Animated 66 Batman Movie: Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Lounge lizard

Re: Animated 66 Batman Movie: Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders

Post by Lounge lizard »

I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere on the board but there are video interviews with Adam and Burt on the 'Batman On Film' homepage.
Chynna22

Post by Chynna22 »

My Blu-ray copy came today from Amazon.com, and I am watching it now. The animation is better than I expected, but I'm having to get used to hearing Adam West's and Burt Ward's current voices. I am so used to their 1960s versions that it's a bit jarring to hear the new versions coming out of those iconic characters' mouths. The Riddler's voice is quite good.
Better Living Through Godzilla
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

To The Batpoles! wrote:Got mine!!!

=Frank=
That Steelbook looks great!

I don't recall that reverse batpole sequence they showed in the previews.

The movie has a great feel and look to it. I can't wait for more. Twoface will be fun.

The commission sounds like the 60's cartoon commissioner. Even Alfred's voice is familiar.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
High C

Post by High C »

deleted
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Got mine today, watched it tonite. Wally, if you're reading this, WOW, your Riddler just blew me away. Spot on in every aspect. Frank would be so proud of what you bought to the character. I enjoyed the movie, a little silly in some spots, but fun. I'm happy to have it.
Bat Username

Post by Bat Username »

Someone may have already mentioned it, but this release includes access to a synopsis for the previously announced Two-Face sequel. I won't post the details here since it's part of a survey that asks not to reveal any of the confidential information, but you can easily access the survey by following the link included on one of the film's insert cards. (The synopsis is fairly vague but does reveal who Two-Face will be teaming up with!)

It's also a good way of letting the studio know how much this release is appreciated by fans. I just wish there had been an option to request more bonus features (such as a commentary track) for the next Batman 66 release.

Incidentally, the survey appears to shed some light on why the original cover art was altered, as several of the questions ask if the artwork adequately conveyed that the movie would be animated rather than live action. The studio must have been worried that some people would mistake the release as a compilation of the tv show.

PS. Just in case anyone didn't receive a card in their bluray case, here's the link to the survey:

wba-listcommunity.com/BatmanRCC
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

IMO, nothing the words, "A NEW ANIMATED ADVENTURE!" couldn't have solved. But that's me.
Music. BAT! Music.
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

I watched my Blu-Ray last night, and noticed something funny that I missed in the Fathom screening: The Pow! Splat! sound effects in the early batfights are superimposed over the action, like they were in season 1 of the series, but those in the later fight sequences are full-frame, against solid-color backgrounds, as in seasons 2 & 3. A truly geeky touch for us die-hards!
Bat Username

Post by Bat Username »

John Mack wrote:IMO, nothing the words, "A NEW ANIMATED ADVENTURE!" couldn't have solved. But that's me.
It does seem odd they neglected to include the "animated original movie" text that has been on some of the previous DC animated titles, especially if they were that concerned about the artwork.
Jthree

Post by Jthree »

Bat Username wrote:Someone may have already mentioned it, but this release includes access to a synopsis for the previously announced Two-Face sequel. I won't post the details here since it's part of a survey that asks not to reveal any of the confidential information, but you can easily access the survey by following the link included on one of the film's insert cards. (The synopsis is fairly vague but does reveal who Two-Face will be teaming up with!)

It's also a good way of letting the studio know how much this release is appreciated by fans. I just wish there had been an option to request more bonus features (such as a commentary track) for the next Batman 66 release.

Incidentally, the survey appears to shed some light on why the original cover art was altered, as several of the questions ask if the artwork adequately conveyed that the movie would be animated rather than live action. The studio must have been worried that some people would mistake the release as a compilation of the tv show.

I can't find that synopsis. Can you give me a few more directions? And just who does Two Face team up with?
Jthree
PS. Just in case anyone didn't receive a card in their bluray case, here's the link to the survey:

wba-listcommunity.com/BatmanRCC
bat-rss

Post by bat-rss »

TO THE BATPOLES podcast (my brother and me) weighs in on "Return of the Caped Crusaders"

http://tothebatpoles.libsyn.com/046-ret ... -crusaders
"I'm half-demented with whimsical outrage!"
-- The Joker, in a line cut from "The Joker's Epitaph"
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I had to laugh during the survey when they felt the need to show us a picture to explain what is Animated and what is Live Action.

I filled it out-- maybe it helps maybe it doesn't. I do feel the box art wasn't right for the release, even though it's very nicely done. Had I seen this in stores with no clue what it was I would have thought it was a live action compilation.

It does amaze me that people buy this and then get home and complain that it's a cartoon, the reverse of what happened with Sony released the Batman serials with the illustrated images of Batman rather than photographs of the actors-- don't people read the back of the box when they pick it up or the description if they're buying it online? I can understand a momentary confusion but if you buy this (or the serials) and then get home and pop it in your player and are disappointed shame on you.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

It seemed clear to me that it was animated. Had I seen this in the store before I knew better, I think it would have been obvious, as the series had already been released and those were sitting on the shelves right next to this anyhow. By the way, I think the cover art conveyed it good. The series had pics of Adam and Burt on the cover, this had art work, and as Andy stated, the back of the box should have made it obvious. Speaking of the cover art, its good to see they corrected Robin's sleeve!
riddler123

Post by riddler123 »

I watched Return of the Caped crusaders on Saturday. I loved it so much I watched it again on Sunday. Glad they used as many villains as they could allbeit in non speaking roles.
My only critisism would be the odd words used in the batfights. I got the references to "rip" and "torn" but "pat"? and others were just a word salad.
The voice performances were great. Riddler sounded very like Gorshin. I also found Aunt Harriet very funny. It was pitched perfectly and I can't wait for the next one.

I wonder who will be joining Two Face. I assume Julie will be back.
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

Batman65 wrote:Hmmmm, Robin's sleeves sure look green to me! Glad to see they fixed it.
On the cover yes but, I noticed that the DVD main menu screen features the red sleeve version.