Batman '66 Book

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Batfanman

Re: Batman '66 Book

Post by Batfanman »

I recently met Jeff Parker and he told me that even though the monthly discontinued, there is still interest from DC to produce the ongoing of the "Meets" books. So that bodes well for us going forward.
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

I would like to see Batman '66 meets Isis and Captain Marvel from Filmation's Saturday Morning series, the Shazam!/Isis Hour.
tenderheart bear

Post by tenderheart bear »

The Boss wrote:I would like to see Batman '66 meets Isis and Captain Marvel from Filmation's Saturday Morning series, the Shazam!/Isis Hour.
I'd rather see Batman defeats ISIS, but that might be a bit heavy for a '66 themed story.

Maybe Frank Miller will do that one.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

tenderheart bear wrote:
The Boss wrote:I would like to see Batman '66 meets Isis and Captain Marvel from Filmation's Saturday Morning series, the Shazam!/Isis Hour.
I'd rather see Batman defeats ISIS, but that might be a bit heavy for a '66 themed story.

Wrong ISIS..
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

AndyFish wrote: SprangFan is right too, John you must have read Marvel-- because DC always kept them done as one .
Not always, Andy. For example, in the late 60s, the Teen Titans comic not only had running plots spanning several issues (their brief role as pacifists after inadvertently causing the death of a Dr. Swenson), but by 1970, featured a plot that crossed (to a degree) over with Aquaman in a tale involving the Ocean Master and beings from another dimension.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Jthree

Post by Jthree »

Batfanman wrote:I recently met Jeff Parker and he told me that even though the monthly discontinued, there is still interest from DC to produce the ongoing of the "Meets" books. So that bodes well for us going forward.

Well . . . Where does that leave us? The George Reeves Superman show? Batman 66 meets Maxwell Smart? Batman 66 on Gilligan's Island?

--jthree
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

Who does everyone want in such a book? "Batman Meets..."

1) Superman (George Reeves)
2) Superman (Christopher Reeve)
3) Captain Nice
4) Mister Terrific
5) Thunderbirds
6) Beverly Hillbillies

I put up Christopher Reeve because I figured If they could have Wonder Woman, why NOT that Superman? Though I WOULD be severely disappointed if they used Reeve instead of or before Reeves. ;)

Heck! Such a book could be even MORE fun than the "Scooby Doo" movies they aired on Saturday mornings in the '70's! ;)
Earthdog

Post by Earthdog »

Probably impossible due to licensing but I'd love to see 66 Batman Meets Lou Ferrigno's Hulk
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

In regards to the 2 Superman eras, it's a see-saw balance between the 2 in that they could go with either. But they've already touched on the 50s Superman continuity in the last issue of the '66 comic so that seems to be the favored direction and I could see an expansion on that.

Yet, it would be cool to interact w/ the 70s Superman as well. Perhaps it could be an Earth 1/Earth 2 type of thing involving Dr. Fate or The Wizard? Maybe even try a meet w/ the 40s serial Batman sometime. Many possibilities!
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

tenderheart bear wrote:

Haha...too funny! No, we're speaking of Isis from the 1970's CBS TV series.....
Attachments
isisstone.jpg
isisstone.jpg (43.06 KiB) Viewed 5913 times
Music. BAT! Music.
tenderheart bear

Post by tenderheart bear »

Yes, I was aware of the Isis being talked about. I saw the show years ago, along with Shazam! It was just too good an opportunity to miss, that's why I thought of Frank Miller after The Dark Knight Returns and Holy Terror!

In reality though, I think a Batman '66 meets George Reeves' Superman is the most likely option. If it was a free-for-all, and any 60's TV series could cross over then I'd have...

Batman '66 hunts The Fugitive
Batman '66 fights The Invaders
Batman '66 gets Lost in Space
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

How about "Batman '66 in... The Time Tunnel"?
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

The Boss wrote: No I have not. You do make them sound good. Do Adam, Burt and Julie do the voices?
They are not voiced. But the comics do "come alive" in various ways.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

Therin of Andor wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:08 am
The Boss wrote: No I have not. You do make them sound good. Do Adam, Burt and Julie do the voices?
They are not voiced. But the comics do "come alive" in various ways.
In that case DC should get Adam, Burt, Julie, Wally etc. to voice these digital comics and release them to DVD. If they prove successful perhaps they could make digital comics from actual 60s issues of the comics.