Batmobile

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
brew23

Batmobile

Post by brew23 »

Just bought My 66 Batmobile Replica and donor car. My dream has come true. Question does anyone know where to buy parts other than fiberglass freaks. Thanks foe the help
John Mack

Re: Batmobile

Post by John Mack »

Mark is the go to guy, why look anywhere else?
Music. BAT! Music.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Welcome to our board and congratulations on fulfilling your dream. Although there are some knowledgeable Batmobile guys and gals here, I think your inquiry might yield more potentially useful answers over at The 1966 Batmobile message board: http://1966batvehicles.yuku.com/, if you're not over there already.

Be sure to post some photos along the way, i'm sure we'd all love to see your project!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Ditto on Ben's comments. There's at least three in North America (including one in Canada). If you are building your own, that's where to go for experiences others have had. Pay particular attention to Paul's Tribute Car - that's one of the most accurate handcrafted cars out there. Also, now with the Batmobile being restored, we should see more parts becoming even more accurate.

Also remember that while people may offer parts, not all can or will deliver - that's where Mark shines!

I look forward to reading your build thread on Eric's website The 1966 Batmobile message board: http://1966batvehicles.yuku.com/
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
gregp1

Post by gregp1 »

Pauls tribute car is no longer posted. Real shame since it was a fantastic build. There are a number of guys selling but be careful and ask around before dishing out the cash. You may need to get PM for real details as it is a bit surprising on what's not posted. I have been going through it myself the past year and a half. The site mentioned is the best for knowledge on replica builds. ( http://1966batvehicles.yuku.com/) There seems to be a bit of a reluctance to share bad experiences regarding parts on the forum but through my own experiences this past year and private conversations I learned a lot. PM me and I will be glad to help you where I can.

Greg
Last edited by Ben Bentley on Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combining two almost duplicate posts by the same member.
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

Brew23, please check your private messages. I wish you the best of luck on your build whether you buy parts from me or not. :)

Greg, I think I know some of the stories of which you wrote, but it's better to be silent than to have the flame wars of old. ;)
gregp1

Post by gregp1 »

Hi Mark,
Good to hear from you.
I was referring to my own personal experiences over the last year and half. Some bad, some good. There didn't seem to be much regarding reviews of "parts" vendors just the 'battle of the car vendors" or flame wars as you refer to it. Your right about the "better to be silent" as it certainly stopped the negativity being posted which is why I also referred to private messaging also.
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

Thanks, Greg.
tiltinghead

Post by tiltinghead »

Yes, many people in the past have sold Batmobile parts.
Many parts can be found on the web, if you know what you're looking for, for cheap. Others can be found from other suppliers. Some suppliers never respond and others might be a little costly. If you want accuracy to the #1 then nothing will come cheap and you will have to find vintage parts or make them all again by hand.
If you are content with parts that look close and nobody will know the difference or care, you will save a ton of $$.
An example: CUSHMAN PARTS 12V HORN BUTTON COLUMN MOUNT OEM #806791 --$28.00 pair versus $130.00
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

It depends on how much labor (and how much in materials) you are willing to put in on your car. To complete those Cushman buttons properly, you must carefully disassemble the buttons, hone the base holes for button clearance, powdercoat the bases, sand, prime, paint, and clear the white buttons, and reassemble. Suddenly, the cheap DIY method doesn't look so cheap...;)