Batman: ROTCC review Spoiler Free. Wingert great.

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
BatToys

Batman: ROTCC review Spoiler Free. Wingert great.

Post by BatToys »

Saw the new 1966 Batman movie in the theatre. Spoiler free review. It's enjoyable if you love the tv show. Glad I saw it on the big screen. Does scenes you wish they did on the show with Julie Newmar. Wally Wingert does a great Frank Gorshin impression. Nice references to Frank Miller's The Dark Knight and a Christian Bale scene. Fantastic opening credits. Keep an eye out for something interesting in the Batcave as it goes fast. I liked the movie. Wow in the past 7 months THREE new Batman theatrical movies.
KustomJeff

Re: 1966 Batman review Spoiler Free. Wingert great.

Post by KustomJeff »

It was a great experience! A few small things that bugged me, but nothing to keep me from buying the disc to see it again.
I'm on Instagram as kustomjeff if you want to see more toy pics and some motorcycle stuff too. :-P
whatever_gong82

Post by whatever_gong82 »

I just saw it here in the SW US (7:30 PM) show. The only bad thing was that at my viewing, there was Kevin Smith talking about the movie to start, and it was fine, but I wished that they would just get to the movie.

And then, to make things worse, the movie skipped the first 6-8 minutes of the movie, so I missed the stuff that the Spoiler threads mentioned. I had to watch the rest of the film, and I did enjoy it, but I had to talk to the theater management so that they could start back up the movie so I could see the movie's first few minutes that I missed. Once I saw that, it was time to go home.

I will purchase the Blu-ray/DVD combo when it comes out 3 weeks from tomorrow, so I'll grade this movie as a A-.
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

BatToys wrote: Wow in the past 7 months THREE new Batman theatrical movies.
Not only that but, I believe that today marks the first time that two Batman movies (ROTCC & Suicide Squad) were in theaters at the same time.
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Greetings Citizens
You will like it, it is awesome!
My sidekicks and I loved it.
Many may complain and nit pick, but it was a great extention of the series!
Voice and art and story and nostalgia came together to create a Batman movie for everyone.
Cannot wait for the next one!
Burt sounds the same, Wally channeled Gorshin, Julie sounded seductive as ever, and Adam crushed it.
TheBlueHombre

Post by TheBlueHombre »

As I mentioned in another thread, I thought the movie was awesome. My only gripe: there were only ten people at the 7:30 p.m. screening. The movie itself was a work of art. Kudos all the way around.
Same Bat-Time
Same Bat-Channel
Same Perilous Predicament
scottmandew

Post by scottmandew »

I had to travel an hour north to see it, and other than my friend and I, there was one other person in the theatre for the 2pm showing. I mistook the starting time to be 2:30, so we missed the first few minutes. The first thing we saw was Bruce and Dick tuning into the tv show with the villains posing as the band. What did I miss before that?
I really enjoyed the film and will definitely be buying it when it comes out on November 1.
We thought we'd have to teach our son about the world. Turns out we have to teach the world about our son. They see a boy who cannot speak. We see a miracle who doesn't need words.
http://www.ourjourneywithoneofgodsmirac ... gspot.com/
batfan1705

Post by batfan1705 »

It would seem that the advertising for this film just wasn't there....there were barely a dozen people in the theater at our local showing. Of course, I donned cowl and cape myself for this event (with permission from the theater manager, of course) and it was well received!

Thoroughly enjoyed the movie! It was funny, it was cheesy, it had a great story...everything a good '66 Bat-movie should have. Adam, Burt, and Julie were in great form! And of the other three villains I enjoyed the Riddler's performance the best, Wally was truly channeling Frank Gorshin. Bravo!

Looking forward to seeing it again once I get the Bluray!
TheBlueHombre

Post by TheBlueHombre »

scottmandew wrote:I had to travel an hour north to see it, and other than my friend and I, there was one other person in the theatre for the 2pm showing. I mistook the starting time to be 2:30, so we missed the first few minutes. The first thing we saw was Bruce and Dick tuning into the tv show with the villains posing as the band. What did I miss before that?
I really enjoyed the film and will definitely be buying it when it comes out on November 1.
You didn't miss anything at all. Here's why:
1. Before the film started we had to sit through a five minute presentation with Kevin Smith and two other people talking about how much they loved Batman and how much we were going to enjoy Batman: ROTCC.
2. Opening Credits which were very well done
3. The movie opens with scenes of Gotham City (just like episodes from the TV show with the narrator talking about wonderful Gotham City is to live in) and then the camera goes to Wayne Manor where Bruce and Dick are sitting down to watch their favorite show GOTHAM PALACE and then the rock band comes out and it is the villains.
Same Bat-Time
Same Bat-Channel
Same Perilous Predicament
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Didn't make it to the screening last night-- moving into the new Fish Manor and all took longer than we thought. But I bought the digital copy this morning on Vudu and watched the first few scenes, I apologize for doubting this one, at least as much as I saw of it, they nicely captured the show's better parts. Wally and whoever did the Joker are incredible.

I'm going to sit and watch it properly tonight with Mrs Fish, but except for some music that didn't seem like it fit I really liked what I saw.
Bat Tom

Post by Bat Tom »

I enjoyed the movie and thought it was well done. I did enjoy seeing Adam and Burt together again. Any idea how it did at the box office. I went to the 2:00 show in Chicago and there about 20 people at our showing. The Cubs played at 8:30 so I had to opt for the early show.