Moebius Batgirl kit coming end of January

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
John Mack

Moebius Batgirl kit coming end of January

Post by John Mack »

I just learned that the Batgirl kit is due the end of January and I can't find a preorder for the price the other kits go for. You guys won't believe what the asking price is for this kit. Why? All the others are affordable.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wt ... R&I=LXEWAD
Music. BAT! Music.
Boy Wonder

Re: Moebius Batgirl kit coming end of January

Post by Boy Wonder »

The reason that this model kit is so expensive (compared to the others) is because this one is not actually a part of the regular set.
Don't worry, there WILL be a Batgirl that goes with the affordable set.
However, this one is much bigger in size and is made out of resin, rather than the styrene plastic that the regular set is made from.
COPPRODUCTIONS

Post by COPPRODUCTIONS »

I have heard from a VERY reliable source that these left China THIS week, so late February/mid-March is a more realistic delivery date. Mike is correct, at 1/5 scale, this will TOWER over the 1/8 scale styrene kits and is also noticeably larger than the Diamond and Tweeterhead prepaints. Sculpt is a tag-team between two LEGENDS of the garage kit world, Tony Cipriano and Jeff Yagher and as you can see from the photo, the resemblance to Yvonne is excellent! :)
Here is an image of the package:
According to the sell sheet, MSRP is $150 and they come two in a case, so based on previous experience with case orders, I expect a shipping weight of about five or six pounds per kit (so you will need to tack on $15 to $20 shipping, depending on where you live in the country). The Tower Hobby deal is not bad (particularly with the coupon); my friend Steve Iverson is also offering a good deal:
http://www.culttvmanshop.com/Batgirl-RE ... _3268.html
He also has the 1/8 scale Riddler up for preorder for $26.95 (a bit over 20% off retail).
Resin kits are NOT for everyone, but I think it is great that Moebius continues to put the '66 license to good use (not JUST the '66 license, Moebius also has an expansive LIVE ACTION DC license so expect ANOTHER iconic DC female to get the resin treatment before being immortalized in styrene! :D )
Tom
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Tony did the Space Ghost statue a few years back.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Thanks guys for putting my mind, and wallet at ease. I'm loving that larger size one, but will have to wait for the one that goes with the set.
Music. BAT! Music.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

If I can find the right person to do the paint job, I may well go in for one of these. I've not invested in any of the Mobeius line so far, but i'm really digging the pose and likeness combo.
Randy

Post by Randy »

I have the old resin garage kit of this pose which was sold "underground many years ago. One of the members here painted it for me. It's a big piece. I wonder how close this one will be to it.
Gryck

Post by Gryck »

Hey guys! Im new to the board, but been looking around for a while!
I saw a review of someone taking this out of the box on youtube last night.. it looks pretty amazing.. I want to get one of these, Always Loved Yvonne. But i would be worried about painting skills and doing it justice... maybe i could commission someone to paint it for me. the pieces seem to come in chunks which would be easier to paint.. Id worry more about the face..

here is the video i saw... Impressive at around 17-18 inches tall..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsW_i59YEtE&t=316s

Anyone bought it or going to? would love to hear thoughts!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Ben,
There was a guy on eBay that will paint them for a reasonable price. Also Monsters in Motion in Anaheim offers a service to paint them. I have a very creepy Grinch done by their talented bunch.
The across the pond shipping may be a killer unless you buy it from them and only ship once.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
COPPRODUCTIONS

Post by COPPRODUCTIONS »

Preorder deal from CultTVMan has expired, but Squadron Mail Order has it in stock for $119.95 PLUS through Sunday, February 26th, there is a promotion for an additional 20% off. I paid $95 plus $12.95 shipping . Link: www.squadron.com/Moebius-Models-1-5-Bat ... w01012.htm When you checkout use coupon code SQNEWSITE for the additional discount. :)
Tom