A little expensive but very cool!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
John Mack

Re: A little expensive but very cool!

Post by John Mack »

I called the Bradford Exchange and asked if we collectors could see a photo of the actual figurines or a prototype photo. The woman I spoke to was confused of course, and said she would send a note to the powers that be. I'm going to order Batman on Thursday, so when it arrives, as was stated earlier, we'll see.
Music. BAT! Music.
Earthdog

Post by Earthdog »

wally wingert wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:25 pm Gonna pass. It looks like they're using those dopey Hot Toys sculpts. With the same peanut head cowl and saggy, bent bat ears.
What changed your mind on the Hot Toys sculpts? I thought your first posted impressions of the duo was really positive except for the suits and capes.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Yeah, I'm curious too Wally. I really like the Hot Toys figures. The NECA ones are growing on me too, looking past the silly chest joint. But as for these figurines, if they look like the photos, the price is certainly in my pay grade. Like I've said before, I don't buy every 66 related item just because it's 66. Many factors go into my buying decision, and unfortunately that means cost much of the time. If I had a giant disposable income, I may be more liberal on some things (definitely not the big headed things from Funko or whomever, those just look like little kids in costumes to me, and when coupled with the Batmobile, they look like costumed kids in those rides outside of super markets :lol: )
Music. BAT! Music.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Are they even produced yet? I'm guessing since this is mockup art that it's in the very early pre-order stage and likely still in the sculpt stage (if even that far).

If they had China prototypes yet they'd probably have photos up of those rather than the Hot Toys mock-- and that's clearly artwork for Adam's chest area. It looks like a rushed mockup to me-- and hopefully they didn't just recast the Hot Toys heads which would be highly unlikely.

I'm with Wally-- as much as I love the HT figures I dislike the cowl and ears on Batman-- done from stills from the movie no doubt when Batman had wet ears in the sub scene. I think my fondness for the Neca comes from the fact that the shape is much more like the pilot cowl which is a personal favorite of mine.

I'll be very interested to see what these actually look like.
Boy Wonder

Post by Boy Wonder »

AndyFish wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:00 pmand hopefully they didn't just recast the Hot Toys heads which would be highly unlikely.
Unlikely and Illegal.
:lol:
However, I have seen it done before in the resin model kit world.
:(
Luckily, the Bradford Exchange isn't Joe's backyard Garage kits.
:D
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

True.
Music. BAT! Music.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Illegal indeed-- which is why I'm surprised an outfit like Bradford would even use the images for mockups-- it's not like they took their own photos of the hot toys figures, these are the same hot toy headshots used over and over again to promote the figures.

I did a quick google search of Bradford's other figures and they are all solid well sculpted quality figures, so I think these will be a good deal.
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

Bradford Exchange cancelled my order for these. They said there wasn't enough pre orders to put it in production. Sad, as I was really looking forward to these. Seems there just isn't enough demand for 1966 stuff. Mattel pulled out early and most other places only made the two heroes and Joker and Catwoman stuff. No wonder we can't get anymore Hot Toys figures. Only Diamond Select Toys, Figures Toy Company and Tweeterhead seemed very dedicated to our beloved series. I am not holding breath on Hot Toys Joker and Penguin.
dodgr31

Post by dodgr31 »

Just checked my order, also cancelled. I wasn't even notified and wouldn't have known if it had not been posted. Sad, I was looking forward to those, Bradford's quality is pretty good.
rajung

Post by rajung »

rajung wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:09 pm Danbury Mint suddenly came to mind.
open mouth, insert foot.
johndeblasi

Post by johndeblasi »

I wasn't notified either.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I didn't want to say anything when this was first posted but I would have been shocked if these had gone into production. Whenever you see a "product" that is a virtual mockup of other products like this was i.e. the use of the Hot Toys heads -- that's an indicator that you have a producer who is only trying to gauge interest levels. When the mockup is done by a professional artist that means that company has a monetary interest in the product, when it's done like this, seemingly on the quick, that means there is not a lot of faith in the first place. This particular Photoshop job looked like it was likely the work of a graphic design intern.
rajung

Post by rajung »

Will see what happens with the other item.Clock is suppose to ship 3/13- 3/17
Kept getting emails if I want to purchase a set of rings to compliment by Batman items purchase, Huh?
David Robushi

Post by David Robushi »

rajung wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:09 pm Danbury Mint suddenly came to mind.
So funny I lived in Danbury CT for 10 years. The mint is actually located in Norwalk CT about 1/2 hour away
rajung

Post by rajung »

If anyone ordered and is wondering, I did get a letter today from Bradford Ex. and essentially said The " Batman to the BatCave" will not be available.And Included a $5.00 voucher for purchases.
Hopefully down the road after the clock something might surface, but I doubt.