Anyone own an ALL ORIGINAL 1966 IDEAL UTILITY BELT??

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
eastlosfinest

Anyone own an ALL ORIGINAL 1966 IDEAL UTILITY BELT??

Post by eastlosfinest »

hey guys, don't mean to offer money for it, I am just curious if anyone on here owns a utility belt min in box? I have a few questions about it. =) thanks
Jthree

Re: Anyone own an ALL ORIGINAL 1966 IDEAL UTILITY BELT??

Post by Jthree »

I have questions too

--jthree
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

Join Facebook Batman Collectors as many there have the belt MIB. I have one in the box but it's used. What are your questions?
Jthree

Post by Jthree »

Well. Does anyone have any photos of the original packaging? And forgive my poor memory, but what were all the utilities in the belt? And why is that particular reason why that toy is popular and coveted?

--Jthree
eastlosfinest

Post by eastlosfinest »

well my question was on how to identify a "repo" box? I have googled and seen SEVERAL repo boxes that are made and are VERY GOOD!! in my eyes, it was hard to identify the difference.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

No, I don't own one...a picture is worth 10,000 words..look it up on Google images if you need more info.
The reason it's worth so much is because kids played with their toys in those days. Actually played with the stuff. The box would be opened, thrown away, and all the pieces would be lost in about a month. There were no adult collectibles in those days. This is why anything produced today will NEVER be worth prices like the Ideal belt and playset. People today buy things, don't open them, put them on a shelf, buy "protecto pak" clam shells, sleeve their comic books in acid free bags on acid free boards, place their collectibles in environmentally controlled rooms, in dim, lightless recesses with lighting that won't fade the colors, and then wonder why they get bored with collecting.
That being said, taking care of your investment is only good sense. But you were asking why the 66 belt was worth so much.
Attachments
images (1).jpg
images (1).jpg (17.63 KiB) Viewed 2557 times
Music. BAT! Music.