New Batman Book - First Look

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Lou Szabo

Re: New Batman Book - First Look

Post by Lou Szabo »

How long have I had this on order - 2 years - and it will be worth the wait. Just a couple more days.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
redbird

Post by redbird »

Received my copy of BATMAN: A Celebration to a Classic TV Series from Amazon...yesterday.
It is one heavy oversize Book. It arrived shrink wrap with the wrap around Die cut Batman Paper
Utility Belt, very creative cover. Beautiful behind the scene photos, comic book references,
villains and hero stories. It is just about the TV series and the three year run. Great coffee table
book. Hardbound but Heavy in weight like 1/2 of an encyclopedia book.
Fatbat

Post by Fatbat »

Mine arrived today from Amazon! Paid $23.91!
Fatbat

Post by Fatbat »

15338771_10209137343603850_1499664788941078299_n.jpg
15338645_10209137343123838_9187408402798947111_n.jpg
I got my book at 8:45am! IT"S HUGE! The photos inside are glorious! Many never saw. I had to put it on top of my open-top bookcase. Just breezed through it quickly..but it was a whirl of eye candy I will study closer and read later. The Utility Belt slip folds inside book jacket and comes off. Care should be taken, it's flimsy. Very substantial effort and includes ep. guide. Many candid, set up shots, publicity, rare pics. Many in color! Fans will salivate over this publishing for years to come. I'll go back and study, but didn't spy any bat devices up close. No Batarang, Laser, Bat sleep, smoke pellet, grapple hook, etc. Great shots of the bat vehicles. Some artist renderings.
hisyouthfulward

Post by hisyouthfulward »

Got mine yesterday, too!!! Looks great! I especially liked the shots of Vincent Price in the make-up chair getting turned into Egghead.
njboywonder

Post by njboywonder »

Hey.

Can anyone who has it tell me if there are any (about how many?) behind the scenes photos involving the traps and/or henchmen/batfights.

Of course the book is sealed in local stores due to the utility belt so I can't check myself, but there's been lots of mentions of lots of never before seen photos.

Thanks.
Brett
wally wingert

Post by wally wingert »

Just got the amazing new Batman book by Joe Desris and Bob Garcia! By Sunday night I'll have probably read it cover to cover...TWICE!
Attachments
Bat book-a.jpg
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Anything in the book about the music, not just the theme song?
Music. BAT! Music.
tenderheart bear

Post by tenderheart bear »

I've had mine a couple of days now so not yet had the chance to go all the way through it, but I will say that my first impressions are that it's very good indeed.

There's some magnificent photos within, and the layout and overall feel of the book is first class.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Can't wait to pick one up.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Sat down and read it last night, there's a lot of information in here. If you have read the other bat books and magazines there is still a bit more in depth of the development of the show. John there is a chapter on the music but that equates to a page and a half and is mostly on the theme.

Nice spotlight on the stuntmen, the bat age both the original pilot set and the one that was built for the series, early Batmobile sketches, in depth on the casting of various villains and main characters and quit a few behind the scenes photos.

It's a great book., but I still hope someone does one using the huge collection of stills Adam has.
gothosmansion

Post by gothosmansion »

Thanks for sharing the photos. The book looks huge. I can't wait until my copy arrives.
Troy

Post by Troy »

I can't wait for this book!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Picked up my copy today, really nice job. It's a sizable tome and although many of the interviews are from archived sources, the combination of visual and written materials are presented so nicely at such a wonderfully tactile size it culminates as a coffee table book that we have all wanted for a long time now.

Well done to all involved including our own Ivan and Mark R.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Thanks Andy. Disappointing about the music, but not unexpected.
Music. BAT! Music.