1966 Batman premium art from sideshow

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
John Mack

1966 Batman premium art from sideshow

Post by John Mack »

I wish we could see the entire print up close! Well, here's a chance to win one! I love the likenesses. Artist is Jon Foster. I'm not familiar with him, but he did a great job. Batman's chest logo could have been better defined IMO, but that's why it's art.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/whats-new/ba ... art-print/
Attachments
1125x682_previewbanner_BatmanRobinPrint-1.jpg
Music. BAT! Music.
AndyFish

Re: 1966 Batman premium art from sideshow

Post by AndyFish »

I really dig it-- I love the choice of Purple for Batman's cape and cowl because that's how my old TV used to show it (anyone else remember the days when you had to adjust the color??).
I entered the contest, but I'd rather just buy one-- on sale Sept 26th, I'm guessing around $150.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Not sure what the cost will be. I really like it. I do remember the days of adjustable color being 54 this year. I can remember turning Robin's cape green and so forth. Now that I think about it, I had to be extremely bored doing that. I think after watching the same Louie the Lilac episodes over and over again, I resorted to messing around with the TV. I had recorded every episode on cassette tape back then. What I would have given for a VCR. I listened to those episodes like radio shows of yesteryear and I believe that is why I have such an appreciation for the music.
Music. BAT! Music.
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

For my money, that's the best 66-era Batman & Robin artwork I've ever seen, by far. Absolutely fantastic. Fingers crossed on my entry. That would be framed and prominently displayed in my home office.
“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

John Mack wrote: I listened to those episodes like radio shows of yesteryear and I believe that is why I have such an appreciation for the music.
I did the very same thing!!! Started with cassette tapes on my tape recorder in front of the TV, then cassettes through my Teac cassette deck hooked into my VCR, then that same deck hooked into my laserdisc player.

By the early 2000s, I'd made the transition to digital. Started with WAV files to CDs, which took two CDs per film. These days it's audio rips from DVDs and Blu-rays, full films as MP3s. I can put several on one flash drive and many more on my iPad. I listen to them on long flights or car trips.
“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

TP-6597 wrote:For my money, that's the best 66-era Batman & Robin artwork I've ever seen, by far. Absolutely fantastic.
Agreed! Its a wonderful piece. The essence of the series--striking, colorful, and not a hint of the overused images based on a couple of publicity photos of the characters smiling, the LIFE cover, bomb scene from the movie, or the dreaded surfing nonsense.

This is one of the few must-have items based on the series since the blu ray release.
Beneath Wayne Manor
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

TP-6597 wrote:
John Mack wrote: I listened to those episodes like radio shows of yesteryear and I believe that is why I have such an appreciation for the music.
I did the very same thing!!! Started with cassette tapes on my tape recorder in front of the TV
Same here! I think it was not uncommon for 60's and 70s Bat fans to record the series with audio tapes in those pre-home video years.
Beneath Wayne Manor
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote:
TP-6597 wrote:This is one of the few must-have items based on the series since the blu ray release.
I agree. Never mind about my entry winning the thing, I just want one. Hope I can get in on the pre-order.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Interesting painting for sure, really enjoy the palette but for me as much as I can forgive costume details in the medium of painting, the facial likenesses just aren't there - Burt particularly.

Good luck to those entering though, beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all. I hope it goes to a good home.
chetchumley

Post by chetchumley »

John Mack wrote:Not sure what the cost will be. I really like it. I do remember the days of adjustable color being 54 this year. I can remember turning Robin's cape green and so forth. Now that I think about it, I had to be extremely bored doing that. I think after watching the same Louie the Lilac episodes over and over again, I resorted to messing around with the TV. I had recorded every episode on cassette tape back then. What I would have given for a VCR. I listened to those episodes like radio shows of yesteryear and I believe that is why I have such an appreciation for the music.
thought i was the only one who recorded the eps, on cassette tapes?? :) i also always adjusted the color to very colorful,,,my mom would always ask who touched the colors,,lol heck even today i have my t.v set to..dynamic,
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Pre-order for the prints is up, I don't know if this is an early bird thing for newsletter members-- it's a bit pricier than I thought at $240
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

That is a fabulous piece of art.
A little spendy for me, so I entered.
Who knows though, it is all a little spendy but I seem to have most of it....
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Well it's framed and double matted, so that's not a ridiculous price. And I just caught that it's the same pose as the sideshow deluxe Batman 66 maquette figure coming out next year.
Attachments
BATMANzing.jpg
BATMAN-POW.jpg
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Heck no that's not a bad price. My wife just had an old print of the man with the golden helmet framed and double matted. $165. So, no. Not bad at all. Good observation Andy. The figure is very close indeed.
Music. BAT! Music.