Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
AndyFish

Re: Funko!!! 4 inch figs!!!!

Post by AndyFish »

Ben Bentley wrote: Wed May 31, 2017 1:05 pm
AndyFish wrote: Tue May 30, 2017 9:59 am The playset I'd like to see-- it might be a little small for the Batmobile, but it'd be great if they re-released the Ideal Batcave set. I think this is where my figures will be displayed.
I'd love something along the lines of what FTC are doing Batcave-wise for this 4" series.
The FTC Batcave might not be a ridiculous scale for these-- the Batmobile is pretty good size. If I had small kids and was planning on playing with these I'd be all in.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Szabol wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:16 pm So are you seeing these in brick and mortar stores (comic shops, TRU, etc) or e-stores. I am curious about the chase batman.
The Batmobile w/ Batman & Robin arrives in my local Sydney (Australia) comic book store this week. Mine came via eBay. The first wave of figures is available to pre-order on eBay and you can order a set that includes the additional Freeze chase figure, but Audition Batman was not mentioned in that offer. He was later said to be a separate chase figure, so i wouldn't expect to see him yet.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

Have we learned what retailers will carry these in store? I hope TRU will. Can't see Target or Wal-Mart with these but it was never mentioned in the podcast which stores would have.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

TRU will most likely, they carry the other Funko action figures. Essentially, if a store is currently carrying the Suicide Squad set they made then they will likely have these. I looked into opening a wholesale account with them but my understanding is I need to order some of those POP figures with my account, and I'm not interested in those. I know many comic shops are going to have them.
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

Captain Toy has some nice photos up at his review site.
http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-052617a.htm
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
Therin of Andor

My eBay pre-order (with Freeze chase) is en route to Australia!
Therin of Andor

Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

SprangFan wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:44 pm Captain Toy has some nice photos up at his review site.
http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-052617a.htm
Some interesting thoughts and some cool photos there, I always dig it when a little bit of extra thought goes into shooting images for these kinds of reviews.
ChAnOoD

Post by ChAnOoD »

Oh, they look pretty nice. The Batgirl one shines to me, but I like Batman´s shape, so I´d like to get the Batmobile combo, if there´s a chance to get these in Europe.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

ChAnOoD wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:57 am Oh, they look pretty nice. The Batgirl one shines to me, but I like Batman´s shape, so I´d like to get the Batmobile combo, if there´s a chance to get these in Europe.
Not found anyone in the UK carrying this line as yet, but please let me know if you find someone!
Therin of Andor

Ben Bentley wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:06 pmNot found anyone in the UK carrying this line as yet, but please let me know if you find someone!
Keep your eyes out for http://www.underground-toys.com/ They seem to distribute Funko products in UK.
Therin of Andor

ChAnOoD

Post by ChAnOoD »

Well, Funko is pretty popular everywhere, so maybe we´ll have a chance to get a proper distribution of these action figures in Europe. As much as I am a fan, the shipping costs from the USA to Spain would kill the nice prices these items have. I already saw the Batmobile on Ebay, and I´d have to pay 44 more dollars to ship it!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Therin of Andor wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:15 pm
Ben Bentley wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:06 pmNot found anyone in the UK carrying this line as yet, but please let me know if you find someone!
Keep your eyes out for http://www.underground-toys.com/ They seem to distribute Funko products in UK.
Thanks, Ian. I'm keeping my eyes peeled.
Therin of Andor

My Wave 1 is on its way to Oz!

Meanwhile...

Killer Croc by Ian McLean, on Flickr
Therin of Andor

AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Newbury Comics has the car and figure set in stock.
Lars Limpet

Post by Lars Limpet »

Picked up the first wave of singularly carded figures today. Although I haven't time review each figure properly at the moment, a few points.

1. Batgirl's hands aren't wide enough to hold her communicator.

2. Tut's face sculpt is the least accurate of the lot. As expected, his cape and robes are the same type of plastic used on Batman, Robin, and Batgirl.

3. They did an excellent job with Bookworm's glasses, but they would look far better with black rims.

4. Mr. Freeze is the best of the lot. Detailed backpack, etc. I have the chase but haven't opened him. I'm going to wait until I locate a second before opening Wallach's Mr. Freeze.

In spite of a few drawbacks, I've been wanting figures like these for 30 years. Well worth the wait. 10/10.