New Batman 66 Action Figures from Funko

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Bookworm

New Batman 66 Action Figures from Funko

Post by Bookworm »

In this list of upcoming Funko reveals, the last day mentions Batman 66 action figures. Does anyone know anything about this?
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/12-d ... -underway/
mwilbury

Re: New Batman 66 Action Figures from Funko

Post by mwilbury »

Odds are these will be smaller, retro-style figures (less articulation and detail) as they have done for several contemporary DC shows and older films like Alien and Jaws.

Green Hornet Pop! figures make for exciting news as well...
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

It's my understanding Funko gave up the ReAction line which was reminiscent of the Remco Universal Monsters of the 80s (lacking detail and articulation) in which they've done Jaws, Aliens, Universal Monsters and more-- sending that line back to the originator Super 7.

Funko is currently producing 3 3/4 action figure lines with a lot more detail including Suicide Squad (I've not seen the movie have no plans to) which is where this new Batman line is likely to fall. So you'll get good detail with limited articulation at a smaller scale with a retail around $10-$15 ea. Pricey for a small figure but keep in mind licenses are expensive and companies like this don't have the output or distribution of a Mattel or other Big Toy Companies.

I'm in-- although I'd prefer the simplicity of the ReAction style, I'd be about detailed figures too. I'm not sure why the 3 3/4 figures are more appealing to me than the Mattel 6" figures were-- I think it would be neat to get a full line of these with lots of villains as they're promising.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

I agree with you Andy. And thank you for being my gyroscope through all this. I often forget the cost of this license and price of doing business for these smaller companies .I'm looking forward to smaller detailed figures with lots of characters and if it means payinga bit more, I'm on board.
Music. BAT! Music.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

I got impatient waiting for a TV Batgirl 'Pop!" to join my Dynamic Duo.

The original "retired" blue-cape comic book Batgirl Pop was too "rare" - horrendous prices on eBay - but this custom uses as a base the "Black Friday" special, sold as a GameStop/EB Games exclusive, and someone had it on eBay for a very reasonable price. The already-yellow cape made repainting (only the back) much easier. Purple "glitter glue" over the black uniform and purple paint on the cowl, back of cape, gloves and boots.

Funko Pop - Terrific Trio by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

I know it's their thing, and they're fun, but I can't get past the big heads (shutter) :lol: But ya know, the 1966 Palmolive "soakies" as they were called? They had big heads too... I suppose I just gravitate more towards the more realistic looking things such as the flying Batman
images (2).jpg
images (2).jpg (4.5 KiB) Viewed 3720 times
Attachments
image.jpg
Music. BAT! Music.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Interested to see what comes of the Action Figure line. The Green Hornet Pop is going to be a must too.