moebius today and they are expecting Penguin kits TOMORROW in their warehouse in Florida. Not sure if Robin is on the water yet, but it should be soon. I do not believe the Joker sculpt has been started yet and I am not sure if the Batgirl styrene kit will be scaled down from the 1/5 resin kit or not (at one point there were going to be two different sculpts, but that may have changed.) Riddler should hit before Christmas unless there are a lot of revisions required. Best guess for the final two would be late 2017, but the BVS Batmobile is selling very well, the Batwing is coming in January and I'm guessing "Justice League" will be in the mix next year as well. Vehicles tend to sell better than figures and the studio RARELY requests changes when the prototypes are modeled directly from the digital files. So a vehicle may get "fasttracked" while figure modelers wait. So far, the wait has been worth it (for me anyway, your mileage may vary). :)
Tom
COPPRODUCTIONS

Post by COPPRODUCTIONS »

Well, I received my case from Moebius today, and I am TOTALLY gobsmacked by how cool this kit is!!! I was/am a HUGE fan of the AW Batman kit, but this time out, Moebius have just succeeded on all levels! For example, the optional open umbrella has each individual rib molded separately to duplicate the mechanism of a real umbrella (even though it is the backside and you will NEVER see it looking at the kit from the front. Not only that, but to my eye, the likeness on the plastic head parts is a bit better than the resin prototype we have seen painted up. And speaking of "eyes" a separate clear monocle is provided (CAUTION: it is loose in one of the bags of parts so I HIGHLY recommend locating it right off and taping it to the instructions so you don't lose it). It appears to be maybe punched from a very thin sheet of clear styrene and not molded, so the thickness is closer to scale. The kit is molded in white styrene, so shooting decent photos will be difficult until I can get some primer on it, but in the meantime, here is a link to a YouTube review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RaBF7CWDl8 I know that online retailers are already shipping, so it should be hitting brick and mortar hobby and comic book stores over the next couple of weeks. WELL worth the wait (IMHO; as always, your mileage may vary...) :D
Tom
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

Moebius told me on FB that Joker should be up for pre order in a few months. Hopefully it's true.
Alfredo

Post by Alfredo »

Great kit!...it's going together quickly. Very easy build and almost seamless. I'll try adding some Penguin Gas at the end of the umbrella .
Not sure how yet, maybe some stretched cotton.
... Trying to paint his fake nose slightly different shade too