Looking for a Batmobile

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
floatinjoe

Looking for a Batmobile

Post by floatinjoe »

Okay, so I want a Fiberglass Freaks, but that will have to wait until I win the lottery.

In the meantime, what I'm looking for is a shelf piece. I've seen pictures on here, and facebook, of folks with several different ones in their personal collections. I know a number of Batmobiles have been produced over the last few years, but was wondering if there was one that really stood out. I think that I heard there was a Hot Wheels version that was really nice, but I'd like something a bit bigger. I'd like to be able to enjoy looking at it while standing a few feet away.

Do folks have any thoughts?

Mike
AndyFish

Re: Looking for a Batmobile

Post by AndyFish »

The 18" Hot Wheels is pretty nice. I'm not someone who can spot minor inaccuracies with a glance (like I can with the Cowls) but if you want something with some shelf impact that might fit the bill. Personally, the Mattel Batmobile which holds the 6" figures is even more impactful but it depends on how big your shelf is because that one is very large.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

I have the Batmobile that Andy is referring to. I don't think you would be disappointed with that model at all. It really is a nice size for just about any shelf, and the detail is great.
tiltinghead

Post by tiltinghead »

Which one is the HW 18" Batmobile? You mean 1/18 scale?
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Largest to smallest:
Mattel Batmobile 1/12 scale is about $60 to $80 with figures and is plastic, very nice at 18 to 19" long. Scaled for 6" figures

Mattel 1/16 RC Batmobile was out for about a year and has some nice features, has a plastic body, no figures

Hot Wheels has 1/18 in 3 detail levels with multiple variants. Super Elite runs roughly $300 and has several nifty upgrades including a display. Elite has nice datails, and is now available with figures for under $100 with opening doors, hood and trunk
Basic runs $45 to 60 and features opening doors

Then there is 1/24, 1/32, 1/43, 1/50, 1/64 and 1/87, all with multiple manufacturers and details and price points.

I have most of them up to about 3 years ago, and finally stopped while I wait for a 1/8, 1/6 or 1/4 scale.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

Szabol wrote:...I have most of them up to about 3 years ago, and finally stopped while I wait for a 1/8, 1/6 or 1/4 scale.
Or stop at the Full Scale "model" ;)

-Jeremy
Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!
Technical Artist & Designer
Facebook: Burke Studio
eBay: jerburke http://www.ebay.com/usr/jerburke?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Etsy: BurkeStudio
Instagram: BurkeStudio
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

Would love to see a 1/9th scale one for the FTC Figures.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
floatinjoe

Post by floatinjoe »

I think I'll probably be looking at the Mattel or the Elite.

Thanks for the info.
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Some lineupsImage
floatinjoe

Post by floatinjoe »

Thank you everyone for the information. A. Pennyworth, those pictures are perfect to help me decide. I definitely think it is between the Mattel and the Hot Wheels. I'll just need to see where I can find the best deal. I know that some have come with figures (that's preferable), but I'll take empty seats if need be.

I'm still always on the look out for Crime Crusher too. I think I might actually be able to persuade my wife to let me buy it for our son (though he is probably getting too big for it now).

Thanks again,
Mike