Animated 66 Batman Movie: Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
redbird

Re: Animated 66 Batman Movie: Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders

Post by redbird »

Just got my copy over the weekend and I thought the animation was great.
Reminder me of the first 6 batman 66 comic book issues. Wayne manor artwork was right from the series. The into to the animated movie was superb as were the credits at the end. The story line started strong but lost me in the middle, then finished strong. My problem as others on this board have stated was Adam's voice, sounded more Mayor West than Batman. I am a huge fan of the
Original series, and understand the age factor...but I would have loved to hear Kevin Conroy and Loren Lester doing the voice naration of Batman and Robin..What do you think?
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

redbird wrote:I would have loved to hear Kevin Conroy and Loren Lester doing the voice naration of Batman and Robin..What do you think?
Replace Adam West and Burt Ward? :o Blasphemy! :!:
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

Adam West speeks on ROTCC. If I'm not mistaking at one point he seems to neerly slip up and hint of a possible 3rd movie or even more before correcting himself and saying, "I don't know how many we are going to do."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F2ss-b97tu4
Monstar

Post by Monstar »

I picked up the Steelbook from Target and was very pleased with it. I'm even thinking about going in on the UK blu-ray version with the art cards... Shame there isn't a US vendor (that I know of) that has it.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Monstar wrote:I picked up the Steelbook from Target and was very pleased with it. I'm even thinking about going in on the UK blu-ray version with the art cards... Shame there isn't a US vendor (that I know of) that has it.
Funnily enough I'm holding on another week or so until I'm in the US in order to purchase the Best Buy version with the comic.
Monstar

Post by Monstar »

I almost picked up the BB edition as well, but from what I understand it complies the first couple of issues from the Batman '66 comic, which I already have in a hardcover trade. The completeist is me is dying to pull the trigger on it though, LOL.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

redbird wrote:Just got my copy over the weekend and I thought the animation was great.
Reminder me of the first 6 batman 66 comic book issues. Wayne manor artwork was right from the series. The into to the animated movie was superb as were the credits at the end. The story line started strong but lost me in the middle, then finished strong. My problem as others on this board have stated was Adam's voice, sounded more Mayor West than Batman. I am a huge fan of the
Original series, and understand the age factor...but I would have loved to hear Kevin Conroy and Loren Lester doing the voice naration of Batman and Robin..What do you think?

Oh god no! I am so happy its original actors from the series, age or not, I wouldn't want it any other way.
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

Monstar wrote:I almost picked up the BB edition as well, but from what I understand it complies the first couple of issues from the Batman '66 comic, which I already have in a hardcover trade. The completeist is me is dying to pull the trigger on it though, LOL.
Actually it's a Batman '66 style comic of ROTCC.
Monstar

Post by Monstar »

The Boss wrote: Actually it's a Batman '66 style comic of ROTCC.
Really? I was under the impression by what was posted on Blu-Ray.com that it had some of the same contents as Batman 66 vol. 1. (like "The Riddler's Ruse")

If that's incorrect, then I'm definitely going to get it.
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

Monstar wrote:
The Boss wrote: Actually it's a Batman '66 style comic of ROTCC.
Really? I was under the impression by what was posted on Blu-Ray.com that it had some of the same contents as Batman 66 vol. 1. (like "The Riddler's Ruse")

If that's incorrect, then I'm definitely going to get it.
I stand corrected. It is a hard cover collection of Batman '66 issues (which is what I had hoped). I had yet to look at it because the box cover states, "INCLUDES 128- PAGE GRAPHIC NOVEL: BATMAN: RETURN OF THE CAPED CRUSADERS!" which I took as meaning that it was of ROTCC. Sorry for giving bad information.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

I bought it on its release and thoroughly enjoyed viewing it. My only disappointment was why they inexplicably replaced the iconic '66 Batboat and Batcopter with those very generic looking ones? :shock: I can't say I recognize them from any other series (and I own all of them except Beware the Batman) and it was - to me - a little disrespectful of the show this movie was based on in the first place. Other than that, as I said, it was a great effort. Wally was first-rate as the Riddler, Julie still has it (and will never, ever lose it), the Penguin and Joker were on and off I found. Sometimes Joker sounded just like Cesar and other times not, while the Penguin reminded me more of the Penguin's voice from the early 2000s' The Batman series rather than Burgess' version.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Yellow Oval wrote:I bought it on its release and thoroughly enjoyed viewing it. My only disappointment was why they inexplicably replaced the iconic '66 Batboat and Batcopter with those very generic looking ones? :shock: I can't say I recognize them from any other series (and I own all of them except Beware the Batman) and it was - to me - a little disrespectful of the show this movie was based on in the first place.
I discuss exactly that on this week's episode of The Batcave Podcast: https://secure-hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/d/b/c ... 88ae9bb297
Gadgeteer

Post by Gadgeteer »

Could anyone post pictures of the Best Buy book?
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

So I have to say, I love Wally's interpretation - right down to the rising voice at the end of the statements, a "Giddy Gorshin" trademark on that show.

I have it playing in the background and the voices get better with every play. Burt and Julie are great - and Adam gets younger as the movie plays - if that makes sense.

With Black Friday coming, these special editions may be discounted heavily so keep an eye out. I saw the Finding Dory will be down to $10 on Black Friday at Target.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
BatBrain

Post by BatBrain »

Got it from my wife for my birthday on the first and watched it last night. Animation was superb as expected. The three original cast were great! Glad they were able to get together. Wallys Riddler is great, and the joker and penguin portrayals, as someone else noted, I feel were on and off, but mostly pleasing. I loved some of the small things such as when all of the villains get out and we get to see all of those iconic faces, including some underrated ones! That was a very nice touch! Also, when Batman is dizzy and he sees all three catwomen. Very awesome tribute there! There are some small complaints I have though. I was very disappointed watching it when it gets around the middle and batman is doing strange things. Obviously that gets explained and eventually all makes sense, but in the moment, as a first time viewer, I could not pick up on that. That may sound like a good thing when discussing it, that they were able to surprise people, but I just saw it as confusing. Finally, the end credits were fantastic! They really made sure to include a lot of little nice touches in there! Overall a fantastic movie, and I look forward to anymore that are planned for the future!