Trading cards

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Batken

Trading cards

Post by Batken »

With all the new merchandise being released why hasn't anyone put out a new set of trading cards ?
Jthree

Re: Trading cards

Post by Jthree »

Great idea. A couple of years ago, when the new Bat stuff was coming out, there was photos from some sort of company that was planning on releasing "cards," like Birthday or Holiday ones that were featuring the 66 series. I don't know what happened to them. Even since than I've kept my eyes open for them at the stores but I would welcome them, along with new trading cards.

Three
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I agree.
chetchumley

Post by chetchumley »

they did release a bunch of greeting cards a few years back..some were color..others b & w they even issued some in the art that was on all the mattel merchandise.i picked up a few b & w pics cards
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I'd love to see the TV series cards re-released like Topps did with the painted cards back in '89.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

AndyFish wrote:I'd love to see the TV series cards re-released like Topps did with the painted cards back in '89.
I'll second that! 8-)
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I,ll Third That.
Jthree

Post by Jthree »

chetchumley wrote:they did release a bunch of greeting cards a few years back..some were color..others b & w they even issued some in the art that was on all the mattel merchandise.i picked up a few b & w pics cards
Dear Chet:

What was the company that released those cards? Maybe I can track them down on Ebay?

Three
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Zazzle.com has tons of 66 related cards. 124 pages to be exact. Many 66 related.

http://www.zazzle.com/batman+cards
Music. BAT! Music.
Mr.Freeze

Post by Mr.Freeze »

Wish they'd release more View Master sets and hand puppets , too ;)
gothosmansion

Post by gothosmansion »

Everyone on here may have already know about these, but I thought I would mention them anyway. Well, they aren't trading cards, but there is a set of Batman 66 playing cards from the series. They are pretty cheap, but the image quality isn't all that great. I was still happy with them, though. Oh, and I think the cards do not feature any Batgirl images, just in case anyone wondered.
batman66playingcards61rSirN-XiL.jpg
batman66playingcards61rSirN-XiL.jpg (69.53 KiB) Viewed 6444 times
There are also some Batman retro playing cards that have a mix of classic cover images and Jose Luis Garcia Lopez images.
batmanretroplayingcards.jpg
batmanretroplayingcards.jpg (78.73 KiB) Viewed 6444 times
If you're a DC fan, and not just Batman, there is a DC retro deck that is entirely composed of Garcia-Lopez images.
dcretroplayingcards.jpg
dcretroplayingcards.jpg (76.08 KiB) Viewed 6444 times
There is also a modern Batman comic deck, which I did not get. I got the Joker set, but I didn't like it because most of the images were too modern for me. The Harley Quinn set was the worst of the decks I got because it repeated a lot of images. Since the decks were only $5-$7, I got a few more DC and several Marvel characters as well.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

And also if anyone needs to know about those 66 playing cards, Catwoman is the Queen of Diamonds, not Marsha. Totally stupid.
Music. BAT! Music.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

gothosmansion wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:53 am ... there is a set of Batman 66 playing cards from the series. They are pretty cheap, but the image quality isn't all that great. I was still happy with them, though. Oh, and I think the cards do not feature any Batgirl images, just in case anyone wondered.
I found my deck this week while sorting stuff... Correct, no Batgirl and, sadly, some pics are quite low in resolution, but nice concept.

Batman playing cards up close by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Batman playing cards by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

Interesting this subject would come up as I just snagged these two trading cards the other day. I hate that on the back of Bill Finger's card they have his name as William when it was Milton.
Attachments
46952319_2547339338626076_8586855199233015808_n.jpg
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

Today's mail brought both cards. Here they are displayed on my 1st Appearance shelf (in the proper order too).
Attachments
47490349_2554795677880442_7006668277845852160_o.jpg
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11