Animated 66 Batman Movie: Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
quinn

Re: Animated 66 Batman Movie: Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders

Post by quinn »

John Mack wrote:
quinn wrote:That looks awesome!

But did I miss something? What's in the TV Dinner dessert that erodes the ropes?
You may be too young to remember those Swanson TV dinners in the aluminium trays. The desert, usually either tapioca or chocolate pudding, was like molten lava! It's an inside joke, much along the lines of the original series itself. One those MST3K things...you either get it, or you don't. Now, we've all got it lol!
Ah, I see! As much as I'm flattered by your comment about my age that's not the reason I didn't get the reference. I'm in the UK and I've never even seen a Swanson TV Dinner, in fact I don't even think any sort of TV Dinner existed here until well into the seventies.
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

Ah, but I don't think the animators did get it wrong, at least not the part where they exit the poles.

Note Robin's R is flipped. I think they drew it right but then the film editor got confused and flipped the print to "fix" what he thought was a continuity error, based on the confusing staging of the study-to-poles sequence. But then, having flipped the landing, they were stuck following through on the run to the car, with driver and passenger positions reversed.

On the other hand, that would mean they did draw the atomic pile on the wrong side, because if you flip the print back again and put Batman behind the wheel, you're relocating the pile to the other side of the cave.

Wow, if we're this obsessed with a few frames in the teaser, just think how many years of discussions we'll be getting out of the movie. :lol:
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

quinn wrote:
John Mack wrote:
quinn wrote:That looks awesome!

But did I miss something? What's in the TV Dinner dessert that erodes the ropes?
You may be too young to remember those Swanson TV dinners in the aluminium trays. The desert, usually either tapioca or chocolate pudding, was like molten lava! It's an inside joke, much along the lines of the original series itself. One those MST3K things...you either get it, or you don't. Now, we've all got it lol!
Ah, I see! As much as I'm flattered by your comment about my age that's not the reason I didn't get the reference. I'm in the UK and I've never even seen a Swanson TV Dinner, in fact I don't even think any sort of TV Dinner existed here until well into the seventies.
Well, I did look at your profile before I posted. No age or location. No offense meant mate. Yeah, they don't make the old Swanson things any longer. We now get our boiling lava from a microwave lol. Not sure when the TV dinners came out in the UK, but you could be correct on that date.
Music. BAT! Music.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

SprangFan wrote:Ah, but I don't think the animators did get it wrong, at least not the part where they exit the poles.

Note Robin's R is flipped. I think they drew it right but then the film editor got confused and flipped the print to "fix" what he thought was a continuity error, based on the confusing staging of the study-to-poles sequence. But then, having flipped the landing, they were stuck following through on the run to the car, with driver and passenger positions reversed.

On the other hand, that would mean they did draw the atomic pile on the wrong side, because if you flip the print back again and put Batman behind the wheel, you're relocating the pile to the other side of the cave.

Wow, if we're this obsessed with a few frames in the teaser, just think how many years of discussions we'll be getting out of the movie. :lol:
But in the next cut away, Batman's right arm selects the gear, then we see Batman driving in the correct position (for Gotham City)

On the other hand, I like the Sullivan show homage with the band!

Also, the villains seem to blend the 60's live action with the 60's animated, particularly thr Riddler.

As the Joker says "oh what fun!"
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5973626/ful ... t_ov_st_sm

Wally voices the Riddler.
No word on the Joker or Penguin or the Commisioner or ....Alfred, Chief O'Hara....
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

It's amazing this project happened at all, considering not too long ago the show was derided as ruining Batman.

As for the quality, I don't expect anyone else's interpretation of the series to match what interests me; sure they'll be some overlap but I figure it's best not to have high expectations. No doubt those who worked on it must love the show and I'll watch it as another take on the series. Who'd have thought we'd get at least one more story with Adam, Burt and Julie Newmar?

I figured the Misadventures of Adam & Burt was the finale the tv show never had.

But now we're getting another episode.

Sure, Adam sounds older but it's damn impressive he's doing this.

I may or may not like the finished product but that would most likely be due to my idiosyncratic tastes for the show, and not from the quality of the special.

I thought the crosswalk line was funny. Perhaps this will have more in common with the First Season of the show.

cheers
Jthree

Post by Jthree »

ronhallau wrote:Who knows, this and possible future movies could turn into season 4
does anybody have any idea if the second feature will go into production yet? I hope the plot will involve the return of the Siren, Eggface, Olga, Queen of the Cossacks , and Shame.

Love to see some of those other more obscure villains.

Three
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

I'd like to see the Sea Hag from the Topps trading card set be included. That would give elmr a thrill!

But you know what I find funny, is that they list Dozier and Finger as writers along with the writers who did this, yet they didn't include Hefti in the music credits. I hope they use our familiar villain cues, but that is probably way too much to ask for.

I am hoping that the fact Robin is driving the Batmobile means that it's a plot point. There is no way to flip that and make it any way close to correct. I just thought that since the DVD of the series preview had that flipped scene in it, maybe the same was happening here. The more I watch that preview, the more I think somebody goofed.
Music. BAT! Music.
Golddragon71

Post by Golddragon71 »

Jthree wrote:
ronhallau wrote:Who knows, this and possible future movies could turn into season 4
does anybody have any idea if the second feature will go into production yet? I hope the plot will involve the return of the Siren, Eggface, Olga, Queen of the Cossacks , and Shame.

Love to see some of those other more obscure villains.

Three
I'm just wishing Roddy McDowell had lived this long. no-one can do his voice justice, that i've ever heard and i was a huge fan of the Bookworm!
"Someone might be able to substitute for Batman, for a very short time, but no one could ever replace him!"
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Excellent observations John Mack and Golddragon71.
Jesusismysuperhero

Post by Jesusismysuperhero »

The excitement is building!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

It looks like the animated movie is set to premiere at New York Comic Con, followed by a panel with Adam, Burt, Julie and the producers.
http://13thdimension.com/batman-66-anim ... e-at-nycc/
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

A sequel would hopefully include Egghead, King Tut, Mad Hatter and Mr. Freeze as the villains and Batgirl added. Or maybe Mr. Freeze with non series villains like Scarecrow, Two Face and Poison Ivy.
Jthree

Post by Jthree »

rickkrefft wrote:A sequel would hopefully include Egghead, King Tut, Mad Hatter and Mr. Freeze as the villains and Batgirl added. Or maybe Mr. Freeze with non series villains like Scarecrow, Two Face and Poison Ivy.
Would love to see that also.

Amen brother. Amen
Jthree
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Me too.