Trolls in the Bat Cave!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
A. Pennyworth

Trolls in the Bat Cave!

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Trolls in the Batcave!

With the release of the new TROLLS movie, I guess there is no better time for this post!
"Holy Open Sesame!" "Holy Hideouts!" Trolls have invaded the Bat Cave.
Here is my collection of TROLL HEROES as seen in vintage advertisements.

Now I have a question for the collectors. The vintage advertisement for the Ideal Bat Cave listed for $4.99 states it comes with a 3" vinyl Bat Troll. By the photo, it appears to be costumed similar to it's bigger 6" brother, however I have NEVER seen a 3" troll ever offered with the Bat Cave? I have only seen the Ideal Playset Batman and Robin figures offered. I have also never seen a 3" troll with an outfit similar to the 6" doll as pictured. Does anyone know if the Ideal Bat Cave set included this 3" troll?

I did find this rare 3" Batman troll (different costume), along with what could be a Robin 3" Troll. Also, whats the deal with the BUGGED-EYED Batman Troll? He was also featured in another Bat Cave ad, but as you can see the 6" doll is way too big for that playset.
Anyway enjoy the collection and as a side note, that is NOT a "Green Hornet" Troll even though it is sometimes advertised that way. He is listed as the "Great Green Wasp Troll", perhaps licensing issues back then??
Jimmy L. 66

Re: Trolls in the Bat Cave!

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Wow, just wow.
John Mack

Re: Trolls in the Bat Cave!

Post by John Mack »

I had the Ideal Batcave, but I used the Ideal playset figures with it. Never thought they would use the Super Hero Trolls! Holy cross-marketing!
Music. BAT! Music.