Animated 66 Batman Movie: Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
elmrgraham

Re: Animated 66 Batman Movie: Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders

Post by elmrgraham »

You never know.
Aussie Batfan

Post by Aussie Batfan »

I am just so happy that Adam, Burt & Julie get another opportunity to relive their roles.
50 years on we're lucky that the three of them are even around to play the parts once more.
Whatever way the product turns out, I for one am thrilled to see the actors back on board for what will probably end up being the grand finale of our beloved series.
Terry
STP Swallowthispill

Post by STP Swallowthispill »

To give my honest opinion Adam sounds more like Mayor West from Family guy than Batman.
Not just the tone of his voice but the delivery of the lines seems more slower than Batman.
But who am I to say he is after all many years out of practice! :D
Good to have something better than the awful movies they do these days.

Charles
dell

Post by dell »

Aussie Batfan wrote:I am just so happy that Adam, Burt & Julie get another opportunity to relive their roles.
50 years on we're lucky that the three of them are even around to play the parts once more.
Whatever way the product turns out, I for one am thrilled to see the actors back on board for what will probably end up being the grand finale of our beloved series.
Terry
I agree Aussie; well said.
dell
Jthree

Post by Jthree »

Still wish we knew who the writer of this film is? I also wish we know more about the plot? This would have been a perfect time to introduce a sixties version of Poison Ivy and others. I know. I know. Some of you just want the classic villains focused on.

Also wish if we had knows about the second feature that was being planned?

James
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

STP Swallowthispill wrote:To give my honest opinion Adam sounds more like Mayor West from Family guy than Batman.
Not just the tone of his voice but the delivery of the lines seems more slower than Batman.
Charles
People need to stop comparing Adam to the mayor in this teaser. I have seen several things online regarding this. He was batman first, and will always be batman. Oh, the younger generation! Personally, I agree with others here. I am just happy to have these guys around to even be able to do this. Me, I am excited for this.
Hedji

Post by Hedji »

Aussie Batfan wrote:I am just so happy that Adam, Burt & Julie get another opportunity to relive their roles.
Terry
I love the way you put it. Was there any way any production made 50 years (!) later could seamlessly match the original tone? These are living legends, and we're fortunate this fun product will be on shelves as an alternative to things like The Killing Joke. I feel lucky I didn't watch family guy, because this sounds to me like Batman, not Mayor West.

And while we concentrate on the positives, how about Burt Ward's youthful voice!? Holy time in a bottle! He still sounds like the BOY Wonder! :lol: To my ears, either Burt's voice hasn't changed, or he's really giving it his all!
hobbybuilder01

Post by hobbybuilder01 »

Remember Adam is now in his 80s and that somewhat accounts for the voice being a bit different . Anything 60s related keeps our show viable.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Quite frankly, Adam's Mayor West always sounds like BATMAN to me. All in how you look at things I suppose?
Music. BAT! Music.
BatMite

Post by BatMite »

Batman65 wrote:
STP Swallowthispill wrote:To give my honest opinion Adam sounds more like Mayor West from Family guy than Batman.
Charles
People need to stop comparing Adam to the mayor in this teaser. I have seen several things online regarding this. He was batman first, and will always be batman. Oh, the younger generation! Personally, I agree with others here. I am just happy to have these guys around to even be able to do this. Me, I am excited for this.
It's not about how his voice sounds--it's about the inflections and delivery. He sounds exactly like Mayor West. One listen to the trailer and it's obvious his delivery is not the one he used in the Batman TV series. I've been an Adam West fan for 45 years. Pointing out this obvious difference doesn't lessen his accomplishments in any way...but I think a more straightforward '66 delivery would have been more appropriate.
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

This will be a first day purchase alright. What a strange and wonderful occourance in our world. My lifetime hero in a new movie 50 years later and it's the same actors and one of the villains. We are blessed indeed. Not many fans of any franchise get to experience something like that.

Han Solo last year, Batman this year, and Luke Skywalker next year. A wonderful three years for my personal fandom.
“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

I agree. I was so jelious of the Star Trek movies that came out with the original crew, Shatner et al...wish we could have gotten something like those instead of the Dark Knight stuff. But, now with this! Wowsers!
Music. BAT! Music.
The Joker

Post by The Joker »

Cannot wait for this release! Animation looks great -- bright and 66 Batman colorful. Sure Adam's voice sounds somewhat elderly -- he's in his late 80s for crying out loud. But it still sounds like Adam and Batman/ Bruce Wayne to me. I'm not a follower of the Family Guy series or Simpsons or whatever voice acting Adam has done in the past recent years so he just sounds like a more mature Batman to these ears -- and that's just fine with me.
In the end, I'd much rather have our one and only Adam West with older voice but same classic, familiar inflection and delivery voicing Batman than a younger man with a foreign voice attempting to mimic Adam.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

I wonder if they made their own version of the main title sequence?

I would love to see their version of the Batcave.
Beneath Wayne Manor
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

Well, it can't be TOO beholden to the format of the original show if they're going to outer space!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/artic ... ing-weapon
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."