Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Crayfish

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by Crayfish »

AndyFish wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 1:49 pm Yup they are in comic shops today.
Quite a few eBay sellers showing them IN STOCK too.
If I weren't tied up today I'd swing by my LCS and see if they have it.
Got an email from BBTS today saying that they should be shipping soon but not really telling me that mine is shipping now. I did break down and decide to pay an extra $10 on Ebay for one of these early yesterday morning hoping the person would ship out that day and I would have it by this weekend. They sent me a message back that they drop off packages only in evenings so wouldn't go out yesterday but now it looks like it hasn't evening hit the tracking for today so who knows when they will get it out.....with all hope...I hope to have the first of my two by Monday.

I guess the big thing I would like to know is even with the in hand pictures....the figures both look like they are wearing plastic capes in the package (at least Robin's cape is very formed and plastic looking).......do these have cloth capes or plastic capes?
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

The figures with the car have cloth capes so they can sit down.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Any in-hand photos to share as yet, any body?
Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

Ben Bentley wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 2:45 pm Any in-hand photos to share as yet, any body?
Just got it and opened it.....will be posting some pics soon....pleasantly surprised so far EXCEPT FOR ONE MAJOR DETAIL:
AndyFish wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 1:48 pm The figures with the car have cloth capes so they can sit down.
NOPE. Plastic Capes. Noticed it in in hand box pictures that the capes were too shiny and I was right.... apparently they decided to go with very soft rubbery plastic.......you can still get them in the car but because of this....I feel they don't sit low enough in the car.

Extra cool feature....ball heads....Batman can look up and down.

Will take some pics soon.
Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

Thanks for the pics, Crayfish! Been anxious to see some.

Dig the plastic capes when they're standing... I will have to mod a set with cloth capes for driving. (Maybe repaint Robin's eyes, depending on how he looks in-hand).
John S. Drew

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!! (PODCAST ALERT!)

Post by John S. Drew »

Want to find out more about the Funko line? Dan Greenfield of 13th Dimension and I got to talk with Reis O'Brien, Funko’s senior product designer, about wave one, the potential for wave two, and the possibility of another hero who appeared on Batman getting in on the action (as he was wont to do quite often in his own show).

Take a listen by visiting the homepage - http://drewshi2000.wixsite.com/batcavep ... coputer-32

or with the direct link to the audio - http://traffic.libsyn.com/thebatcavepod ... le_032.mp3

You can also find the show on iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play and where most podcasts are distributed.

COPPRODUCTIONS

Post by COPPRODUCTIONS »

Personally I think Mattel should get MORE than a little credit in getting Warner/DC/Fox/Greenlawn and of course George Barris who LITERALLY got the ball rolling by getting the Batmobile license deal sealed for Hot Wheels. As a result, virtually EVERY type of collector with as much or as little to spend on some REALLY cool stuff gets more or less WHAT THEY WANT!!! As "Star Wars" turns 40 next week, all the discussion of "cloth versus vinyl capes" becomes even MORE of a deja vu all over again (paraphrasing Yogi Berra) moment, LOL!!! Me, I plan on at LEAST an Adam standard fig that I will putty the joints and take down to gamers painting night at the comic store and JUST GO NUTS!!!
Tom
COPPRODUCTIONS

Post by COPPRODUCTIONS »

WishItWas1984 wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 9:51 pm Well it looks like pre-orders could be as early as tomorrow afternoon. Wave 1 in June!!

http://13thdimension.com/exclusive-funk ... g-in-june/

Pros - These are AWESOME and only $10 each.

Minor Cons:
1) They really mailed it in on those cardbacks. Ugh. Mattel did better.
2) No mask for Catwoman? Boooo

Major Cons:
1) Unannounced plans for Pilot Batman will likely equal "Pay scalpers through the nose for the SDCC exclusive"
2) "Limited Chase Edition" on one of the Mr. Freezes.

As a collector there's nothing I hate more than cool, hard to get items. What's the point of Freeze? Just pack them in equal numbers! If that Pilot Batman is going to be a con exclusive, that sucks too. Like no one's going to your booth or the con if there are no exclusive toys to buy.

All this turns into is a pay day for scalpers and no benefit for the company or collectors. Bah Humbug.
As a conversion guy, I tend to disagree. I already have waterslide decals available for the eyebrow cowl markings for the 1/8 scale Moebius kit and I plan to resize them for my own pilot version one of a kind Funko ANYWAY. I would be glad to make these available at n/c for anyone who'd like a set. I'm sure as these get out there there will be countless "You Tube" how to videos on similar conversions. Chuck shared a TON of info/insights on the cowl that I shared with Moebius as they designed their kit (the KEY take-away from that exchange being the cowl having a separate mask/faceplate as well as an EXCELLENT working relationship with a MUCH sought-after sculptor who now shoots me the occasional email when he has an opening in his schedule). As always, your mileage may vary, and the decals will happen when I HAVE room in MY schedule, but other than that, consider it a done deal! :)
Tom
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Deja vu indeed. I knew Playmates' "Star Trek" 5" collectors in the 90s who were mint-on-card collectors, with no intention of becoming openers, who in their next breath would complain that the figures lacked articulation. ;)

I have always custom-tweaked commercial action figures to please my own eye.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
BATWINGED HORNET

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!! (PODCAST ALERT!)

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

John S. Drew wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 1:33 pm Want to find out more about the Funko line? Dan Greenfield of 13th Dimension and I got to talk with Reis O'Brien, Funko’s senior product designer, about wave one, the potential for wave two, and the possibility of another hero who appeared on Batman getting in on the action (as he was wont to do quite often in his own show).

Take a listen by visiting the homepage - http://drewshi2000.wixsite.com/batcavep ... coputer-32

or with the direct link to the audio - http://traffic.libsyn.com/thebatcavepod ... le_032.mp3

You can also find the show on iTunes, Stitcher Radio, Google Play and where most podcasts are distributed.

Thanks for the interviews! I caught that sort-of sly reference to "another hero" and if that made it as part of a Batman line, I would cartwheel over the moon in complete joy!!
Beneath Wayne Manor
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I'm delighted that they abandoned the cloth capes-- I never liked the way they looked with Mattel.
The pics look great-- looking forward to the line!
PDpuck16

Post by PDpuck16 »

Am I the only one who thinks they fall far short of the prototypes?
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

PDpuck16 wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 10:54 am Am I the only one who thinks they fall far short of the prototypes?
How so?
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I like the blockier look of the prototype figures more than the photos of the in hand, but I'm reserving my whining until I actually have these in hand (tracking now). From the photos Batman looks a bit more round headed than I'd like but we'll see. I like them regardless and I'm impressed with the articulation.